Oceania Club loyalty rewards question

Go-Bucks!

If my agent is unable to resolve I will have to right a letter to NCL.

As explained above NCL is a separate cruise line

NCLH is the parent company for Regent, NCL & Oceania

Your agent should be able to find the right people to sort it out for you

NCLH doesn't have a "part interest" in NCL that's any different than its corporate relationship with Regent Seven Seas and Oceania. NCLH is the parent holding company of all three.

As I wrote "has part interest in NCL. Might have changed since I invested last." I thought they did not have full ownership of NCL. Thanks for the correction.

As I wrote "has part interest in NCL. Might have changed since I invested last." I thought they did not have full ownership of NCL. Thanks for the correction.

If you bought after the absorption of/merger with PCH (Oceania and Regent) the situation would have been exactly the same...NCLH being the publicly traded parent holding company of NCL, Regent and Oceania, listed on NASDAQ. If you bought NCLH before that, while NCLH did not have a direct corporate relationship with PCH, there was substantial overlap in ownership of both,NCLH a publicly traded corp., PCH a privately held corp., by Apollo Management, which also controlled the boards of directors of both . Apollo still holds a substantial amount of NCLH stock, but no longer controls the board.

Let's say you have 4 cruises completed, does this mean O will add $200 to our onboard account when we set sail on our 5th cruise since we will be at the Bronze level?

Going one step farther, if we are on a B2B cruise and the second leg of that cruise will be our 10th cruise, which moves us to Silver status, will they automatically put $400 OBC in our account as well as include free gratuities?

That would of course be great news if the answer was yes to both of those situations as we are planning a variety of O cruises the next 2-3 years!

I am in a similar situation. Next year I have booked a 'grand voyage' which is two cruises, back to back. The second leg will move me into the Gold level, so I hope I will receive the additional credit and gratuities. I am optimistic about this because the deposit for this cruise was double--$1500 each, instead of the $750 norm for one cruise. I would think that since they are charging deposits for two cruises, they would handle the club rewards in the same way.

Does anyone have experience with this?

I am in a similar situation. Next year I have booked a 'grand voyage' which is two cruises, back to back. The second leg will move me into the Gold level, so I hope I will receive the additional credit and gratuities. I am optimistic about this because the deposit for this cruise was double--$1500 each, instead of the $750 norm for one cruise. I would think that since they are charging deposits for two cruises, they would handle the club rewards in the same way.

Does anyone have experience with this?

Yes,

24 or less is 1 cruise. How long is your cruise?

They are two short cruises, listed separately in their brochure...one is 7 days, the other 8. On the web site it's listed both ways...separate cruises and as a 'grand voyage.' But deposits were paid as if for separate cruises.

Do you have 2 booking numbers or 1 ?

I would think if it was a GV you would only pay $750 pp deposit

What are the cruise dates?

Edited by LHT28

Do you have 2 booking numbers or 1 ?

I would think if it was a GV you would only pay $750 pp deposit

What are the cruise dates?

I think on a GV you pay double deposit. Maybe someone that knows for sure could chime in.

I think on a GV you pay double deposit. Maybe someone that knows for sure could chime in.

We have 2 GVs, 1 B2B and an 8 day cruise hooked to one of the GVs booked and for both the GVs and the B2B we paid $750 pp/leg. We also we paid an additional $750 pp for the 8 day cruise hooked with one of the GVs.

from the T & C bolding is mine

Payment Policy: Bookings made more than 120 days from sailing are required to deposit 20% of the applicable cruise fare for Owner's, Vista, and Oceania Suites and $750 for all other suite/stateroom categories; for Grand Voyages the per person deposit is $1,500, and must be made within 7 days of booking