Just back 4/22 Summit

jakzak10

Blu was great and after trying it once I can't go back. Wait staff wine sommelier, maitre de all knew our names after day 1. Even though it is open seating the maitre d always tries to put you on the same area so you have the same wait staff every night. With the premium beverage package our wine glasses never went empty

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just returned today from the Summit, will work on a full report but if anyone has any questions please ask.

Alan

I do have a question. We are going on the Summit in June. I don't want to over pack nor take anything that's not needed at all. So given they give you a wide choice when it comes to the Chic night wear from formalish to dressy jeans what do you feel most people wore on those nights? Did most men wear a jacket with or w/o a tie? Did the women wear dresses? Can we get away with my husband in dress pants and a button down shirt (no tie) and myself dressy pants and dressy blouse without getting dirty looks?

Blu was great and after trying it once I can't go back. Wait staff wine sommelier, maitre de all knew our names after day 1. Even though it is open seating the maitre d always tries to put you on the same area so you have the same wait staff every night. With the premium beverage package our wine glasses never went empty

Perfect!

Can we get away with my husband in dress pants and a button down shirt (no tie) and myself dressy pants and dressy blouse without getting dirty looks?

I noticed the complete range of attire on the chic nights but didn't notice any dirty looks. It seemed to me that everybody had the "it's your vacation, wear what you want" attitude.

I do have a question. We are going on the Summit in June. I don't want to over pack nor take anything that's not needed at all. So given they give you a wide choice when it comes to the Chic night wear from formalish to dressy jeans what do you feel most people wore on those nights? Did most men wear a jacket with or w/o a tie? Did the women wear dresses? Can we get away with my husband in dress pants and a button down shirt (no tie) and myself dressy pants and dressy blouse without getting dirty looks?

We did Summit to Bermuda the last two years and what you propose is fine.

We were on this cruise too. Last October we took our first cruise. It was the repositioning of the Summit down to San Juan. Now we took her home to NJ. Last time in Aqua class, (room 9067). This time Balcony, (room 8159). Blu was nice last time, but we saw nothing wrong with the MDR at all. We were assigned table 456. It was a table for two, next to a window. The servers called us by name every night. Actually better service than Blu.

On the dress up nights, there were, maybe 5% of the people wearing suits, tuxes or jackets of some kind. It is unfortunate that the ship doesn't have a special area for them to eat. They looked a bit out of place with the rest of us.

Yes. Cabin. Tried staying in lifeboat but celebrity would not allow it. We were in aqua class cabin 9051.

Gonna have to send you my bill for having my laptop cleaned after spitting coffee all over the keyboard....:')