Live-ish from Liberty 4/16-4/23

So on port days the slides are pretty much closed all day?

I had that brief period of time today when everyone was off the boat and wifi worked well, but by this afternoon it was all over and I assume the rest of my photos will have to wait until then...

One of my photos is the weekly schedule for this itinerary...short summary, slides are closed 11-3 for Roatan and Belize and 11-4 for Cozumel....after those hours - they re-open for 3 hours...Sea Days everything is 9-5...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang sorry it didn't work for him. The only contact I have with the slide are my heel and shoulders. I must have a lot more mass:D that helps me out.

I do wonder if mass has something to do with it. (I have plenty but he may not!). I know that I felt that my bathing suit (they are shorts) is slowing me down/sticking so the idea of limiting the surface area to be friction free seems like it would work.

One of my photos is the weekly schedule for this itinerary...short summary, slides are closed 11-3 for Roatan and Belize and 11-4 for Cozumel....after those hours - they re-open for 3 hours...Sea Days everything is 9-5...

Well that's pretty crappy. On NCL, they are open the whole time, makes staying on the ship that much better.

Great review! I am going in August and my husband and I are taking our three kids, their spouses and grandchildren! We are so excited! I hope the kids have a good time! I honestly cannot wait! This will be our third time on Liberty!

Edited by Wanna Be Retired
mispelled word

On Day 2 and Day 3, they had a delicious dish in the WJ for lunch - it was with shrimp on Day 2 and Day 3 with chicken..

It was DELISH!

5306878cadfdaa698653d6acfdb49039.jpg

that kinda looks like yakisoba. Not sure from the picture, but was the sauce redish colored?

that kinda looks like yakisoba. Not sure from the picture, but was the sauce redish colored?

It was thin spaghetti with an olive oil, red pepper flake and maybe some garlic sauce, tossed with shrimp/chicken. I think the red coloring is the combo of the heat lamps reflecting on the shrimp. Definitely was not yakisoba noodles.

Is that the track on the pic with the chairs? I hope not, can't see that working very well trying to run through sunbathers, and I guess empty chair hog habitats?

Yes, that is the track. It's on Deck 12 (Pool and most chair hogs are on Deck 11). Because of the heat, I think most runners are using it early in the morning before those seats are being fully used. Runners on the left, walkers on the right..seems to work out.

10:30 on Day 6...it's VERY empty...

b6cef50606cd42b5da4dbdeec2e77266.jpg

Haha, I'm on the Allure right now and this morning I didn't realize you guys had pulled up next to us.. or maybe we pulled up next to you. I was wearing basically just my knickers as I threw open the drapes and right in front of me not 20 feet away was your ship's cantilevered hot tubs. Thank goodness no one was looking into my cabin.

I then went up to Windjammer for breakfast and admired the view of your pool and track deck.

I really enjoyed the Liberty horn send off as you guys were leaving. I waved to all the people on your ship as you were casting off but no no one waved back :(

Yes, that is the track. It's on Deck 12 (Pool and most chair hogs are on Deck 11). Because of the heat, I think most runners are using it early in the morning before those seats are being fully used. Runners on the left, walkers on the right..seems to work out.

o

Ohh no, I am an evening runner. Heat doesn't bother me, I run in the evening in August Houston weather.

I am seeing more and more that I will need to be a morning person on this cruise.

o

Ohh no, I am an evening runner. Heat doesn't bother me, I run in the evening in August Houston weather.

I am seeing more and more that I will need to be a morning person on this cruise.

Evening should be fine. On past cruises it seems to start clearing out around 5.

The ships are crazy close together on the pier in Cozumel! Any chance your room is in the picture I posted? I swore we could have started a football toss between the ships!

My kids were totally mesmerized by all of the suites on Allure - they counted hot tubs and dining tables in amazement for a while! I had to break the news to them that if I was paying they are probably stuck in adjoining balconies - or worse - adjoining oceanview/insides! But I did also promise that when they were teenagers, we would go on one of the bigger ships, but for now - voyager and freedom class ships provide them ample entertainment and some ship roaming privileges (pizza, mini golf, basketball court, kids club..) that they might not get on a ship as big as Allure until they were older.

o

I agree - after 5 most days will be fine as well. Once folks start heading to early dinner you are all set.

For the water slides, body mass does not matter. My husband is a lot heavier than I am and we raced . . . We both had to do some paddling to keep up momentum. Tidal wave is another story entirely. . . .more weight= faster ride and higher climb. I almost touched the top!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

For the water slides, body mass does not matter. My husband is a lot heavier than I am and we raced . . . We both had to do some paddling to keep up momentum.

Don't know why a lot of people have problems with the slides but I guess people can say the same thing about me on the stand up flowrider. :p You also have to launch yourself at the start using the handle on the inside top of the slide.

But in three weeks I am going to try again. Can't wait!

Getting off the ship has been hard today....our sailing this week had Belize and Roatan as stops and has over 800 Mexicans on board so border patrol / immigration is really backed up. At about 9:45, they finally called Numbers 4/5/6/7/8. We are in the middle of the pack at #19 out of 34.

On Day 7, they offered kids cupcake classes again. The 12:30 session was the same as what we did on Day 2 (and was also available on Day 3), and then the 2:00 session was a Dreamworks Character session.

They made Shrek, Fiona, and Panda. I would say that some aspects of this class were a bit more advanced than the first class but my daughter loved learning the techniques for making the teeth and braids with the toothpick!

fa0f7a815b0bf7efcc65d98e7242bfc2.jpg