RomeCabs or Miles&Miles - Thoughts???

pl281

We are on a cruise this summer out of Rome (4 adults and a 4yo) We are flying in a couple of days early and have 2 full days.

We've done Rome & the vatican before as a Shore Excursion - I wanted to see what thoughts were between these 2 tour companies - especially if anyone has gone with families

Thanks

We have used Rome Cabs a few times for transport and once for a tour of the area around the port rather than just sitting at the airport for hours. It was all great. They know their stuff and are extremely reliable. On our tour day we came off the ship and it was raining, our driver was waiting for us with umbrellas in hand.

We are looking for someone to accommodate our 8 person group for a private tour as well.

Any reason why the two PP's chose Rome Cabs over Miles and Miles?

Rome cabs is a very well run company.

The owner treats all customers like royalty

Prompt efficient and everything else good

Btw I've never heard anyone on these boards mention that miles company either

We did the Etruscans and castles and lake bracciano tour with the owner Stefano last trip

We had a private Rome day with him the previous trip

This is just the kind of guy you want to spend a day with

If he is booked however you get a colleague who is just as good as Stefano

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We chose Rome Cabs a few years ago on our first Med cruise to go from Rome to the port and then the port to FCO. The service was great. We had 6 people in Rome in two different hotels about a mile apart, no problem with the two stop pick up. We had 8 people going to the airport and lots of luggage, no problems. Our last time we did the countryside tour before going to the airport and it was great too. Just great experiences.

Everyone loves their driver guide companies in Italy. You probably won't go wrong with either.

The Miles spend a lot of time in the US and understand American culture, speak English well, and provide a great experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from our Cruise yesterday, Romecabs was absolutely perfect! Very reliable, friendly drivers and even with all the crazy drivers in Rome we always felt safe ! Can't thank them enough for making our trip so carefree.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Rome Cabs to transfer from Civitavecchia to Rome airport. They were punctual and we had an excellent driver. I had a luggie which is a motorized cart because I have difficulty walking and the driver was exceptionally and handled the luggage and my luggie. Wonderful company. Very comfortable car.

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back May 13 and used Rome Cabs twice. The first was for a transfer from the airport to our apartment, and the second was our port transfer to which we added a tour of the area and a visit to Ceri. Both were excellent, and our driver/guide on the day we went to the ship was exceptional.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We used Rome cabs for two vip transfers last year. The drivers were always early, very professional and highly personable.

We are using them again this coming September for transfers from the airport to our hotel and from the hotel to the port.

Highly recommend them

• 9 months later...
We chose Rome Cabs a few years ago on our first Med cruise to go from Rome to the port and then the port to FCO. The service was great. We had 6 people in Rome in two different hotels about a mile apart, no problem with the two stop pick up. We had 8 people going to the airport and lots of luggage, no problems. Our last time we did the countryside tour before going to the airport and it was great too. Just great experiences.

Hi Mr. Click, I am thinking about doing this exact tour/transfer after our upcoming cruise and have a few questions for you. What time did you have them pick you up at the port and what time did you arrive at FCO? Our flight is at 6 pm, but have read that we should be at the airport 3 hours prior to departure. Also, did you stop for lunch? Do you feel that the tour worth extra money? Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same question! With a 6 PM flight, we don’t want to be sitting at the airport all day. Wondering if the extra cost is worth it.

Hi Nan,

I went ahead and booked it, I figure that it will extend our vacation by one more day before a long flight home and will certainly be better than sitting in the airport all day! I read a report on Trip Advisor from someone that did the tour + airport transfer and highly recommended it. Also, it becomes more affordable if you add another couple to your group. The cost for 4 is only 20 euros more than cost for two. I was thinking about asking on our roll-call to see if anyone wanted to join us. :):)

Youtube video of tour:

Hi Nan,

I went ahead and booked it, I figure that it will extend our vacation by one more day before a long flight home and will certainly be better than sitting in the airport all day! I read a report on Trip Advisor from someone that did the tour + airport transfer and highly recommended it. Also, it becomes more affordable if you add another couple to your group. The cost for 4 is only 20 euros more than cost for two. I was thinking about asking on our roll-call to see if anyone wanted to join us. :):)

Youtube video of tour:

I agree, I’d prefer to extend the vacation a bit rather than sit at the airport. I think we’ll book it and continue to try to get people on our roll call to join us to lower the cost. Thanks for your input and the YouTube link!