Live April 13 Silver Spirit Lisbon to Barcelona

spinnaker2

Lunch in la Terrazza, and fresh mussels en brodo. Gorgeous looking. DH enjoyed some. I heard from a reputable source that fresh sardines also came aboard!

They have not made an appearance yet.

Nice white wine with lunch, dry and mineral. Yum.

We slept in and missed breakfast, although I did awake to photograph the sunrise. So after two espressos ( TG for the machine in the silver suite) and some left over Chex mix ( I only eat the Chex) we had lunch somewhat early.

Days aboard have dwindled down to just a few.

Hmmmmmm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

bcfb555bd9b7e283b7b8a2dd2763479a.jpga889b01eb1d92339e9769dd7b7fe8b2f.jpg

This morning coming into Ibiza.

Into Valencia early. It's such an industrial and busy port! Missed the chocolate party. Couldn't keep the lids open, after the rich dinner in La Terraza, pasta with four cheeses is richly decadent.

Super love the above two pictures. It's two visuals, right? But, it almost seems like it is just one picture. Your La Terrazza dining delights sound super. Sorry your camera is not better on food pictures. Too bad your exciting adventure is coming to a close. Will you spend much time in our excellent love of charming Barcelona? Keep it coming!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 178,016 views for this posting.

I am waiting for another member of our trivia team to post, hopefully.

Today was the last day for Trivia.

The day never warmed up, in fact it looks like snow clouds on the horizon. One could have used a warm hat today!

First day we went to tea, mainly to get warm. Yummy cucumber sandwiches along with other tasty treats and the obligatory scones.

Tomorrow is the dreaded packing day. As I packed lighter, it should be easy to throw it all in.

We have been to Barcelona many times before and have no definite plans to sightsee, we may just walk about.

If you're just walking around and enjoy food, if you haven't been to Le Boquira (spelling disaster but you get the idea) it's worth an hour at least! It's just off La Ramblas (again, spelling a little dicey). FABULOUS food market! Great place for a snack as well. Inquiring minds want to know where does the Spirit go between now and next Weds into Rome?

Yes I did ask about the charter. Supposedly an American company, no more details I can glean as of yet.

Just arrived at the berth in BCN, adjacent to Eurostars.

Sunny but COLD. Last night people wearing parkas, if I had one I would have worn it too.

Farewell show was nicely done. Captains children sat in front row all dressed up and adorable.

Dinner in La Terrazza, was crowded but service the same high level and food yummy.

To follow up David's trivia post:

EnglishUSA, Spins and I all did the B2B from Lauderdale. In that time we were the core of a trivia team altho' the the other members changed at Lisbon and again several times over the past few days.

We competed in all 19 games, didn't place once or twice, were third twice, second twice, and were first the rest of the times altho' that was often first equal. Even got full marks once.

I was commenting one evening to HD Flavio that we weren't very popular because of this and he said that the other pax didn't have much of a chance, up against such 'seasoned professionals' as ourselves. We're gonna have to watch out for our reputation!

On another tack, we had a pretty rough crossing, missing Horta because of it, but now I see that Tropical Storm Arlene is roiling mid Atlantic - how extraordinary to have such an early storm, thank goodness we didn't get caught in it.

As Spins mentioned, we are now at dock in Barcelona at World Trade Centre dock S for an overnight before we disembark tomorrow - tomorrow the Muse comes in to Dock A at 7am, I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of her before I leave but it may not be possible - if not, I'll just have to wait for December and Barbados.

I saw that Barcelona weather will hover with highs in the 60's F until the first week in May when it will reach 70. Yes, cold for you and me! I will embark the Whisper, which will berth in your same spot, on May10th. I'm so sick of our cold weather in Syracuse that I daringly packed a bathing suit and plan on swimming the very first day. BTW, the handsome chap in the balcony should be Mr. Spins. Hope we all coincide in a cruise some day.

were third twice, second twice, and were first the rest of the times altho' that was often first equal. Even got full marks once. I was commenting one evening to HD Flavio that we weren't very popular because of this and he said that the other pax didn't have much of a chance, up against such 'seasoned professionals' as ourselves. As Spins mentioned, we are now at dock in Barcelona at World Trade Centre dock S for an overnight before we disembark tomorrow - tomorrow the Muse comes in to Dock A at 7am, I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of her before I leave but it may not be possible - if not, I'll just have to wait for December and Barbados.

Appreciate these wonderful details, comments and follow-ups from jollyjones, Spins, etc. Congratulations for your excellent success. Love Barcelona and it should be interesting to see the Muse, hear any info/insights that you pick up, etc.

More excellent and interesting pictures have been posted. Keep 'em coming with the fun pictures. Love to see more, especially as related to the Silver Spirit, its food, options, secrets, etc. Hint! Hint!! Yes, nice sunshine there. Sorry that it's a little cool. Here in Central Ohio, it is sunny and a high today of 64F.

For us, the “Silver Box” from Silversea arrived this morning at home via UPS Express. It was shipped from Italy!! Seems that it arrived earlier than “normal” and came directly to us, not to our travel agent. As I vaguely re-call, thought this "box" arrived about a month out. Reactions as to getting it now as being early or normal? Miss the "good old days" with the baggage tags that were the very nice red leather. But, these work out OK, too. Maybe? It is now seven weeks till we fly to Lisbon on June 9 and 54 days till we do our Silver Spirit sail-away on June 14 to go up that Atlantic Coast to Rouen, France.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

AFRICA?!!?: Lots of interesting and dramatic pictures can be seen from this live/blog at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2310337

Now at 31,345 views for this visual sharing including Cape Town, along South Africa’s coast, Mozambique, Victoria Falls/Zambia and Botswana's famed Okavango Delta area.

Edited by TLCOhio

Ugh, Moss is giving departure instructions.

We don't leave until 845 and I am enjoying my coffee en suite.

Baggage offloading began an hour ago with lots of loud noise.

Impossible to sleep late.

And so change over day has begun.

The charter, an American financial group of about 400 comes aboard and so too will top level corporate from Silversea.

Last night we dined in the Grill. Many hugs from crew as we left.

We booked two cruises while onboard. One in 2018 and another back to back in late September of this year, all on the Spirit.

Soon off to the airport.

Advice on the Spirit, just enjoy.

The crew are terrific and work hard.

Say thanks a lot.

Smile.

Fill out the questionnaire and give praise to those who well deserve it.

A donation to the crew fund helps all of the crew, of course it isn't obligatory, but more of a gesture of thanks to all.

:-)

The Muse has arrived, I can just see her turning to dock. Looks (a bit far away) like a slightly inflated Spirit - not a surprise since that's what she is.

Gotta disembark now. As Spins said to oncoming pax, just relax and enjoy.

Ugh, Moss is giving departure instructions.

We don't leave until 845 and I am enjoying my coffee en suite.

Baggage offloading began an hour ago with lots of loud noise.

Impossible to sleep late.

And so change over day has begun.

The charter, an American financial group of about 400 comes aboard and so too will top level corporate from Silversea.

Last night we dined in the Grill. Many hugs from crew as we left.

We booked two cruises while onboard. One in 2018 and another back to back in late September of this year, all on the Spirit.

Soon off to the airport.

Hate disembarkation day....but good to hear you've got more booked...looks like we shall meet again in September 😃

Safe journey home Spins.....😊

Sitting in the BCN Iberia lounge. I think we walked halfway to Madrid to get here.

I did see the Muse from afar, i.e., that being where we were berthed. Gleaming white vessel, bigger looking Spirit.

As we left changeover day in earnest, most of cruise pax had disembarked. Crew busily varnishing, painting, polishing and primping the lovely Spirit for the revelers of the charter.