My time reservations

One of the reasons we chose my time dining is so we didn't have to make reservations early. If we just show up when we want to eat I understand there might be wait. Has anyone done this/how long was the wait? If I make reservations now but want to change them the day of, is that ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

One of the reasons we chose my time dining is so we didn't have to make reservations early. If we just show up when we want to eat I understand there might be wait. Has anyone done this/how long was the wait? If I make reservations now but want to change them the day of, is that ok?

The wait varies by ship, time you arrive, number in your party, demographic, etc. Some report less than 5 minutes, others are told the wait is so long to come back after an hour.

You cna change reservations anytime you like.

If you plan to eat during the most popular times, without a reservation, there may very well be a wait. If you dine earlier or later, then waits should be minimal. 6:45-7:30 is the busiest time.

We may just be lucky, but we have never waited for more than a few minutes if at all. We hardly ever set a time in advance but we do tend to show up around 7 - 7:30 out of habit. I know that some have had different experience but it has been pretty consistent for us.

I normally book us a reservation for about 7 - 7:30, just so we have got a reservation and can join the (normally shorter) reservation line, but often we are not there for our exact time slot and have never waited more than 5 minutes. Whether thats because we are a couple and happy to sit with others (so we can fill any gaps more easily) I don't know, but it works for us.

Simon

quoteWe may just be lucky, but we have never waited for more than a few minutes if at all. We hardly ever set a time in advance but we do tend to show up around 7 - 7:30 out of habit. I know that some have had different experience but it has been pretty consistent for us.=EBFurr

Exactly what we do.

And we have frequently noticed that we get in faster than folks waiting in the reservations line.

The wait varies by ship, time you arrive, number in your party, demographic, etc. Some report less than 5 minutes, others are told the wait is so long to come back after an hour.

You cna change reservations anytime you like.

If the ship is sailing from Barcelona Spain there are a lot of Spanish on board and they traditionally eat late.

We book for 8.30 pm after visiting the Diamond lounge and the queues then for non booked times are always massive.

44 cruises and counting.