Windows

Disnyfan2

Are there windows in the main dining room on S class ships? Cruising to Alaska this summer and would like to see as much scenery as possible.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

if you would take a few minutes to review the Celebrity site for you ship and go to the onboard experience, MOST of your questions would be answered. Also, reading various threads on CC you will find questions asked about dining room seating.

Yes, there many tables in the S class ship MDR's, especially 2 tops, that are right by the windows. If you have select dining and arrive early, by 6 pm or so, there won't be any problem getting a window table. Even several tables in from the windows often are at right angles to the windows and allow for lovely views. Enjoy! I suppose if you wish to dine later, you could ask to reserve a window table, altho' it might be getting dark, depending on the time.

When looking at S class ships and times of departure it is worth considering Tuscan Grill....We sailed out from Hawaii quite late and sat at a table by those big windows watching the lights disappear.....on another occasion, it was still quite light when we left a Caribbean port and saw the port slowly fade away...

We love Tuscan anyway but invariably book it when we can time it in with leaving a port.

Mixerdave

I checked the website for pictures of the main dining room before asking this question. All the question required wad a yes or no. If you can not be helpful, say nothing. Thank you boblin and chemmo for actually answering the question.

if you would take a few minutes to review the Celebrity site for you ship and go to the onboard experience, MOST of your questions would be answered. Also, reading various threads on CC you will find questions asked about dining room seating.

Isn't the point of these boards for people to ask questions and share info? There is no need to berate or get down on someone. I don't know the OP but it sounds like they tried and couldn't find the Info they were looking for. MixerDave why don't you either help or just keep to yourself? There is no need to belittle someone.

Mixerdave

I checked the website for pictures of the main dining room before asking this question. All the question required wad a yes or no. If you can not be helpful, say nothing. Thank you boblin and chemmo for actually answering the question.

Sorry for that response you got, just keep asking questions, you will find most people on this board actually will go overboard to help you.

Yes, there many tables in the S class ship MDR's, especially 2 tops, that are right by the windows. If you have select dining and arrive early, by 6 pm or so, there won't be any problem getting a window table. Even several tables in from the windows often are at right angles to the windows and allow for lovely views. Enjoy! I suppose if you wish to dine later, you could ask to reserve a window table, altho' it might be getting dark, depending on the time.

During the Alaskan cruising season the sun never completely sets until sometimes after midnight, the sky is in an almost constant "dusk" kind of light. Alaska is the one place we cruised that we really enjoyed the ocean views from the MDR since we always dine in the late seating. Enjoy your cruise! Alaska is amazing.