Live-ish from Liberty 4/16-4/23

The trick is to cross your legs, put your weight on your heels and shoulders and lift your backside off the slide. Good luck.

I'm passing this in to my son! Will let you know if it works for him!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just back from a fantastic day in Roatan.

We did the private tour with Victor Bodden and added on zipline, monkeys, and a stop at the west end beach.

Our driver Lionel, zip team Kevin and Erdin, and Monkey guide Victor were all fantastic. I couldn't believe how great they were on the zip lines with my 6 year old and me (the chicken of the group).

They have a photographer take photos of you as you zip. We are a family of 4 and there are atleast 35 photos taken (probably 15 good ones). The CD was $25 cash.

Make sure you have money without rips and tears as the bank is very picky here.

Also - no idea if we tipped a fair amount - but make sure you have tip money for all folks mentioned above. We were gone for 3-4 hours - tipped our driver $40, each zip person $10, and $5 for the monkey guide.

The West End beach was very nice. We had no need to go to West Bay beach this trip. The beach was very nice sand and the water very clear. Lots of scuba trips leaving from the beach. There are many venders of trinkets and massages and braids so have cash if you want them or be ready to say no.

FINALLY! I paid for data in Roatan ...after 10 tries I have finally got these 2 photos uploaded...hopefully I can get a few more before we leave!

Day 2 - formal night dining room

58d7e5063be22f34830d9acafd225642.jpg

Day 2 - Kids Cupcake class

2162a9ae8991a2d654197e5774c2ea7e.jpg

Day 4...MDR Menu is Pimiento.

We tried several things and everyone seemed happy..

- Arancini, caprese salad, strawberry bisque, lasagna, chicken marsala, and my kids stand-bys - ceasar salad, strip steak, and grilled chicken.

Desert - we had a banana split, the bread putting the BBB Creme Brûlée, and the Strawberry desert. The Strawberry desert was a HUGE stand out - as was the strawberry ice cream in the banana split. HIGHLY recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A few things...at 9:00am, there were NO treadmills or bikes available in the Gym....we ended up walking on the track for 45 minutes instead! Not a big deal but tomorrow I will make sure to bring sunglasses just in case it happens again!

We are now out on the sports court - all 3 water slides are open and its stand up surfing.

My son said the Tidal Wave slide was great - but make sure to show up with 2 people that are both 75lbs each, atleast 52" tall and a total weight of 200lbs minimum. We waited around a bit to find another rider that could join my son.

The crew running stand up at the flow rider is awesome - really doing a great job of teaching first timers!

M&M is in 25 minutes. Will be interesting to see the turn out (I think we have over 75 registered) and the ship interaction!

How was the track? I am afraid of treadmills.

what are the lines like for the tidalwave?

How was the track? I am afraid of treadmills.

what are the lines like for the tidalwave?

The track is okay - has a decent flow to it - we liked it better than Navigator. It still goes around the sun deck, so there is a lot of traffic. Most seem to understand walk on the right, run on the left but it's not perfect. And it's VERY hot.

BUT - I have switched to walking on Deck 4/5 instead. If you can deal with the stairs up/down from the helipad, there is more shade, more space, and less traffic.

The lines for Tidal Wave are totally manageable. They have about 8 rafts in circulation and I have not seen more than 3 pairs waiting for them (most of the time there is 0-1 person waiting). For our cruise - it's had fantastic operating hours and It's a great addition. I understand that some cruises it's not as good as ours, but for us - it's been great.

One other thing about the Tidal Wave - you really don't get that wet.

My favorite tidal wave tip - when the raft comes to a stop at the end and you have to get out, instead of 'walking' - SLIDE your feet forward to the end. It's VERY slippery to walk on and has a slant where we always seem to get dumped.

Sabor when I download the menu it shows items priced Ala cart can you check if it is a flat fee or al a cart and if it's a flat fee do you get several selections or is it a set menu ?

Thanks

It's only ala cart on the oasis class ships. It's flat fee on voyager and freedom class. We pre-purchased on the cruise planner for $15 pp.

Loving your review so far. WHere did you go to check on the First Night Done Right? Did they have anything in your room or was checking on it the only way you knew what you got? Did you end up with chops and did you have to do anything special to get it or is that what they initially selected?

What exactly is the "First Night Done Right Dinner"? How do you get it, is there a fee associated with it? Just curious as I've never heard of it before. Three more sleeps and we will be boarding!!! Can't get here quick enough.

What exactly is the "First Night Done Right Dinner"? How do you get it, is there a fee associated with it? Just curious as I've never heard of it before. Three more sleeps and we will be boarding!!! Can't get here quick enough.

Info on "First Night Done Right". Is available on your cruise planner. It isn't available on the ship. If you want to do it, do it today. You won't be able to get into your cruise planner after 3 days before the cruise. $15pp

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You mentioned strip steak in Giovanni's . Is the filet steak still on the menu or is strip steak all that is offered?

We have not eaten at Giovanni's. My daughter has had the strip steak in Chops Kids menu and my son in the MDR.

I am pretty sure the steak was on the Giovanni's menu when I looked - I will confirm and take photos before I leave of the menu.

Another quick question. Did you reserve shows before you got on the ship? Being on Oasis and Harmony most recently we did. We cruise next month and nothing comes up. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

No pre-cruise show reservations for Liberty.

You mentioned strip steak in Giovanni's . Is the filet steak still on the menu or is strip steak all that is offered?

We have not eaten at Giovanni's. My daughter has had the strip steak in Chops Kids menu and my son in the MDR.

I am pretty sure the steak was on the Giovanni's menu when I looked - I will confirm and take photos before I leave of the menu.

We are sailing on Liberty on 4/30. I'm loving your report and am so excited to hear the details about the Tidal Wave. We sailed about a month after it was added to the ship, but it wasn't in operation at that time. Can't wait to try it out! Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks for your great review!

We will be sailing at the end of May. Can you tell me if the Trolls were anywhere to be found? I've heard they are on some of the Oasis Class ships.

Thank you!

I have a 6 year old who LOVES Trolls so I have been looking but have not seen anything trolls here..hopefully some day! The current dream works characters are not really known by my daughter - they are a little 'out dated'...

Another quick question. Did you reserve shows before you got on the ship? Being on Oasis and Harmony most recently we did. We cruise next month and nothing comes up. Thanks in advance for helping me out.

As Bob said - no reservations are needed. We have found that we can walk in to shows/activities even 5 minutes after start time and still get a seat. The only event that was standing room that I saw was Battle of the Sexes - but it's in the smaller Star Lounge.

The shows have been 'comfortably full' - definitely not empty, but we have been able to find seats if we are not picky pretty close to show time.

Wow that is disappointing about the Lobster Bisque, RCCLS soup and bisques were always standouts back in the day, we never missed any of those, She Crab Soup, Lobster Bisque, Garlic Soup and Potato Jalapeno my favorites! I'll be checking that out soon.

I just wanted to clarify - all of the soups and bisque see have had were very good, but living in New England, I am used to a VERY creamy thick pink Lobster Bisque. This was not as thick and more orange-ish. It was still good, just not what I get at home.

Day 4 after dinner...

There was 7:30pm Michael Jackson Trivia which was fun...a few Jackson 5 hits thrown in to make it a bit challenging, but the pseudo Karaoke session that broke out at the end as we went thru the answers was fun. I wish I could remember the cruise director staff member that hosted this trivia session's name - but he was a lot of fun. (He also lead the 'Miss Liberty' group around Studio B during quest with fantastic pink heels - his personality is perfect for this job.

My kids have no interest in meeting dream works characters - but I decided to surprise them and grabbed a photo with Shrek and we hung around on the promenade for a while. It was Caribbean Party night and there were fruity drink stations with pineapple and coconut drinks etc.,

We had a very early ship departure planned so no late night for us!

Next stop - Belize!!