Onboard the Uniworld Joie DeVivre

JPH814

I have read on other threads that it doesn't have to be your room card -- any card that fits will work. Some people bring an expired credit card for this purpose.

I started bringing an old ships card on my travels now. Its just not ships that have this new energy saving feature (it still wastes far less energy than the rocket surgeons that leave their balcony doors open in an effort to air condition or heat the world).

Would an expired gift card work?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Pretty much anything near the size of a credit card would work. On the Regent Explorer I was able to trip the mechanism using the little paper guide to ranks (or was it mini ships map) that was folded into the room key holder. I just folded it over on itself to thicken it and it worked even though it didn't run the length of the slot.

My husband WAS able to work from the SS Antoinette, however not in our suite although it was the closest to the lounge where the server is. He went to the lounge where the internet was much stronger and had no problem sending and receiving in there. So basically, he wrote all his emails in our suite and then went to the lounge to send. It worked out fine - and he had some very large files he was sending.

I was able to work on the SS Antoinette also, and on Uniworld's SS Maria Theresa we were actually given WiFi hotspots to take with us on the land tours. It couldn't have been more convenient! We had full coverage via our T-mobile plan but it was great to have the even higher speeds offered via the Uniworld portable hotspots.

• 1 month later...
Most of my photos are on my camera. I Will upload them to my PC when I get home

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just wondering where the photos are from your JdV and River Royale threads, JPH814. I totally enjoyed "accompanying" you on both of these journeys. I tried to search for the pics, but if they're here, I'm looking with the wrong parameters, lol. I have my fingers crossed that they're posted and you can direct me to their location! Thanks for taking us along for the ride. :)

The tour guide we used was La Vigne du roy. You can checkout their website. (lavingeduroy.com). The website is pretty descriptive of the tours that are offered.

We did not do the Normandy beaches from Honfleur. We left Honfleur that afternoon and returned to Rouen. Our trip to the beaches the next day started and ended with a three hour bus ride from and back to Rouen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello JPH814. Enjoyed your commentary on this cruise. We are doing the Uniworld Paris Normandy Cruise Oct 22, 2017. We'll be in Paris for a couple of days prior and are very interested in the Champagne tour you described. If you wouldn't mind emailing me, I have several questions that I bet you could help me with:)

Thanks

pamela55@mac.com