Live April 13 Silver Spirit Lisbon to Barcelona

spinnaker2

That behemoth is hideous. Prefer the beautiful pictures of the sail into Cartagena and all the other reports. Thank you for taking us along with you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+1

I would have enjoyed also seeing those dolphins while having dinner. It sounds like a beautiful experience.

Julie

We've been loving your photos....thank you so much for taking the time to take us along! The idea of dinner on La Terraza with dolphins entertaining is just wonderful! Although she's hardly what you could call "pretty", we as sailing buffs, enjoyed seeing the Russian behemouth.....not quite America's Cup material! (probably cost less!)

That Russian ship is certainly hideous!!

One person we haven't yet mentioned is the loneliest man on board - Mr Preludio, the cobbler. In nearly three weeks, I still haven't seen anyone talking to him, let alone looking like they're going to drop 400 bucks on a couple of strips of fancy leather. He was huddled, shivering, in his fashionable jacket all the way across the Atlantic, I felt quite sorry for him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The approach to cartagena. Last night we ate outside in LaTerrazza, watching the sun slowly descend and dolphins playing in our wake. Magical.

Appreciate the continued great sharing by Spins and the excellent photos. More!! More!! Have never been to Cartagena, Spain. Last month we super loved Caragena, Colombia. Now I know where that names comes from and why.

Agree that Russian mega yacht looks very weird and strange. Not for me. Luckily, I just saved a half billion dollars, plus all of those operating expenses by not buying one of those. After finishing my taxes last night, I feel so much richer. Maybe in June, I can afford a special dinner or lunch in Portugal, France or Spain.

WOW!! What a super great dinner and scenic location!!! Any pictures of the food and sights to share? More!! More!! We want to get our money's worth from your trip. Are we expecting too much?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 177,794 views for this posting.

Probably shouldn't crow too early, but Trivia Team has won 1st place 5 out of 5! Probably downhill from now on!

Love the added pictures from Spins. Looking very good. Always wanting more pictures. Will check the international news wires and London/UK newspapers for the reporting on the Trivia Team wins. Is ESPN covering live this exciting action?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Venice: Loving It & Why??!! Is one of your future desires or past favorites? See these many visual samples for its great history and architecture. This posting is now at 67,123 views.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

Tonight is Venetian society party, which we will skip.

We will, however, raise a glass of bubbly to all those lovely people we have met on board Silversea and toast them!

We hope our paths cross again soon.

We have only a few more days aboard the Spirit and we already are nostalgic. Yikes!24cc2a64650f5a1a8ab5cd4186e0fa97.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Someone asked about the ships vibe, and I am not sure I can really define it although it's a lovely mix of young and older pax. A holiday mood, as Easter happened in the days aboard, likely why younger pax aboard.

It's all been good. Happy and upbeat for the most part.

Today we are in Ibiza.

Docked with the commercial ferries so there is lots of noise and exhaust fumes.

It's chilly and cloudy. Pool deck is very sparsely populated except for some intent upon deepening their red skin hue.

We had lunch on the pool deck and I needed a blanket in addition to already wearing a turtleneck and a long sweater. brrr.

We went to the old city and walked up. Some pretty views.

Commercial and touristy otherwise. Didn't hear any cafe del mar music.

Cruise for us is winding down.

Last night we had a special dinner prepared for us and our guests in the MDR. It was delicious. Indian food all suggested by our butler. I tried to take pictures but my little camera just couldn't handle the proximity of the plate and I didn't bring my regular camera, as it wouldn't fit in my tiny evening bag. Trust me, the food was great.

Today we are in Ibiza.

Docked with the commercial ferries so there is lots of noise and exhaust fumes.

It's chilly and cloudy. Pool deck is very sparsely populated except for some intent upon deepening their red skin hue.

We had lunch on the pool deck and I needed a blanket in addition to already wearing a turtleneck and a long sweater. brrr.

We went to the old city and walked up. Some pretty views.

Commercial and touristy otherwise. Didn't hear any cafe del mar music.

Cruise for us is winding down.

Last night we had a special dinner prepared for us and our guests in the MDR. It was delicious. Indian food all suggested by our butler. I tried to take pictures but my little camera just couldn't handle the proximity of the plate and I didn't bring my regular camera, as it wouldn't fit in my tiny evening bag. Trust me, the food was great.

Ask for it again tonight... and take the camera this time! :D

Can't believe its gone so quick!

Highlights / Lowlights?

Hi Candy & Larry, thanks again for taking us along on your Spirit cruise. Candy, your ability to compose a picture has led to some of the most beautiful snaps I have seen shared on the Silversea cruise critic board. Bravo!

Thanks so much for sharing (with Larry's assist) your exceptional camera eye with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tonight is the infamous chocolate party by the pool.

I don't know if i can stay awake for the event.

It's so cold out. The clouds didn't ever lift for the famous sunset.

Tomorrow is Valencia and the final trivia show down.

Thanks for the encouraging words on my attempts to capture some of what I see.

Into Valencia early.

It's such an industrial and busy port!

Missed the chocolate party. Couldn't keep the lids open, after the rich dinner in La Terraza, pasta with four cheeses is richly decadent.

Overheard pax asking what DOP meant to a waiter, who blithely answered, "date of production"! Hahaha....

Sophia,

We are busily booking next cruises...not many crossings. Thinking of Piraeus to Rome, 5727b and 5728...on the Spirit.

Join us!

We envy your Muse experience and would love to hear more in person.

We are busily booking next cruises...not many crossings. Thinking of Piraeus to Rome, 5727b and 5728...on the Spirit.

Whats the Chocolate Party? (I'd hate to miss out on the choccies! lol)

Both of those cruises look good. Will be picking your brains if you do book as many of the ports are the same as the Spirit cruise we've booked for next year.

Glad you've had a ball and will have another to look forward to when you disembark.

Safe journey and thanks for the live review..