Public Transportation into Copenhagen

Billboard Reader

I've been reading horror tales from travelers who have tried to use the public bus from Oceankaj Port into Copenhagen. My husband and I would like to travel from the Oceankaj terminal to the Nyhavn area of Copenhagen. What is the best way to do this? Are taxis available in the terminal area? If so can you give me an idea of cost? Thank you so much!!!

I've been reading horror tales from travelers who have tried to use the public bus from Oceankaj Port into Copenhagen. My husband and I would like to travel from the Oceankaj terminal to the Nyhavn area of Copenhagen. What is the best way to do this? Are taxis available in the terminal area? If so can you give me an idea of cost? Thank you so much!!!

We have also used the HoHo bus, right at the terminal and drops you into town. Just check which route you are on as one has a more frequent service than the other.

We took the public bus from the port to the train station and it worked well on the way in. Where we went wrong was on the way back. We didn't realize that the bus service from the train to the port ended at 7:30 pm. so we walked about 4 miles back to the ship. Oh well, we were able to have more desserts for the next few nights:D

• 5 months later...
In May last year with Silhouette there was transport from the port arranged by the ship, at a charge. It was fine, worked well, no big queues at either end.

As I have seen most of the tourist sights in Copenhagen this might suit us when we visit next year, any idea of the cost?

It was around $20 a day. We arrived at mid day and they still wanted to charge $20 for just half a day. Last bus was something like 8pm so useless for dinner. Hoho bus was around $40 and lasted for the entire stay.

When we were in Copenhagen we also walked there and very pleasant it was. But then the ship was docked very close to the little mermaid at Langelinekaj , not at the new cruise terminal Oceankaj. That looks like a very unpleasant indirect walk to me through dockyards.

When we were in Copenhagen we also walked there and very pleasant it was. But then the ship was docked very close to the little mermaid at Langelinekaj , not at the new cruise terminal Oceankaj. That looks like a very unpleasant indirect walk to me through dockyards.

We walked through that on the way back from Nyhaven. It was an ok walk and not unpleasant. Silversea was at the closest berth.

We have docked at Oceankaj several times and were just there in May. While we waited to disembark I had a good view of the port including the Unicef building and the bus stop. The busses were very infrequent.

Taxis are readily available and would be the quickest way to reach wherever you wish in the Nyhavn area.

If arriving on a weekend there are often gatherings such as road races via foot or bike that can block streets for tens of minutes. We did encounter a fun loving bicycle protest movement (of sorts) on one of our Copenhagen trips that held up traffic for almost 30 minutes. We were on a bus and a taxi would have easily found an alternate route.

We walked through that on the way back from Nyhaven. It was an ok walk and not unpleasant. Silversea was at the closest berth.

To be fair, I have not done that walk, only the one to Langeliniekaj near the castle and the mermaid. Its only about 2km, the thought of an extra 4km to the more remote Oceankaj through industrial estates on reclaimed land at the end of a long day walking around Copenhagen seems should I say tedious rather than unpleasant. But I have not done it.