Younger people on South Pacific cruise around Easter?

ChappChapp

We had one teenager on our South Pacific cruise in 2014. She was a delightfully, well-mannered young lady. Can't recall if the cruise was over Easter/Spring break, but know she did get permission to miss extra days of class and was actually doing homework and writing papers while on ship and emailing them to her teachers! Quite impressive :).

We were on board last April, Papeete to Lima. I don't remember any kids or even teens on board on our 17 day sailing. School schedules would not allow this much time off.

"Spring break" in our part of the US spans a five or six week period. Most schools give one week sometime between mid March to mid April, a few give two weeks.

How about the home schooled children? On our trip from Sydney to Papeete there were two teenagers traveling with their mom and their tutor/nanny. They were in the owners suite and the nanny was in an adjoining/closeby room.

I would think even if they had children onboard that route they would be minimal in number

We have been lucky & the most we have had on 1 sailing was 8 this was during the summer

Can we expect more teens / younger children even college age on Marina March 19 to April 6, Papeete to LA?

To be direct....NO. why? cost, time and the services on the ships What is a kid going to do for some 10 days at sea in 5- 3 and 2 day segments? with nothing to do but play trivia during some 20 days heck call it 3 weeks...!!!!

How about the home schooled children? On our trip from Sydney to Papeete there were two teenagers traveling with their mom and their tutor/nanny. They were in the owners suite and the nanny was in an adjoining/closeby room.

I doubt that is the norm. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I doubt that is the norm. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thats a lot of jing...and owners suite and a other cabin + 5 fares... air and all that an easy $ 4,000 a day... I dont know a lot of parents oiled that well for a 17to 21 day "family outing"

Thats pushing $70,000 for the vacation budget.... not counting air !!! and add we are pushing $90K to 100K This family didnt fly south west or load up the dodge van.... Probably chartered their own jet .....

Kids to the carribe...flights of 300-350 rt, 7 to 10 days... thats a possibility... maybe $6K for a family.....The so Pacific is a different Polo field.:cool: