man overboard!

jennyb1265

I just don't understand how anyone could "accidentally" go overboard. It has to involve intention or stupidity! With all these crazy people doing daring things like hanging off the side of buildings (and saw video of kids doing it hanging off the side of the ship) its gonna keep happening. When did common sense become not so common? Geez.

Someone on our FB page for our cruise in June mentioned this this morning, but I couldn't find anything.

This is getting ridiculous.

ZERO common sense, today.

So sad.

My thoughts go out to his family and friends that were onboard with him.

Kudos to Carnival for getting a search boat in the water. Lines unfortunately getting to much real Oscar drills. Strength to the surviving family and friends.

Again you don't accidentally fall off a cruise ship; although there are some stairs area up top that if you are rail riding with a crap load of alcohol you may go flying over, but you are going to be hitting things on the way down. Although I think the cruise lines have assessed points and done something to stop it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

one news account reported the guy was on his honeymoon (delayed for a year). Saw a 5.AM time listed but that may have been the news release time. So if it happened in the dark, and no one threw a life jacket, he's probably not going to be found. FB reports were saying he went off deck 9, which could mea he died when he hit the water, certainly broke a few bones if he was trying to catch himself. Sad!:(

I just don't understand how anyone could "accidentally" go overboard. It has to involve intention or stupidity! With all these crazy people doing daring things like hanging off the side of buildings (and saw video of kids doing it hanging off the side of the ship) its gonna keep happening. When did common sense become not so common? Geez.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I just don't see how you can possibly do this w/out doing something stupid. Falling overboard is not an easy thing to do by any stretch.

FYI, Decatur is part of Atlanta. There is a blurb on the AJC website with updates. According to the latest updates, he did, indeed, jump.

It's terrible. Can't even imagine why anyone would do that, much less on a cruise.

http://www.ajc.com/news/local/search-continues-for-decatur-man-missing-from-cruise-ship/vePLbDzuI4iyxzX263WDWO/

Has anyone ever been on a ship while/where someone went overboard?

I agree with you, many people are just idiotic. I see kids sit on railings. It's sad really.

Yes. Our first cruise on the magic in 2012. A crew member jumped. He wanted to go home. He had a life jacket, so they found him. He was rescued.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums