The (unexpected) Suite Life on Regal Princess

Tot!

Hello all,

Previous RCI and Celebrity cruiser. First time on Princess next month: Baltic cruise on the Regal Princess. Excited for the itinerary! Bought a mini-suite guarantee, just found out the cabin assignment... a penthouse SUITE!

(Thank you thank you thank you upgrade fairy :hearteyes:!)

Have some questions, would greatly appreciate any answers:

1. Is there a chance that Princess will change my room assignment again, as we bought a guarantee mini-suite? Of course we'd love to keep this room assignment ;p

2. I've read of many suite perks such as free specialty dinner on first night, free minibar setup, free laundry etc etc. Do we get them automatically if we got upgraded from a mini-suite?

3. We don't drink alcohol much. Is it still possible to exchange the free minibar for coffee cards?

4. Regarding dining, is the specialty breakfast worth going to? Club Class dinner sounds nice as there won't be any wait.

5. Any suggestions on other suite perks that we might have missed?

Thanks very much for your help. Fingers crossed that they don't change the room assignment!

Hello all,

Previous RCI and Celebrity cruiser. First time on Princess next month: Baltic cruise on the Regal Princess. Excited for the itinerary! Bought a mini-suite guarantee, just found out the cabin assignment... a penthouse SUITE!

(Thank you thank you thank you upgrade fairy :hearteyes:!)

Have some questions, would greatly appreciate any answers:

1. Is there a chance that Princess will change my room assignment again, as we bought a guarantee mini-suite? Of course we'd love to keep this room assignment ;p

Have not heard of someone being bumped back down unless they accepted an offer of some kind.

2. I've read of many suite perks such as free specialty dinner on first night, free minibar setup, free laundry etc etc. Do we get them automatically if we got upgraded from a mini-suite?

You get all the normal suite stuff.

3. We don't drink alcohol much. Is it still possible to exchange the free minibar for coffee cards?

Thats a good question if one is not Elite. I don't know.

4. Regarding dining, is the specialty breakfast worth going to? Club Class dinner sounds nice as there won't be any wait.

The breakfast is one of the best perks.

5. Any suggestions on other suite perks that we might have missed?

You can order off the DR menu's to be served in your suite. Be aware they bring them (orders) all at once.

Thanks very much for your help. Fingers crossed that they don't change the room assignment!

They won't change the room.

Did you get a free upgrade or an upsell?

Congratulations, what a sweet suite introduction to Princess!! ENJOY every minute and every perk!!

With free laundry, you don't have to pack as much........we've never had a suite but as elite we get free laundry. We were on Regal over Christmas, and the laundry turnaround was pretty quick (send out one day, get back late next day on average).

Nice one :) The speciality breakfast in Sabattini's is superb, starting with the Mimosa champagne (you say you don't drink so much, but it does perk your day up!), and a nice A La Carte freshly prepared breakfast. It is quite personal and the staff will get to know your preferences as they days go by, and it is good fun, less crowded and you can eat more or less what you want.

You can swap your mini bar set up for coffee cards, or soda's or just a bottle of wine instead.

Laundry is good, and as a suite guest it is prioritised, so you generally get it back the next day. Priority boarding is handy, CC dining is outstanding, the upgraded amenities in room are a bonus, and all in all, I think you will have an amazing time in an amazing room! Enjoy.

Full suites usually get two cruise credits but since you didn't book a suite you might not get the second credit. We only received one when we got an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Some additional info.

There will be a letter in your cabin listing all of the Full Suite perks and you will get them with your upgrade.

There is a Concierge Lounge on the Regal for the exclusive use of full suite passengers. There will be snacks and beverages (but no alcohol). Staff will be there to assist you with reservations, etc. We haven't sailed in a suite on the Royal or Regal so have no details.

You should be able to trade your mini-bar for two coffee cards but we have only done this when we were Elite in a full suite and qualified for two mini-bars. We keep one mini-bar and trade for two coffee cards.

We have not experienced Club Class breakfast, but at least one difference is is that Specialty Dining breakfast (formally Breakfast at Sabatini's) includes complementary mimosas or champagne and specialty coffee drinks. Our DD likes vanilla soy lattes and she will often gave two. They will prepare almost anything you ask for for breakfast. There is no waiting, the staff is very attentive and it is a wonderful way to start your day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Full suites usually get two cruise credits but since you didn't book a suite you might not get the second credit. We only received one when we got an upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't believe they will get two credits because it was a free upgrade, not an upsell. We have received two credit for upsells.

Some additional info.

There will be a letter in your cabin listing all of the Full Suite perks and you will get them with your upgrade.

There is a Concierge Lounge on the Regal for the exclusive use of full suite passengers. There will be snacks and beverages (but no alcohol). Staff will be there to assist you with reservations, etc. We haven't sailed in a suite on the Royal or Regal so have no details.

You should be able to trade your mini-bar for two coffee cards but we have only done this when we were Elite in a full suite and qualified for two mini-bars. We keep one mini-bar and trade for two coffee cards.

We have not experienced Club Class breakfast, but at least one difference is is that Specialty Dining breakfast (formally Breakfast at Sabatini's) includes complementary mimosas or champagne and specialty coffee drinks. Our DD likes vanilla soy lattes and she will often gave two. They will prepare almost anything you ask for for breakfast. There is no waiting, the staff is very attentive and it is a wonderful way to start your day.

Good point! The Concierge there (Michael) was outstanding and couldn't do enough for us. He managed to get all our waitlisted tours sorted, get us on the Chefs table dinner experience, spa treatments plus sort out some other queries too.

It is a relaxing medium sized lounge with comfy arm chairs, TV, premium coffee machine, snacks variable on the time of day (great if you have an early start and want to pop down for a quick coffee and pastry for your room, and it saves going down 10 floors to the piazza!), and it is open by key card 24/7, with 'Michael' there usually during office hours.

It is a great bonus for full suite guests, and it is a shame it is only on the Royal and Regal, but I guess space dictates on other ships. Be sure to visit!

To my knowledge, if put out before 9.00am Suite Laundry is same day. Make sure you write Suite on the docket. Check with your steward about what time it should be lodged-I was a Blue Card cruiser on the Golden Princess so I know about the laundry.

Also try the Platinum/Elite/Suite function at least once. I missed the 1st day-embarkation-and unfortunately looked out the window at the function, we were in Bass Strait which was being a little rough, and I started to feel a bit queasy. Finished my nice focaccia and smoked salmon and returned to the lower deck before I disgraced myself by being seasick! I sailed in Australia so not sure if there was a designated Drink of the Day or Snack of the Day, everything was new and exciting to me!

Breakfast at Sabatini's was great! Their scrambled eggs were yummy! With a history of travel sickness I didn't dare risk a mimosa (worse luck) but managed ok and will try 1 in October 2018. Bursting to get to the TA and book my next cruise, have to wait another 7 or 8 days, will go in today and double-check with her.

Enjoy those Suite Perks!

Best perk of a suite: Breakfast at Sabatini's. Menu is small, but use your imaginations and go off the menu. They will try everything to accommodate you.

2nd best perk of a suite: Same-day laundry. We used it 3 times on a 7-nights cruise, including the last sea day before disembarkation. Just make sure your laundry bag is picked by 9am or the night before.

First of all, thank you all very much for the detailed information!

To answer, this was a free upgrade and not an upsell; wasn't contacted in advance, no extra payment given, and completely unexpected. I would compare this to being suddenly upgraded on a flight... but it's MUCH better because a flight only lasts half a day, and this cruise lasts more than a week! I wonder if being first-time Princess cruisers had anything to do with it...

Follow up question:

6. Specialty Breakfast. Several people have said that this is the best suite perk there is (but I can't imagine how this tops free laundry!) and that off-menu options are available. Any suggestions regarding off-menu items?

Thanks again!

Follow up question:

6. Specialty Breakfast. Several people have said that this is the best suite perk there is (but I can't imagine how this tops free laundry!) and that off-menu options are available. Any suggestions regarding off-menu items?

I've heard people asking for corned beef hash and steak & eggs, both are not on the Sabatini's breakfast menu. Steak will need advanced (previous day) notice. For us, we were simple: grilled tomatoes. Rest of our orders were just customization of menu items like smoke salmon instead of ham on the eggs benedict, or just a side of smoked salmon, without the bagel, to go with poached eggs and waffles.

When you go, definitely try the special poached eggs.

Link to pics from Breakfast at Sabatini's: https://www.flickr.com/gp/154091257@N06/5zJ352

Edited by Selion

First of all, thank you all very much for the detailed information!

To answer, this was a free upgrade and not an upsell; wasn't contacted in advance, no extra payment given, and completely unexpected. I would compare this to being suddenly upgraded on a flight... but it's MUCH better because a flight only lasts half a day, and this cruise lasts more than a week! I wonder if being first-time Princess cruisers had anything to do with it...

Follow up question:

Thanks again!

I have to say I have seen many first time Princess cruisers receive this free suite upgrade.

They hook you and reel you in. ;p

For regular Princess cruisers not so much. :(

Suite breakfast for me, steak and eggs!

Congrats that the upgrade fairy waived her magic wand for you. You will enjoy the "suite" life.

Will be nice to hear how you enjoy the Suite on the new Regal when you return. We have been in suites on the Sapphire, Golden, Star and Coral, all on the Caribe deck, and enjoyed their 9 foot, partially covered balconies. I hear that the balconies on the new Regal are only 4 feet, even for the full suites.

Make the most of you cruise and the perks that come with a full suite.

Paul

Here is a link to "The Princess Suite Experience" web page. It tells all. Follow the link to the full suite benefits PDF near the top of the page. I printed it out to take with me so I wouldn't forget stuff.

One thing you should note is that you do not get a pass to the enclave on the Regal/Royal and they do not have a Lotus Spa Thermal Suite.

Enjoy, I am jealous.

Here is a link to "The Princess Suite Experience" web page. It tells all. Follow the link to the full suite benefits PDF near the top of the page. I printed it out to take with me so I wouldn't forget stuff.

One thing you should note is that you do not get a pass to the enclave on the Regal/Royal and they do not have a Lotus Spa Thermal Suite.

Enjoy, I am jealous.

Because the Regal has on demand programming, there are no DVD/CD players in the full suites on the Regal (and the Royal and presumably the Majestic).