Princess Australia has a new rule from the Australian Govenment

Well Princess may have dodged a bullet as customs were at the terminal but didn't check our bags or anything like that. Duty free alcohol sold when it shouldn't have been according to the law and the Princess policy (also to the letter we received prior to the cruise).

Customs probably didn't check because they knew nothing should have been sold to you AND that Princess are usually pretty good at enforcing the rules.

Customs probably didn't check because they knew nothing should have been sold to you AND that Princess are usually pretty good at enforcing the rules.

Customs did know because me and another bloke got caught taking bottles ashore, i told the shop staff that i was getting off in Brisbane and they didnt seem to care so they might get a kick in the rear

Customs did know because me and another bloke got caught taking bottles ashore, i told the shop staff that i was getting off in Brisbane and they didnt seem to care so they might get a kick in the rear

They would have records of who bought the duty free (cabin numbers etc) so it would be easy for them to audit and allocate the fine.