Where to stay near port Everglades port

TambearF

Hello. My husband and I are planning our first cruise in Sept. We will be going on a carnival cruise out of Port Everglades port. Can anyone give us suggestion's on where we should stay. We would like to stay in a hotel with free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. On our way back, we would like to stay close enough to the beach that we could walk. Any suggestion's would be so helpful! Thank you in advance! :)

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66. While the pool area was nice, the service at the pool bar was poor. The lobby and grounds were nice but the rooms were in need of a makeover and I've heard that the property is for sale. I would not recommend it.

We stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66. While the pool area was nice, the service at the pool bar was poor. The lobby and grounds were nice but the rooms were in need of a makeover and I've heard that the property is for sale. I would not recommend it.

Thank you!

Everything is old and outdated....Hilton Marina if going the day before and want a nice pool, nice environment on the water with many yachts to look at....Crown Plaza if on a budget been renovated handful years ago close to the port and the Renaissance which I be staying next month the newest renovations...close to Kelly's Landing and Boathouse for dining and has its own restaurant and lounge to go to at night.

Boca Raton is way too far from the cruise port...in that case go a little bit out of the way but a lot closer than Boca Raton and stay at the new Margarhitaville hotel.

29 min (25.5 mi) via I-95 S. I guess you will need to stop for lunch ?

Hello. My husband and I are planning our first cruise in Sept. We will be going on a carnival cruise out of Port Everglades port. Can anyone give us suggestion's on where we should stay. We would like to stay in a hotel with free shuttle from the airport and to the cruise port. On our way back, we would like to stay close enough to the beach that we could walk. Any suggestion's would be so helpful! Thank you in advance! :)

My first choice is always Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina for a pre-cruise stay. They have a very nice pool with a nice poolside bar area. I like to watch the yachts coming and going in the marina from the pool. The rooms are nice and the staff is friendly. I also like to eat dockside at 15th Street Fisheries which is on the water (eat downstairs). It is a very short taxi ride away from the hotel. I prefer not to use hotel shuttles for transportation to the port because they are always overly crowded and take much longer to get to the ship. And the hotel is so close to the cruise port, it is pretty inexpensive to take a taxi.

Embassy Suites 17th St. precruise. Free breakfast, happy hour, 1/2 mile to port. (take cab- easier than shuttle) Plenty of restaurants in walking distance, and a Publix to pick up last minute stuff you forgot! Post cruise - Courtyard Marriot. Right "on" Ft. Lauderdale beach and A1A.

The cruise port, airport, and hotel areas are all close together, so if you drop your shuttle requirements, you have a lot of possibilities. Cab from airport to Embassy Suites is about $15 (very affordable) and then you can pay for the hotel's shuttle to the port or get a cab. Same with other hotels in the 17th St. area. The Hampton Inn in Plantation has an airport and port shuttle, if you don't mind staying a little bit away from the port area.

Roz

September is an inexpensive time to book a hotel in Florida. We love the Riverside on Los Olas and will be staying there for 2 nights pre-cruise in May. You can get the water taxi to the beach, have all of Los Olas restaurants and shops to explore, a pool on the intracoastal and a very nice hotel. We have stayed there many times over the years and prefer their old, original building to the new tower, but will stay in either without complaint. Uber to the port is very inexpensive.

Sunny.org is a website that has listings of hotels in the fort Lauderdale area and whether they have shuttles or not. Snap travel is a new website that has great rates on hotels, but you need to communicate to them via chat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Thank you ! :)

September is an inexpensive time to book a hotel in Florida. We love the Riverside on Los Olas and will be staying there for 2 nights pre-cruise in May. You can get the water taxi to the beach, have all of Los Olas restaurants and shops to explore, a pool on the intracoastal and a very nice hotel. We have stayed there many times over the years and prefer their old, original building to the new tower, but will stay in either without complaint. Uber to the port is very inexpensive.

Thank you! :)

Sunny.org is a website that has listings of hotels in the fort Lauderdale area and whether they have shuttles or not. Snap travel is a new website that has great rates on hotels, but you need to communicate to them via chat.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Thank you!:)

I personally think it just depends on your priorities. We always stay Marriott. I wanted a hotel on the beach, but the ones on the beach didn't offer free airport shuttle and the shuttle to the port was $30/person. We found a Fairfield Inn that has free airport shuttle and only $10/person shuttle to the port and that works out perfect for us! It also will shuttle us to a restaurant called Rustic Inn that looks amazing!!!!!!!

I personally think it just depends on your priorities. We always stay Marriott. I wanted a hotel on the beach, but the ones on the beach didn't offer free airport shuttle and the shuttle to the port was $30/person. We found a Fairfield Inn that has free airport shuttle and only $10/person shuttle to the port and that works out perfect for us! It also will shuttle us to a restaurant called Rustic Inn that looks amazing!!!!!!!

Rustic Inn=great place. One of our favorites. If you are in that area then the Islamorada Fish Company is also good if you go for happy hour and order off the raw bar menu. If you are in the mood for a beer there is an Irish bar called the Field you can Uber to, probably a 5 min. ride. Not the beach but all close by those hotels.