Anthem - Formal Night?

Hmm... I thought I had read a few months ago that they had eliminated the formal nights on Anthem. Oh well.

No formal nights on Empress. When Anthem had Dynamic Dining, there were no shipwide formal nights. However, once Dynamic Dining had been discontinued, people reported that she went back to traditional formal nights.

Yes, it is the same as on other ships. Our observations on Anthem is that people dress a little better than they do on the other nights, but it isn't truly formal or even just "dressy". I wore slinky black pants with a dressy top, and then changed right after dinner into something more comfortable (capris and a cotton top)

On the nine night Bermuda and Caribbean cruises this summer, when will the formal nights be? I am guessing the first one will be night two, but not sure for the second one. Does anyone know?

Probably night 8.

On the nine night Bermuda and Caribbean cruises this summer, when will the formal nights be? I am guessing the first one will be night two, but not sure for the second one. Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

On our 9 night next summer they are Friday (day 2) and Tuesday (day 6).

Have fun!

super unhelpful faq. so what does formal mean. that i cannot wear my jeans to MDR or special restaurants?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

• Formal: Make it a night out in your best black-tie look – suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns. There can be 1-3 formal nights during a sailing and is at the ship’s discretion.

super unhelpful faq. so what does formal mean. that i cannot wear my jeans to MDR or special restaurants?

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

• Formal: Make it a night out in your best black-tie look – suits and ties, tuxedos, cocktail dresses or evening gowns. There can be 1-3 formal nights during a sailing and is at the ship’s discretion.

Dress suggestions are not enforced, wear whatever you want.