Chair fights at the pool

I'm with you there. No desire whatsoever to sit in the sun by the pool and roast. Probably why we liked the Solarium on Anthem so much. Pretty much a nice view from any seat.

Same here but sometimes we want a spot in the main pool area to the side with some shade when the activities are going on. Those are usually occupied or saved as well. We just grit our teeth and roll with it. For the most part we prefer the solarium area and the relative quiet.

There is a finite number of chairs directly by the pool....there are PLENTY of chairs within easy walking distance...why would anyone need to fight over a freaking chair???

Don't really have a stake in this fight as I can think of few things I'd rather do less than sit among a crowd of people and call it a vacation but did while on the Allure we noticed that during sea days there were few chairs to be had anywhere, sun, shade, deck 15 or 16. I'd guess about 60% were occupied, 30% "held" with no one around and maybe 10% available but mostly single chairs.

what has your experience been temp wise in there. i, too, do not like baking in the sun. booked anthem mostly for the solarium and two70 indoor places as well as what i see appear to be many other indoor 'free seating' places on board.

It was warm. Windows along the side slide open. Plus it's air conditioned by the bar. So you should have no trouble finding your comfort zone. The pools and hot tubs there are also very relaxing.

The Solarium is also where you'll find access to the outdoor observation decks on top of the bridge wings. We went there for sail out, as well as approach into Bermuda. Absolutely beautiful.

Hope you enjoy!

It was warm. Windows along the side slide open. Plus it's air conditioned by the bar. So you should have no trouble finding your comfort zone. The pools and hot tubs there are also very relaxing.

The Solarium is also where you'll find access to the outdoor observation decks on top of the bridge wings. We went there for sail out, as well as approach into Bermuda. Absolutely beautiful.

Hope you enjoy!

ive heard about the wings and they may be where i want to be. did you have any trouble making it from muster to there? was it packed?

I do agree with everyone that is of the opinion that if you're not picky, there are seats everywhere. But as pointed out a few times, those of us with kids that would like to swim in the pool, do need to be where we can actually keep an eye on them. When it was just my wife and I on the last cruise, it was frustrating that we actually did want to hang outside in the shade, but those were the one at a premium and there was nowhere to sit on sea days other than in the full sun. Just had to be inside instead.

ive heard about the wings and they may be where i want to be. did you have any trouble making it from muster to there? was it packed?

No, no trouble getting there. Were maybe a dozen people out on the port wing for sail out. Didn't feel crowded at all.