Traveling with a vegetarian

Charlie1422

We are a vegetarian family (kids are currently 13 & 11 years old) and have been on 10+ cruises in the past 7 years and have definitely had plenty of options. :)

If you are on a ship with the 2.0 upgrades your granddaughter will likely love Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana (both on Lido deck by pool). The burger place you just ask for a veggie burger and they will make one on the inside grill for you and tell you to come back in 5-10 minutes. My kids got at least one veggie burger a day and usually visited Blue Iguana for a veggie burrito twice a day.:')

In the MDR there is always at least one vegetarian option. My son almost always opts for pizza or plain pasta though. My daughter loves the Caesar salad in the MDR and will often ask for a larger size as her entree.

She will love it!

We are a vegetarian family (kids are currently 13 & 11 years old) and have been on 10+ cruises in the past 7 years and have definitely had plenty of options. :)

If you are on a ship with the 2.0 upgrades your granddaughter will likely love Guys Burgers and Blue Iguana (both on Lido deck by pool). The burger place you just ask for a veggie burger and they will make one on the inside grill for you and tell you to come back in 5-10 minutes. My kids got at least one veggie burger a day and usually visited Blue Iguana for a veggie burrito twice a day.:')

In the MDR there is always at least one vegetarian option. My son almost always opts for pizza or plain pasta though. My daughter loves the Caesar salad in the MDR and will often ask for a larger size as her entree.

She will love it!

Thanks so much. My mind is releaved.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

We are a vegetarian family

She will love it!

Is your daughter aware that the dressing on Caesar Salad is made with anchovie paste?

The Indian vegetarian option in the MDR is great but be aware that at least on our cruise it was an option every night so maybe don't do what we did and rush to order it over a different dish the first dinner.

We learned that the Indian vegetarian is available every night, but the dishes change

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We will be traveling with our granddaughter who is a vegetarian. Do we need to contact Carnival or are there ample options available on the menu?

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

We have sailed on three cruises since my daughter became a vegetarian. There are plenty of options! There are soups and salads, pizzas, Italian, Mexican, vegetarian only dishes, etc. If she doesn't find a main course or appetizer that she likes, she could simply order several sides of vegetables to be delivered to the table. My daughter never had a problem. Have fun!

We learned that the Indian vegetarian is available every night, but the dishes change

If she orders the Indian Vegetarian Dinner, keep in mind:

It is very good and very authentic (most of the chefs are from India)

Most people, not me as I'm Indian, find this quite a bit on the spicy side. As they have probably made a decent sized batch of the dishes, I don't know if they can tone it down.

If she orders the Indian Vegetarian Dinner, keep in mind:

It is very good and very authentic (most of the chefs are from India)

Most people, not me as I'm Indian, find this quite a bit on the spicy side. As they have probably made a decent sized batch of the dishes, I don't know if they can tone it down.

That's why they serve the riata and rice. I always ask for a second helping of rice.

On

Some ships (Splendor and a few others) there is a Tandoor open at lunch. Some meat but mainly vegetarian.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's great to know!