THANK YOU RCCL! Return to NOLA

I like cruising out of New Orleans, but the Vision?

They brought in the worst ship.

I will pass and go with the NCL Pearl.

Maybe it will lead to something better. I would love to see RCCL in NOLA. That is the most convenient port for us to drive to- about 11 1/2 hours for us and straight down the interstate. That is the reason that most of our cruises have been on Carnival. But I would want a bigger ship with some amenities. That is one of the reasons I have not sailed NCL. My options on Carnival have been better.

Of my 4 sailings, Vision was the 'worst' ship and not due to the size, I was just fine on Majesty. But a Panama sailing is on my bucket list... So I don't know what would win out... My dislike of that ship, and being on it for 16 days... Or the fact I could get my Panama sailing (and also visit Guatemala and Colombia along the way!)

I would at least be interested in seeing the prices // when it goes on sale

Of my 4 sailings, Vision was the 'worst' ship and not due to the size, I was just fine on Majesty. But a Panama sailing is on my bucket list... So I don't know what would win out... My dislike of that ship, and being on it for 16 days... Or the fact I could get my Panama sailing (and also visit Guatemala and Colombia along the way!)

If you want to do a Panama Canal sailing on Royal, I'd jump at this chance. You never know how many more of these sailings Royal will offer.

May I ask what you did not like about Vision? Just wondering since she will soon be just 3 hrs away from us and am considering a 5 day on her.....

Here is Vision's deployment flyer: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2018_2019/17056670_VI_Deployment_Flyer_final.pdf

Panama Canal from Miami to LA on 11/13/18, then from LA back to NOLA, arriving in NOLA on 12/15/18. Then a rotation of 7 night Western Caribbean and Bahamas sailings.

where do they go? I am confused by all this rotation stuff

Navigator used to sail out of NEW ORLEANS. That was DH's first cruise (my third) and he loved it! We've been cruising since - when we can.

Happy for the chance - even on the Vision - to go thru the Panama Canal (bucket list item). We were on Rhapsody (same class) around the horn a few years ago. That class of ship is smaller than my preference. We'll see what the prices are for Panama canal...

May I ask what you did not like about Vision? Just wondering since she will soon be just 3 hrs away from us and am considering a 5 day on her.....

I mean, your experiences might differ from mine... But from the third day onward (seven day sailing) it smelled like bathroom had backed up.. and you could smell it everywhere in the Centrum. But everyone was commenting on it. I believe even in reviews on here people mentioned it smelled like....poop.

Also, the food seemed kinda meh and we booked their fake Izumi, not knowing it didn't have the Hibachi as advertised. The indoor pool also kept having to be drained and shuttered (due to rough seas and massive amounts of water splashing out! not their fault, but it still took away things to do on an already smaller ship)

I wouldn't be against sailing on it again... if the itinerary was something I wanted, or the price was right. But I'd rather go for other ships

So love the return to NOLA!!! Now we can enjoy the city...starting the vaca before the vaca!! And I agree...would love to see a return to CA as well, since it would be closer to home (AZ).

As for the Vision...we very much enjoyed it on our 12 day mediterranean cruise out of Barcelona! We didn't have any of the troubles others have shared.

I echo OP's thank you RCCL. We will be on this ship in the future. Like some other posts, we wish it were a more updated ship with more activities available onboard but so very happy to have RCCL back in New Orleans. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Looks like the Enchantment will take the place of Vision in Galveston.

https://www.******************.com/2017/05/01/royal-caribbean-announces-new-gulf-coast-cruises-2018

These aren't showing up on the RCCL site yet, but I am relieved you found this! I would hate to lose the opportunity to do short trips from Galveston on Royal right after we finally got them back.

I echo OP's thank you RCCL. We will be on this ship in the future. Like some other posts, we wish it were a more updated ship with more activities available onboard but so very happy to have RCCL back in New Orleans. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sadly I think this just means another 3 years in NOLA and pull out again. They will probably blame other factors but I think it is just tough for them to compete with Carnival in NOLA. I don't think they want to bring a bigger ship to NOLA because they aren't going to be able to fill it at a price point they want. So they drag the old Vision into town and price war with it a bit until they realize that they can't really compete with that either and then they will leave town again. Problem is that NOLA isn't Texas. You're not bringing Houston, Dallas, and Austin markets rather you are pulling Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Missouri, and Louisiana people and they are less concerned with some of the things Royal caters to and can be a bit of a different demographic than the Texas crowds.

I would love to see a Voyager or Freedom class ship sail from NOLA but I don't see it happening any time soon. (if ever again)

Sadly I think this just means another 3 years in NOLA and pull out again. They will probably blame other factors but I think it is just tough for them to compete with Carnival in NOLA. I don't think they want to bring a bigger ship to NOLA because they aren't going to be able to fill it at a price point they want. So they drag the old Vision into town and price war with it a bit until they realize that they can't really compete with that either and then they will leave town again. Problem is that NOLA isn't Texas. You're not bringing Houston, Dallas, and Austin markets rather you are pulling Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Missouri, and Louisiana people and they are less concerned with some of the things Royal caters to and can be a bit of a different demographic than the Texas crowds.

I would love to see a Voyager or Freedom class ship sail from NOLA but I don't see it happening any time soon. (if ever again)

Interesting point of view. You are correct NOLA isn't Texas - In particular it isn't Galveston. Thankfully NOLA is much more fun and interesting than Galveston and it is much more convenient to an airport. Many of us Texans routinely sail from ports other than Galveston and NOLA will be high on my list.

Interesting point of view. You are correct NOLA isn't Texas - In particular it isn't Galveston. Thankfully NOLA is much more fun and interesting than Galveston and it is much more convenient to an airport. Many of us Texans routinely sail from ports other than Galveston and NOLA will be high on my list.

I agree. I personally would prefer to sail out of New Orleans. The city has sooo much culture and a unique style of cook that I would love to experience before or after my cruise. There's really nothing that I would personally like to see in Huston that's worth me paying a $300 to $500 for a flight.

And as far as price point, the Liberty defiantly isn't selling at its full potential with rates during the summer at less the $500 for a 7 day. They could get a much stronger rate else where however they gave her another year round season. The rate for the Visions 4/5 out of Galveston really isn't that strong either however that are placing the Enchantment (Which is larger) there year round. There are many factors of placing ships in certain markets. Keep in mind that Royal also has a larger fleet now which allows them expand the options when it comes to departure ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Can't be a full one, Vision is sailing out of Galveston from Nov. through April. Maybe this May through Nov. at NOLA. Staying in the Gulf of Mexico all year:)

No, the deployment has been re-schduled.

Enchantment is taking over the Galveston sailings originally planned for Vision.

Vision is sailing to Panama Canal repos in Nov/Dec 2018, between Dec 18 and Apr 19 she's sailing 7-night-Caribbean runs from NOLA!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Vision. She's a smaller ship which is probably why people don't like her. We prefer the smaller ships and have no desire to cruise on the bigger ships. Sailing out of NOLA is pretty awesome too! We did a Christmas cruise in 2013 and happened to be living in the area at the time for DH's work. It was one of the most organized terminals, both getting on and off the ship, we've encountered. :D