THANK YOU RCCL! Return to NOLA

What a GREAT way to start the month of May!

Vision coming to NEW ORLEANS! We have missed our sailings up and down the Mississippi SO much and just could see giving any other cruise line our money. So excited and grateful!!

So Who Is Booked??

I just started the Rollcalls for Two Vision Sailings. We booked a B2B on her yesterday for Feb. 2nd and Feb. 9th! Come join the Rollcall!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2495700 - 2/2

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2495702 - 2/9

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Vision. She's a smaller ship which is probably why people don't like her. We prefer the smaller ships and have no desire to cruise on the bigger ships. Sailing out of NOLA is pretty awesome too! ..........

I agree! And I think I heard something about a Dry Dock before all this happens. She may be "Like New";p

• 4 weeks later...
May I ask what you did not like about Vision? Just wondering since she will soon be just 3 hrs away from us and am considering a 5 day on her.....

For me, I didnt like that it had only 2 pools. They were soo packed we never had a chance to get close.. I prefer Voyager class & up.. Also, I like ships that have a promenade.

So Who Is Booked??

I just started the Rollcalls for Two Vision Sailings. We booked a B2B on her yesterday for Feb. 2nd and Feb. 9th! Come join the Rollcall!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2495700 - 2/2

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2495702 - 2/9

I agree! And I think I heard something about a Dry Dock before all this happens. She may be "Like New";p

It does seem it will be a dry dock from end of Oct. to Nov. 13. That is on the Royal schedule with no specific details (per the person I spoke with.) Given the time frame from when Vision goes from Barcelona to Miami in Oct. 2018 to when the Vision sails from Miami on Panama Canal crossing, there is not a huge amount of time for massive (structural) changes. So it could be things like carpet and furnishing changes...

Interesting point of view. You are correct NOLA isn't Texas - In particular it isn't Galveston. Thankfully NOLA is much more fun and interesting than Galveston and it is much more convenient to an airport. Many of us Texans routinely sail from ports other than Galveston and NOLA will be high on my list.
Pete agree with you completely, N.O. much more interesting, cruise port much closer to the airport, and regarding the Op 's post regarding demographics, well just not understanding that comment at all?...

Just off Vision 2 weeks ago. She was in great shape,clean and great crew. Some wear and rust,but I've seen rust on a new ship. She is small, but some of us like that!!

Margee

Count us in the group that would be very happy to cruise on Vision.:)

We have a reservation on Vision from Miami to Los Angeles in Nov. 2018 on Royal's "Return thru the Panama Canal" While that sized ship is small for my preference (I have been on the Enchantment and Rhapsody), it is many times for us the cruise itinerary.

Pete agree with you completely, N.O. much more interesting, cruise port much closer to the airport, and regarding the Op 's post regarding demographics, well just not understanding that comment at all?...

Overall, cruises leaving from New Orleans bring in a different demographic than cruises leaving from Galveston. Overall, Royal pulls in a different demographic than Carnival.

What are you not understanding about that? :)