Special In cabin dinner

Hi. I'm going on a 11 day cruise with the hubby and am thinking of doing something as a surprise like a special romantic dinner in my cabin or on our balcony if weather permits. It's been a while since we've been on RC for a cruise so I'm not sure what I can request. I think I can order food from Main dining room as well as what's on the room service menu. Is this correct? Also can I request that my cabin steward get it set up for us or do I have to do this myself?

Have any of you done something like this that you can share with me?

Thanks for any help or info you can provide.

If you are in a GS or above, you can order from the MDR menu. Otherwise, no. If you are in an OS or above, you will have an actual table to eat on. Otherwise it would be quite difficult as you would have to eat off the small balcony table or the coffee table. You would arrange this yourself via room service.

Guess it's Holland America that you can order off Main Dining room for room service. We're not in a suite and I'm aware of the room service fee and the size of the tables. I'll figure something out. Thanks for the info.

How about a nice dinner at Chops or Giovanni's?

Clarea is right you can have a nice table for two a nice dinner together and then you can bring back a bottle of wine to the room if you like.

They will wrap up dessert too, and maybe enjoy that on the balcony.

Unless you're in a suite, there is no dining table in standard or JS cabins. So, it's awfully hard to eat comfortably, unless it's just "snack/finger" foods.

It's not like Princess, where they will bring a table, and tablecloth and deliver course by course.

One of those bed trays should fit flat in your suitcase. Pack a pretty placemat, maybe quality fake flowers.

Maybe you can send DH off for half hour or so, set up yourself from the Windjammer, just be careful of food items because they will get cold.

Just be creative.

Have a great cruise!:champagne-toast:<3

We do eat out quite a bit when home so eating in a nice restaurant is fun but not necessarily special (though it can be!). I'm sure we'll be heading to a couple of the specialty restaurants just because.

Having a quiet cabin, decorated a bit, nice music and (if weather and waves cooperate) eating outside is my idea of a romantic meal. We are in an aft cabin with a spacious balcony, I think I can make it work. We'll see. Thanks to everyone for their input. I appreciate it.