Should a can of soda be included in the Classic Drinks Package?

AnOnymously

Should a can of soda be included in the Classic Drinks Package?  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Should a can of soda be included in the Classic Drinks Package?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

At first I was annoyed about the change because I am really affected by it - I don´t drink and Diet Coke is just about all I have for dinner and at bars. Then again, I don´t really care if it comes from a fountain or a can... as long as I get my drink with the package. My only worry was that I never saw Diet Coke in a fountain at most of the venues.

However, I am pretty relaxed now after getting information about how it is handled from a few friends travelling on different Celebrity ships under the new rule. They still got their Coke out of the can - they were just not handed the can. And they were not allowed to take a can with them (or pay for it).

The waiters poured the Coke out of the can at the bar and brought them the glass. When it was finished they could get a new glass. I can live with that!

I will refuse payment at the end of my cruise for liquor that moved from Classic to Premium and for canned sodas. I paid for the cruise which described on the Celebrity site the Classic Alcoholic beverage before this new package was posted.I agreed to pay with the understanding that Celebrity will provide the package described at the time of purchase. How can they change their package after I bought the ticket and expect me to pay more? I wouldn't have bought a ticket had I known of the change, but now I'm forced to accept and pay more and I can't get a refund to cancel cause I've paid in full and scheduled to leave in 30 days. It could be called "Bait and Switch" or "False Advertising" either way its wrong. Give me what I paid for because that's what was agreed upon, not this new package. Some like it, but they have a choice to choose before paying. Also same for those that don't like they have a choice before payment. I don't.

Good luck with that. At this point, while you can't get a refund, you can get a refund of your drink package if you purchased it. And I'm sure you could switch perks if it was a perk. Your cruise hasn't changed - just the beverage package inclusions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't and it's very annoying. We like to bring a Bootle of water and a soft drink on excursion. We'll have to do like NCL or Carnival and bring our own aboard.

Bottle of water is not a problem. You can still get that.

Keep one of the bottles, order a soft drink and pour it into the empty bottle. Much more practical than a can anyway...

Or buy a soft drink while on land. Not expensive and - more important - still cold!

OK! Miaminice, thanks for that info. As long as I am drinking Diet Coke from a can, not a (nonexistent) fountain nozzle, I can live with it. LOL First World Problems. A bit more work for the bar staff when previously I'd just ask for a can and leave and get my own glass.