Was about to book Carnival Fantasy

We were just looking at booking a cruise in August on the Fantasy out of Mobile. I noticed she is having propulsion problems at the moment. Do you think this could be a long term issue? We could go out of NO but Mobile is closer. Just don't want it to get cancelled.

Hi there

They had some problems now, but they also said the fixed the problems. If the problems persist then they would have to find a more permanent solution but they will fix them. So, any other ship that doesn't have a problem today may have a problem tomorrow. Unfortunately that is the nature of machines.

Are you worried that your car may not work sometime in August? More likely, are you worried of the possibility of a hurricane, considering it's the middle of hurricane season?

Book your trip and enjoy it. If you are worried buy insurance.

have a great cruise

We were just looking at booking a cruise in August on the Fantasy out of Mobile. I noticed she is having propulsion problems at the moment. Do you think this could be a long term issue? We could go out of NO but Mobile is closer. Just don't want it to get cancelled.

She is an old clunker.

I missed this. What happened?

Fantasy experienced propulsion issues on it's last cruise and was unable to make Coz on the current cruise. Pax were offered 50% off current cruise, 50% off FC and $50 OBC on a cruise to nowhere that left out Thurs. However, they were able to fix the problem and made a special stop in Key West today. It's back to green flag racing. Those that disembarked Thurs night with a full refund are probably kicking themselves today, but who knew? LOL

I wouldn't worry too much about propulsion issues; but no more Fantasy-class for me. Just too old. Even with recent upgrades they show their age. The price would have to be substantially lower than other ships. For frame of reference though I have 4 Florida ports within driving distance so I don't need to factor in flying when looking at the bottom line.

Do you ask this question on a board filled with barely literate non experts with absolutely no access of any knowledge of any kind about the actual situation so you can lay blame at their feet if something goes wrong or do you honestly think the assembled hordes on CC can predict the engineering future of such a complex system of a cruise ship?

I wouldn't worry too much about propulsion issues; but no more Fantasy-class for me. Just too old. Even with recent upgrades they show their age. The price would have to be substantially lower than other ships. For frame of reference though I have 4 Florida ports within driving distance so I don't need to factor in flying when looking at the bottom line.

I was hesitant about booking on her, but for $229 each for a 5 day, I couldn't pass it up.

Do you ask this question on a board filled with barely literate non experts with absolutely no access of any knowledge of any kind about the actual situation so you can lay blame at their feet if something goes wrong or do you honestly think the assembled hordes on CC can predict the engineering future of such a complex system of a cruise ship?

Eat a snickers

She is an old clunker.

Not true. She is a smaller ship but still appeals to cruisers looking for a smaller ship. Staff works hard to make sure clients have a good time. Great ship in Carnival's Fantasy, Elation, Ecstary, Elation line. A bit older, but worth checking out.

You get the run on sentence of the day award. LOL

I was on-board for the cruise with the propulsion issues that departed on 4/13.

Honestly, I don't feel that I missed out on anything. While it's true that we didn't make it to Cozumel; speaking for myself, it was no great loss. Cozumel was just a place to go for me, an excuse to be on a cruise ship again. I had no excursions planned, though I likely would have gotten off and walked around a bit.

That said, the stop in Key West was an outstanding bonus for me, as I'd always wanted to go there but never had the chance. I basically got a free trip there to my way of thinking, since I was mostly on the boat for the cruise itself.

The service and staff were utterly fantastic. I mean not one, not even a small complaint. Both comedians were funny, all of the show talent were on-point, and the musicians were great. Special props to Brad from Toronto, the short-contract piano bar guy for the past couple weeks. I watched the ship's professional singers basically do Karaoke in the Piano Bar one night from 9'ish till midnight. An epic evening that culminated with me finding out that Carnival ship security will actually pack a blacked out passenger into a wheelchair and deliver them to their wife in the cabin at 2:30AM, if they lose motorfunction in the piano bar :D :D

I wouldn't hesitate to book on the Fantasy again. I did this trip with my 22 year old son, fresh home from the Navy, and we had a monumental good time on this ship.

I was on-board for the cruise with the propulsion issues that departed on 4/13.

Honestly, I don't feel that I missed out on anything. While it's true that we didn't make it to Cozumel; speaking for myself, it was no great loss. Cozumel was just a place to go for me, an excuse to be on a cruise ship again. I had no excursions planned, though I likely would have gotten off and walked around a bit.

That said, the stop in Key West was an outstanding bonus for me, as I'd always wanted to go there but never had the chance. I basically got a free trip there to my way of thinking, since I was mostly on the boat for the cruise itself.

The service and staff were utterly fantastic. I mean not one, not even a small complaint. Both comedians were funny, all of the show talent were on-point, and the musicians were great. Special props to Brad from Toronto, the short-contract piano bar guy for the past couple weeks. I watched the ship's professional singers basically do Karaoke in the Piano Bar one night from 9'ish till midnight. An epic evening that culminated with me finding out that Carnival ship security will actually pack a blacked out passenger into a wheelchair and deliver them to their wife in the cabin at 2:30AM, if they lose motorfunction in the piano bar :D :D

I wouldn't hesitate to book on the Fantasy again. I did this trip with my 22 year old son, fresh home from the Navy, and we had a monumental good time on this ship.

That's the best first post I've read. It's good to know security will safely deliver incapacitated passengers to their staterooms.

Happy sailing.

It was being with your kid on a cruise that made it utterly fantastic, and don't ever forget it. This coming from a Grammy that cruised with her now air force kid from age 9-19! And no I'll never forget all those CCL cruise days!

Book the Fantasy! I was on the sailing with propulsion issues and we had a great cruise. This was my 10th cruise and I went on Dream and Magic last year. I had just as much if not more fun on the Fantasy. She is not a clunker and I actually liked the smaller ship because it was less crowded feeling and not as hard to find your way around. The ship is in great shape and I did not find it to be outdated. The staff was amazing and the cruise director is the first one that actually entertained the whole cruise. His name is Mikey and he was everywhere. He did 70s sing along on the 2nd night and 80s one on the last night in the atrium bar! It's not to be missed, we had so much fun. The serenity is in the back and not windy like the newer ships. Waterworks is also in the back with plenty of chairs for parents to lounge while the kiddos are playing. I was happy with the credits we got and key west was an added bonus. I feel like we hit the jackpot on that cruise. I am looking at booking her again in august. I have sailed her twice and triumph twice and I prefer the Fantasy over triumph. I am going to do a review of the cruise if you want to check it out. Going to try and start in it tonight or tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app