If you like to workout daily, what do you do for clean clothes?

drmmarv007

My fiancee and I will be on the NOS Dec 3. We are both new to cruising. I have been on one cruise, she has not been on one. I found this web site about two months ago and have read many helpful threads and have even had a good laugh from a few. I commend you all for being quite helpful. Both of us like to workout daily. We are trying to pack accordingly, but are wondering what you all do for clean workout clothes. Yes, we have our Woolite to do a few small things in the sink, but we both did not want to pack to much in the way of clothes to work out in. We did not want to wash them all in the sink either.

This has always been an issue for me. RCI has great gym facilities aboard the ships but the clothes issue is a problem. My brother washes stuff out in the sink. I end up just taking the week off. I don't like having sweaty clothes around and I'm not about to be washing stuff in the sink every day. It is too bad that RCI doesn't have self service washers on the ships like Princess does.

No matter what anyone else here says, having RCI wash your clothes is far from reasonably priced... and that is my opinion.

My husband runs 4 miles a day in the fitness center, and always take his clothes into the shower with him, washes them thoroughly and hangs them to dry (there is a retractable clothesline in the shower) - if you have a balcony, even better - bring along a few clothespins (or binder clips), and lay them on the backs of your balcony chairs - if it's particularly breezy, just hold them in place with a clip. The warm caribbean air will dry them very nicely.

Tip: Using a shampoo with conditioner works as well as laundry detergent.

You really could just bring two workout outfits this way - in case one is not dry, you have a back-up.

The laundry service on the ship is very reasonable as well. As an aside, for regular clothing, you can bring clean clothes and have them pressed only, not washed, for half the price of the regular cleaning. Your outfits will be delivered to your cabin freshly pressed, on hangers, and in plastic. So not to worry about packing wrinkles either.

Donna

When I have gone I only workout on sea days since I get a fair workout in port, swimming or hiking around. So that lessens the amount of workout clothes I have to bring. I wear bike shorts, sports bra and a tee shirt to work out in. I can usually go 2 days on the tee shirt and the other packs into a small area.

My dh also likes to workout daily....I'm not so disciplined.

On our upcoming cruise (7 nights + 3 days precruise) I have taken his workout shorts (real thin) along with a sleeveless workout shirt (also real thin) and matched up short to shirt and then folded and slipped them in a gallon ziplock bag - then I smushed all the air out and voila *** instant spacebag. Takes up soooo little room in suitcase. Now all the has to do is pull out a bag, socks and shoes and he's all set.

Also he can put them back in the ziplock to pack to come home - I dont do wash on vacation.

My husband ran ten miles or so almost every day. He brought one change of running clothes with him--a coolmax shirt, spandex compression shorts, nylon gym shorts, and lightweight Wrightsocks. I bought a trial size of laundry detergent, and he washed it all out in the sink and hung it in the shower to dry. One morning he had to help his socks along a bit with the blowdryer, but the rest was generally dry within a few hours.

Anne

I'm planning on using the jogging track and the facilities onboard the Legend, so I'll probably pack 2-3 different outfits and clean 'em as needed. I like the shower idea. Makes sense, and as long as they smell good, I suppose it doesn't matter if it was shampoo or laundry detergent. :D

Hey, I just had a thought! Yes, it's amazing, I know. What about using some of your shorts and tanks that you wore the day before? If you're like me, you won't wear an outfit twice, so why not put it on the next morning to work out in? I think I may do that!

My husband recycles; the t-shirt he wears to the pool one day goes to the gym to sweat in the next and then into the laundry.

I usually bring 3 outfits that I can mix and match.

We also wash clothes in the shower and they dry quickly on the balcony when we have one.

Here's a couple of things you can try....

Wear the same outfit more than once, just use lots of deodorant...:eek:

Wear the same outfit all week without washing it. You won't have to wait in line to use any of the equipment or eat in the Windjammer....:eek: :eek:

Bring some old clothes from home that you were considering throwing out. Wear them to work out and then toss them out. That leaves plenty of room in the suitcase for souvenirs....:D

You wouldn't have this problem if they would just let you work out naked.

Another advantage to that would be the trainers would know immediately where your problem areas are.:D sable

I think that might cause most of the trainers so suffer spontaneous blindness....:rolleyes:

You wouldn't have this problem if they would just let you work out naked.

Another advantage to that would be the trainers would know immediately where your problem areas are.:D sable

I think that might cause most of the trainers so suffer spontaneous blindness....:rolleyes:

I agree with Keksie . Dh and I love to work out on the ships because of the wonderful faciltys and views . We figure only the days at seas we will be utilizing the gym so I packed 4 workout outfits , yoga type pants and thin t-sjirts so it isn't much weight and fits well in the suitcase . DH will probally only bring two sets and wash them :) .

We are getting excited , only 5 days to go YIPPY !

Well, I posted this question last night and have had great responses. Of course a few of you made me chuckle. But, I love the ideas and they will be helpful. Thank you all!! If any of you are on the Navigator Dec 3, I will buy you a drink.

Well, I posted this question last night and have had great responses. Of course a few of you made me chuckle. But, I love the ideas and they will be helpful. Thank you all!! If any of you are on the Navigator Dec 3, I will buy you a drink.

With all of the wonderful advice, what did you finally decide to do? Inquiring minds want to know?

Archived