Terrible experience on Crown Princess

2910car

We are just off the Crown Princess and wondering if anyone experienced what we did. We were in Cabin B605 and there was a terrible banging from the hallway all day and night. We could not sleep for 3 nights. Finally in Antigua we were able to get the cabin of someone who left in an ambulance. That was C616 and was pretty quiet. However, the cabins near C606 had the same banging noise as the deck above on the other side of the ship!

If we had not been able to change cabins we would have gotten off the ship in Antigua and flown home. It was that bad.

We have booked the Star Princess for next March in Hawaii and are worrying about the condition of that ship.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

So sorry to hear of your experience!

I was on the Star to Hawaii last month in C304 and we were thrilled with the ship. Aside from a little rust on the balcony, which is not surprising on a ship of her age, we thought the ship was in excellent condition. Carpets, furniture, all the public areas - everything looked great.

We just got off the Crown on April 2nd. I presume the same cruise as you. We were also on the cruise before, so 13 days on Emerald deck and had some noise from the outside of the ship. It seemed to be better once the seas calmed down. We had some rough nights.:(Maybe a lifeboat not as secure as it could have been? Also some base music noise from deck 7. Noticed maintenance issues like lights out in the piazza dome. Crews closed of areas of the promenade to work on carpet issues and were doing some work in interior hallways as well. So they tried. We did not let it spoil our trip but it was noticeable.

IMG_20170330_140715940.jpg

IMG_20170330_140715940.jpg.c6daa533d1d85625ec5948e688b57bdc.jpg

We are just off the Crown Princess and wondering if anyone experienced what we did. We were in Cabin B605 and there was a terrible banging from the hallway all day and night. We could not sleep for 3 nights. Finally in Antigua we were able to get the cabin of someone who left in an ambulance. That was C616 and was pretty quiet. However, the cabins near C606 had the same banging noise as the deck above on the other side of the ship!

If we had not been able to change cabins we would have gotten off the ship in Antigua and flown home. It was that bad.

We have booked the Star Princess for next March in Hawaii and are worrying about the condition of that ship.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

We were on the Crown in C619 for 33 nights disembarking March 20th. Our cabin was quiet. We did notice some banging in the interior, none cabin area, white on the deck plans, across from cabins C605. The banging was there for a few days, and then it was gone. We also encountered a ship's officer in the hall. When questioned she indicated she was listening for the banging noise to see if it had been eliminated. There was also an interior banging noise at times forward of the aft elevators. Maybe it is the same issue. Whatever it is I don't think it is an ongoing problem, but something that they can find and fix.

Been on the Star many times and find it a nice ship.

Passenger services told us there was nothing that could be done about the banging. Thanks to the fact that someone had to be ambulanced off the ship we were able to change cabins and we were okay.

By the way, we have been on at lease 50 cruises on many different lines. Never had this kind of problem before, so it's not as if we are new at this. But I think we will try to stick to newer ships in the future, Still hoping to go on the Star in March. Thank you to those who gave us a positive review of that ship.

Was on the Caribbean Princess and during some rough seas north of Iceland had some could hear some banging in my cabin. Sounded like a cart rolling around and hitting the wall. Called down to customer service and it turned out to be someones scooter in the cabin next door rolling around and hitting a wall.

If it was coming from the hallway, B605 is right across from the mechanical area right under the smoke stacks. If the weather was rough lots of things could have been making that noise.

I think I've heard that sound you're talking about. Was it like a clanging? I don't know what it was, but I pictured the cables from the elevators swinging around and hitting something when it was very windy and the sea was rough.

The worst ship noise I've had was in E-733 on the Grand and also on the Caribbean Princess in A-533. The former was due to high wind & seas, the later sounded like an ice machine needed attention. Beep, beep, beep all night long. By the fourth night, I was either used to it or it had stopped. I should've said something about it the first night. Live & learn.

we were on the carnival triumph (jan-feb) journey cruise.lots of banging going only around 3 a.m.we were on the bottom midship oceanview deck.we complained about it by phone and guest services.they said they had no noise complaints.we found out later on the ship that many,many people had complained about it.carnival lied to everybody about it.

Squeeky wheels gets the grease.

not always

we were on the carnival triumph (jan-feb) journey cruise.lots of banging going only around 3 a.m.we were on the bottom midship oceanview deck.we complained about it by phone and guest services.they said they had no noise complaints.we found out later on the ship that many,many people had complained about it.carnival lied to everybody about it.

We were on the same cruise on Aloha deck. Our beds vibrated like a cheap hotel the whole trip.......and not for the reason you think. For many reasons this was considered our 2nd trip with Princess - our first and last.

Our first trip on the Crown was in a horribly noisy room ... explained, though. We were right under the Trident Grill ... live and learn! We almost stopped cruising with Princess altogether. We've sailed on her twice since then, once in an inside cabin on the Caribe deck and once in an obstructed oceanview room midship on the Emerald deck. Both rooms were excellent and not at all noisy.

Oh no....booked in C603 later this year! AND...I booked that cabin with it's location as primary reason - I have been next to "white spaces" previously and never had a problem. I sure hope it was a one-time thing or that it has been fixed. Hope others who sail in this area of the Crown add their experiences.