Live-ish from Liberty 4/16-4/23

Menu -Day 6 (Lobster Night!)

We had 3 Prime Ribs and 1 Lobster between us and they were all fantastic. The Lobster Tails were bigger than I expected from reading here and very tasty (butter probably helps here!!)

For desert the white chocolate mouse dish is EXCELLENT. DO NOT MISS IT!

2dee099aa4e555353992506e5ff1214d.jpg

0a91afb12c7a3103406b3ce508336fef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day 7 - Pomodoro Menu

No menu photo...but it did have the lamb shank on it.

The Scallop Appetizer, French Onion Soup, Sliders, and Frozen Strawberry Desert were all very good. Fish Combo and Turkey Dinner were okay..

In general - if there is anything strawberry on the desert menu - it's going to be one of the better ones. Our waiter seemed to say that this was true too!

**wanted to add that there WERE Lobster Tails in the WJ for dinner this night!

bfe284e9ff8d3007491d3b387e1fd9ac.jpg

Edited by Cel_cruise

Wanted to add that there WERE lobster tails in the Windjammer on Saturday night. They were sliced in half lengthwise. Also a huge pan of sautéed shrimp (not fried). This was the first time we'd seen Lobster in the WJ.

Departure Update...Tag 14 of 34 is the last tag called so far..it's 10:24am...

Just to update...10:39 they called tags 15-19. We grabbed a porter but because of the huge amount of non-US Citizens on board, the porter only lines were not in use. [There were over 800 Mexicans on this cruise - they even did all of the captains addresses in Spanish after English].

It took us until 11:32 to get outside to the shuttle line! We are heading to our Houston Hotel now (Springhill Suites near Hobby) for one final day before heading home!

Earlier someone asked my thoughts on CD Jeff .

After reading reviews here I was definitely prepared for the worst - but I actually thought he did really well.

We saw him at several shows, pool activities (belly flop and volleyball), captains corner, tender loading, quest, 70s night, and disembarkation. His video of what to expect at disembarkation was also very helpful - I wish everyone would have watched it!!!

He was never inappropriate (he never said anything like 'don't go to belize if you are not on an RCI tour which I had read happened before). He made us laugh several times - he does have a bit of a dry sense of humor, and obviously has been doing this for a LONG time, so it's hard to shock him.

We thought his belly flop competition was excellent. We wished we taped it!

Our Activity Manager was Trish. She was okay. Because of the demographics on our cruise (definitely younger than most!), she ran a woman's cannonball competition on the last sea day. Obviously it's not something that happens each week but she was just not as entertaining as Jeff was. She also hosted our meet n mingle - and while there were some funny moments (she was inspired by a sexy leg competition clearly!) but she didn't really get anyone mingling.

A cruise director doesn't make or break our cruise. But without a doubt I can say that Jeff did make some aspects more enjoyable and our expectations were definitely met.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our staterooms...

We had adjoining rooms 7650 and 7652. These are the 2 rooms immediately behind the hump.

Our awesome stateroom attendant Chrisopher got the balcony door and adjoining doors unlocked for us just after muster drill and it was great to have 2 rooms!

This is what the balcony was like with the door opened. My son also figured out a way to 'make' a lounger by folding one of the chairs flat.

5ad4e7a698e9989888e86f7fc882a1b4.jpg

Christopher from Jamaica made us towel animals every night in both rooms. He was awesome on all fronts - I would love to have him on every cruise we ever took!

03b13fc690ef987bafafde5f55a1691e.jpg

Thanks so much for the play by play review. We're sailing Liberty the end of May with kids and grand girls in tow. I'm thinking we might spring for the cupcake class for the girls. They're 6-13 and it will be everyone else's first cruise. Also thinking we need to do the mixology class. The R Bar was our hangout on our first cruise on Navigator. We have the drink package but kids are on their own.

Can you tell me if there is a restaurant/buffet by the pool? On allure they had a very small little place by the pool but it was so convenient for when we were hanging out at the poll and avoiding the other crowds. Thanks!

Closest is Windjammer.

Thanks so much for the play by play review. We're sailing Liberty the end of May with kids and grand girls in tow. I'm thinking we might spring for the cupcake class for the girls. They're 6-13 and it will be everyone else's first cruise. Also thinking we need to do the mixology class. The R Bar was our hangout on our first cruise on Navigator. We have the drink package but kids are on their own.

We did not do the cupcake class on Liberty but they were always full and the kids loved them....sign up early! We didn't do the mixology class last cruise and saw a couple we met who were on their second round of the class...great drinks and lots of fun. Looking forward to it this time!

Can you tell me if there is a restaurant/buffet by the pool? On allure they had a very small little place by the pool but it was so convenient for when we were hanging out at the poll and avoiding the other crowds. Thanks!

As Bob said, closest is the WJ..BUT - the WJ is pretty close on this class of ship!! It would only take 10-12 minutes to walk to the WJ, get a plate, get food, and walk back to your chair. I imagine it's a lot closer than the WJ on the Allure!

The did sell Sabor Chips/Guac at the pool one day. I think it was $8.

Quick question about Tidal Wave ride. Was there a weight minimum? And if so was it strictly enforced? Wondering for kids.

Yes! There were strict restrictions and they were VERY strongly enforced.

The rules are:

- each rider must be 52" tall.

- each rider must weigh at least 75lbs

- two riders must walk up together to go on the ride and must be at least 200lbs

There are upper weight limits for each individual and for the total raft but I can't remember what they are and can't seem to find a photo (how could that be??).

They have a GIANT scale and they weigh EVERYONE and EVERY Combo.

The next few posts will have the kids compasses from our trip. My kids were not as thrilled with the kids club on Liberty as they were on Navigator. The staff just wasn't AS engaging and they missed some of the adventures that they had on Navigator (pirate night didn't have a performance, there wasn't a kids sports night at the basketball court, or an outdoor scavenger hunt).

Let's start with the Teen Compasses and then go to the younger kids...

Teens 15-17year olds...

6fcb1d85e6b9b3c2562a97fa7d938c9f.jpg2b0de2b4a2eb25facbc17ca97beca188.jpg8bf310085bee2130c63c0cd37ca3e281.jpg

Teen 12-14 year olds:

1b6a6c9b89c2c028fbe4b37b1a795dfe.jpg

2194e960294755070a7699528611879a.jpg

751fdfa127f141e92e23647d999245a4.jpg