Equinox Brunch

szq5231

Are you referring to the large brunch with ice sculptures that was held in the MDR one sea day each cruise? If so that was eliminated a couple of years ago. They do have a special buffet on the Oceanview, believe it is the last sea day, with a some special items but not to the scale of the buffet that was in the MDR.

I always found this to be a very strange idea,

I mean it's not as if there isn't enough food on the ship on any given day... the best part of it was watching people going around like crazy animals barging people out the way to make sure they don't miss out on a shrimp or maybe a lb of prime rib to put on top of their already maxed out plate only to leave half of it before going to attack the deserts and don't mention the chocolate fountain... I saw people picking food up with their fingers and sticking it under the chocolate, eating it, licking their fingers and going back for more [emoji33] you would think this was the first time people had eaten all week and wasn't sure where their next meal was coming from... well until they visit the buffet for a snack that afternoon anyway... [emoji849][emoji200][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree with Mr T - we weren't fans of the brunch and would actually prefer a sit down Breakfast on our sea day, so this is a positive change to me. I assume the mdr is open for breakfast and lunch then? If I recall on our last cruise lunch wasn't served on port days, nor when the grand buffet was, so there wasn't​ an opportunity on that trip for a served lunch

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I always found this to be a very strange idea,

I mean it's not as if there isn't enough food on the ship on any given day... the best part of it was watching people going around like crazy animals barging people out the way to make sure they don't miss out on a shrimp or maybe a lb of prime rib to put on top of their already maxed out plate only to leave half of it before going to attack the deserts and don't mention the chocolate fountain... I saw people picking food up with their fingers and sticking it under the chocolate, eating it, licking their fingers and going back for more [emoji33] you would think this was the first time people had eaten all week and wasn't sure where their next meal was coming from... well until they visit the buffet for a snack that afternoon anyway... [emoji849][emoji200][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe the chocolate fountain is now served in the OV alternative to the brunch. We enjoyed the change to the norm when the brunch was offered and the later rise. But then I also remember the midnight buffets too ;).

People are so disgusting with the chocolate fountain that when they have it at the lunch buffet it is roped off and a crew member dips for you.

Last brunch we attended was total chaos. People are suppose to wait to be seated at cleaned tables.. but they barged in and sat a dirty spots before the tables could be changed and complained about the mess.