Touring Ship

jsumomma

Depends on the cruise line. And many charge for it. On Carnival and Princess you sign up at guest services pretty soon after you board, as spaces are limited. So, you need to ask on the board here for the cruise line you are sailing. EM

on princess at the desk Essiesmom said to and do so when you hope on if there are heaps wanting to do it there will be a ballot i was lucky only about 7 of us signed up for it was very interesting

I varies by cruise line. When offered, RCI charges for the tour and spaces are limited. The tour is very extensive allowing access to many parts of the ship excluding the engine room. Higher tier loyalty program members have select tours (bridge, galley, theater) available to them at no charge.

Are you able to book a tour of your ship? Is it under excursions or how do you book it?

Are you asking about a behind-the-scenes tour, or a general guided tour of the ship's public areas? The answers so far are referencing behind-the-scenes tours that cost money. If you're looking for a general tour of the ship for familiarity, it's hit or miss whether it'll be offered on board. Look on your daily planner on day 1 or 2.

I'm looking at behind the scenes tour on Island Princess. How much is it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Ask on the Princess board here, but I believe it is either $125 or $150. Carnival is less expensive, but they don't give you goodies like a bathrobe to take home (and find space for in your luggage). EM

I'm looking at behind the scenes tour on Island Princess. How much is it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Princess calls their tour the "Ultimate Ships Tour" - costs $150.00, if I remember correctly, and is well worth it , in my opinion. Plus you will receive a bunch of goodies that have almost the value of the cost. You sign up for the tour at the Passenger Services Desk and it is advisable to do that as soon as possible after boarding as spaces are limited and usually go fast.

...VTX-Al

Ask on the Princess board here, but I believe it is either $125 or $150. Carnival is less expensive, but they don't give you goodies like a bathrobe to take home (and find space for in your luggage). EM

Carnival actually does give you goodies when you do the Behind the Fun tour. A hat, a lanyard, and a small backpack.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app