Booking on board

WolfpackFan

You will get OBC for the new cruise. Amount will depend on the type cabin and the length of the cruise booked. You can also by a Future Cruise Credit and get the same benefit for booking with it after the cruise.

You will get OBC for the new cruise. Amount will depend on the type cabin and the length of the cruise booked. You can also by a Future Cruise Credit and get the same benefit for booking with it after the cruise.

Thanks.

I have to disagree with the statements about no benefit for booking on board.

We were on the Island in November and they were offering OBC for European bookings.

We booked a mini for 21 days and got $150 pp for using a FCC AND $150 pp for booking onboard for a total of $600 OBC

So it pays to ask. We were on the Grand in February and there wasn't any special promo.

We were on the Island in November and they were offering OBC for European bookings.

We booked a mini for 21 days and got $150 pp for using a FCC AND $150 pp for booking onboard for a total of $600 OBC

So it pays to ask. We were on the Grand in February and there wasn't any special promo.

Diane, the OBC you were granted was not for booking onboard. It was part of the promotion going on at the time (probably the 3 for Free, which concluded Nov. 16). That deal was available to everyone booking at that time, not just people booking onboard.

I agree with those who have said there is no benefit to booking onboard over purchasing an FCD.

eta-If you did book under the 3 for Free you should also see that your gratuities are prepaid when you look in your Personalizer for that cruise;)

Edited by cherylandtk

As said, absolutely no advantage to booking onboard. Years ago, they offered double OBC if you booked onboard but I haven't seen that promotion in years.

I just make sure I have at least two FCCs on my Captains Circle and use a TA with whom I pay 10-20% less and get OBC. I use my FCCs to book and get the OBC for using the FCC.

I have wondered what the advantage to booking onboard was. so am glad to know there is none (which is what I thought all along). I understand that you can designate your booking be transferred to your TA when booking onboard, should there be an advantage.

As said, absolutely no advantage to booking onboard. Years ago, they offered double OBC if you booked onboard but I haven't seen that promotion in years.

I just make sure I have at least two FCCs on my Captains Circle and use a TA with whom I pay 10-20% less and get OBC. I use my FCCs to book and get the OBC for using the FCC.

It has been a while since we got double future cruise credit when booking on board. The cruises have been sailing full so there's not much incentive for them to offer anything extra.

But I always check.....just in case something pops up. :p

Yes, we were on the Crown in November and that offer was there too. So it was probably fleet wide.

Booking on board and FCC are always combinable with whichever promotion Princess is running provided your next cruise is included in that promo.

Example: If you book a sailing that is eligible for the current Come Back New promo on board, you will get the OBC for booking on board plus waived gratuities and $300 in air credits (if it's an applicable sailing).

If you are not sure which sailing you want to book, just buy some FCCs. Book when you find the one you want with the promo you want.

I have wondered what the advantage to booking onboard was. so am glad to know there is none (which is what I thought all along). I understand that you can designate your booking be transferred to your TA when booking onboard, should there be an advantage.
You don't need to transfer. On board bookings and FCCs automatically go to the TA of record of your current sailing.

Diane, the OBC you were granted was not for booking onboard. It was part of the promotion going on at the time (probably the 3 for Free, which concluded Nov. 16). That deal was available to everyone booking at that time, not just people booking onboard.

I agree with those who have said there is no benefit to booking onboard over purchasing an FCD.

eta-If you did book under the 3 for Free you should also see that your gratuities are prepaid when you look in your Personalizer for that cruise;)

Beg to differ with you.

Yes, the 3 for Free was still going on.

We got gratuities AND $150 pp for that promotion. We EACH had $450 OBC plus free gratuities.

I say 'had' because the price dropped significantly on our cabin and we rebooked. Lots of math to do but saved more than enough to make the rebooking worthwhile.

Beg to differ with you.

Yes, the 3 for Free was still going on.

We got gratuities AND $150 pp for that promotion. We EACH had $450 OBC plus free gratuities.

I say 'had' because the price dropped significantly on our cabin and we rebooked. Lots of math to do but saved more than enough to make the rebooking worthwhile.

Cheryl is correct. I got the same thing (actually more) as you plus saved over 10% by booking with my TA over anything Princess offered via the "3 for Free" promotion. This promotion had no benefit or advantage by booking onboard. On my November cruise, I'll have (just me) about $825 in various promotional OBC and I'm saving 10% over any Princess fare at the time of booking. I haven't checked lately to see what my current savings would be.

You don't need to transfer. On board bookings and FCCs automatically go to the TA of record of your current sailing.

what if you want transfer the FCC to a DIFFERENT TA than the one you used to book the cruise you are sailing on when you purchase the FCC?

Quote not working for me, for Booptennis.

You can keep the booking yourself or request onboard that it be transferred to your TA or any other TA.

If you book onboard it's always good to check and not assume where the booking is going to end up.

You could wait until you get home to transfer it to any other TA.

what if you want transfer the FCC to a DIFFERENT TA than the one you used to book the cruise you are sailing on when you purchase the FCC?

If you book, the new booking goes under the current TA by default. If you want to use a new TA for the new booking, you will need to tell Princess to make a direct booking. Then you can transfer the direct booking to the new TA.

For FCC it doesn't matter. You have the option not to notify your current TA when placing FCCs. When you are ready to book, contact the new TA and they can apply the FCC for you. FCC stays with YOU. Even if you checked the box to notify your TA about the FCC, he/she has no control over how and with whom you chose to use it.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Edited by Selion

No, It goes to any TA you want or no TA.
Your are right. You can ask the booking to be directly booked with Princess. If you don't ask, the new booking is under the current TA by default.

While Princess doesn't say you can have the new booking to be with a different TA. You can transfer a direct booking with Princess to another TA afterwards. Sorry for the misinformation above.

That's just for bookings. That doesn't apply for FCCs.