New to RC - Random thoughts on Boardwalk balcony cabins

I am currently on Allure, and my family of five is staying in two adjoining boardwalk balcony cabins. We are on Deck 9, almost all the way at the end. We love these cabins and this location!

The door that adjoins the cabins is right by the entrance doors, across from the bathrooms. We kept this open all the time, except in the morning, when we had an awake room and a sleeping room. As soon as we arrived, our cabin steward offered to remove our partition between the balconies, so we were connected there too.

I was worried there wouldn't be enough space for all of our stuff, but there was plenty. There is very limited drawer space, but if you look beyond that, you will find lots of other places to put things. Bring as much on hangers as you can, as there is lots of hanging space in the closet. There are also some shelves in the closet. As I had read on Cruise critic, our suitcases fit nicely under the bed.

We all loved the boardwalk view from our balcony, and we all agreed we liked it better than an ocean view balcony. If you just enjoy peace and quiet, then pick ocean view. But we loved being able to watch all the activity of the Boardwalk, the Aqua Theater (there is more that goes on there than just the Aqua show), the climbing walls, and a nice ocean view between the Aqua Theater and the climbing wall too. I was worried Deck 9 might be too close to the Boardwalk, but we liked it. I think Deck 10 might be perfect, but there weren't any adjoining rooms close to the back.

I agree with others on Cruise critic who have said to get a cabin (Boardwalk balcony) as far aft as possible. Note that the cabin on the end doesn't have a wrap around view. They still have the same opaque divider on the side at the end. But you get more of an ocean view closer to the end and can see the aqua theater better.

Yes, it's a long walk down the hallway. I counted 100 steps from the aft elevator bank to our cabin doors. We didn't mind the walk at all, but we were really glad to be aft on the ship, because almost everything we did was aft (Windjammer, Main Dining Room, Boardwalk, Flow Rider, zip line, etc.). Once you get to the aft elevators/stairs, you are close to most everything. If you really don't like to walk, get a room as close to one of the elevator banks as possible.

Each balcony has two chairs and a small table. The railing of the balcony was between chest and stomach height on me when I was standing, but it was right across the horizon at eye level when I was sitting, so I'd have to slouch down to see where the water met the sky. I brought clothespins to pin swimsuits to the chairs to dry, but it never got that windy on the boardwalk balconies, even when it was extremely windy on the upper decks, so clothespins weren't really needed.

I wear earplugs to sleep when I travel, so I can't tell you if there was noise from the boardwalk at night. My kids say they didn't hear it, but maybe they just didn't notice.

We had three people in one of our rooms, so we used the pull out couch. Our cabin steward set it up for us every evening when we were at dinner and put it back to a couch in the morning. When it was open, there was very little space in the room. You have to wedge your self around it to get out the balcony door.

We also had the Eat Drink Play package - I wrote some random thoughts on that in a separate post.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So glad you took the time to write this post! We are leaving on June 4th and also have the Balcony cabins with the eat drink play program... we are as aft as we could book... this made me feel less anxious on our choice as I had also convinced my son and his wife to book a couple of cabins down from us!!! Thanks again!!

Ladybug36dreams

I am currently on Allure, and my family of five is staying in two adjoining boardwalk balcony cabins. We are on Deck 9, almost all the way at the end. We love these cabins and this location!

The door that adjoins the cabins is right by the entrance doors, across from the bathrooms. We kept this open all the time, except in the morning, when we had an awake room and a sleeping room. As soon as we arrived, our cabin steward offered to remove our partition between the balconies, so we were connected there too.

I was worried there wouldn't be enough space for all of our stuff, but there was plenty. There is very limited drawer space, but if you look beyond that, you will find lots of other places to put things. Bring as much on hangers as you can, as there is lots of hanging space in the closet. There are also some shelves in the closet. As I had read on Cruise critic, our suitcases fit nicely under the bed.

We all loved the boardwalk view from our balcony, and we all agreed we liked it better than an ocean view balcony. If you just enjoy peace and quiet, then pick ocean view. But we loved being able to watch all the activity of the Boardwalk, the Aqua Theater (there is more that goes on there than just the Aqua show), the climbing walls, and a nice ocean view between the Aqua Theater and the climbing wall too. I was worried Deck 9 might be too close to the Boardwalk, but we liked it. I think Deck 10 might be perfect, but there weren't any adjoining rooms close to the back.

I agree with others on Cruise critic who have said to get a cabin (Boardwalk balcony) as far aft as possible. Note that the cabin on the end doesn't have a wrap around view. They still have the same opaque divider on the side at the end. But you get more of an ocean view closer to the end and can see the aqua theater better.

Yes, it's a long walk down the hallway. I counted 100 steps from the aft elevator bank to our cabin doors. We didn't mind the walk at all, but we were really glad to be aft on the ship, because almost everything we did was aft (Windjammer, Main Dining Room, Boardwalk, Flow Rider, zip line, etc.). Once you get to the aft elevators/stairs, you are close to most everything. If you really don't like to walk, get a room as close to one of the elevator banks as possible.

Each balcony has two chairs and a small table. The railing of the balcony was between chest and stomach height on me when I was standing, but it was right across the horizon at eye level when I was sitting, so I'd have to slouch down to see where the water met the sky. I brought clothespins to pin swimsuits to the chairs to dry, but it never got that windy on the boardwalk balconies, even when it was extremely windy on the upper decks, so clothespins weren't really needed.

I wear earplugs to sleep when I travel, so I can't tell you if there was noise from the boardwalk at night. My kids say they didn't hear it, but maybe they just didn't notice.

We had three people in one of our rooms, so we used the pull out couch. Our cabin steward set it up for us every evening when we were at dinner and put it back to a couch in the morning. When it was open, there was very little space in the room. You have to wedge your self around it to get out the balcony door.

We also had the Eat Drink Play package - I wrote some random thoughts on that in a separate post.

Thanks for your thoughts! We booked a boardwalk balcony room (10327) on Allure for August 2018. We have the second to last balcony. I really look forward to the views, I guess you can say it is the best of both worlds.

Thanks, nice review, we are going for spring break next year in 12729 (the farthest aft cabin on 12) with the 4 of us - my wife and I and 2 teenage boys. The only other cruise we were on was a balcony on JOTS, so was wondering what the boardwalk ones would be like.

Thanks for your thoughts! We booked a boardwalk balcony room (10327) on Allure for August 2018. We have the second to last balcony. I really look forward to the views, I guess you can say it is the best of both worlds.

We had that cabin last January. You'll like it:)

Thank you for posting. We booked a boradwalk room on Symphony and was debating for awhile based on noise level at night (daytime noise we don't care as we got the view for the action). We did book more central to try and limit the Aqua Theatre noise at night for our kids. Don't mind as much if we don't have full view of ocean so that's ok.

Haven't seen your other post. So can I ask about the Boardwalk bonus items. Did you take advantage of the family rock wall session? I actually don't get that one since someone said it is only for 2 allocated hours so how can every Boardwalk room have a private rock wall session?

Also, how busy does Johnny Rockets get if everyone gets a free meal..especially if trying for a sea day?

The rock wall climbing session is deceptive. It is not a private session for each family - it is ONE session only for all Boardwalk balcony cabins. They take a maximum of 10 people, and you are supposed to go to the climbing wall and sign up on embarkation day.

Johnny Rockets doesn't take reservations, but they never seemed too busy. Only the Boardwalk balcony cabins get the free lunch or dinner. If you search this forum for Eat Drink Play, you should be able to find my post with more detail on this topic - not sure how to add a link.

These have always been our favorite cabins on Oasis ships. It took a couple of sailing to figure out which deck we should chose. Some are too high, some too low. We like Deck 10. You need to be careful on the Harmony because the slide may really take a bite out of your view if you aren't the one of the first few cabins from the aft.

We just had (last month) the last four aft Boardwalk cabins starboard side deck #9 on HOTS...If you've sailed in these cabins on Oasis/Allure get ready for the huge obstruction that the Abyss creates....same will be true with SOTS. :eek: