"LIVE" - Aloha, Radiance of the Seas May 5, 2017 Honolulu to Vancouver

We ended up back in Lahaina a couple hours so I am relaxing under the banyan tree enjoying an iced coffee and some good music.

1c82ba649fd19e475a1265d458581da7.jpg

This banyan tree is amazing.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

That tree is amazing but my son and his shave ice got a little surprise from a bird in the canopy. Made for an unforgetable vacation memory though!

Hello Bill & Marie,

Enjoying your review, thanks for taking your time to take us along. I was wondering which rental car company you used and what was the cost per day. Having already done the Road to Hana and the OLL twice we would like to rent a car and explore on our own next year.

Hope you have smooth, calm seas on your crossing. :cool:

Thanks for all of the great Hawaii photos. If you are going back ashore today for lunch I recommend Mala Ocean Tavern or Star Noodle in Lahaina, or Plantation House in Kapalua (amazing views). Have fun.

Oh and I forgot Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop.

Hello Bill & Marie,

Enjoying your review, thanks for taking your time to take us along. I was wondering which rental car company you used and what was the cost per day. Having already done the Road to Hana and the OLL twice we would like to rent a car and explore on our own next year.

Hope you have smooth, calm seas on your crossing. :cool:

There are fewer rental companies on the west side now so we used Budget and it was just under $50 per day.

Thanks for all of the great Hawaii photos. If you are going back ashore today for lunch I recommend Mala Ocean Tavern or Star Noodle in Lahaina, or Plantation House in Kapalua (amazing views). Have fun.

Oh and I forgot Leoda's Kitchen and Pie Shop.

Thank you for the recommendations but were are heading back upcountry to O'o Farm. We will have a tour of the farm then we will pick the vegetables they will cook with chicken and fish for our lunch.

Last night we went to the Old Lahaina Luau. They pictures were with my phone as I didn't want to drag the Nikon through diner.

They call this the most authentic Hawaiian luau on the islands We have gone before and really enjoy it. For one thing they have actual wooden chairs and tables, not the folding tables and plastics chairs you are stuck with at the hotel luaus.

There is a lot you can see before dinner.

a232fe58a9b1b1e70a734b3410dcaeee.jpg

947308ffa47d632bb74e01d5c4ad847f.jpg

d194f941c1a5acaeb4fbf66219444286.jpg

dfce2020c1d9af05e4946c5110799dc4.jpg

05d271dfa7be1d2d9265ddf141ef119b.jpg

d104a51f0480fe96e53d667f9b4b8e1e.jpg

Dinner as you can see was delicious. They told us we could go back for more but to be honest I couldn't finish this

3e82b3f41033948f6dc403251ee03b07.jpg

We had a beautiful sunset during dinner

d2bdad9fd67d7fef791a382326ff9245.jpg

After dinner was the show. As I mentioned I used my cell so these may not be the best pictures.

5d34a3d911f2bccb57754f4254306d9f.jpg

25c898515857ee1f6e7f24e54854412d.jpg

164b56b89ec1953c16f96218a246db91.jpg

02cd85c8baa4f379854fd578881e3bcb.jpg

Thank you for the recommendations but were are heading back upcountry to O'o Farm. We will have a tour of the farm then we will pick the vegetables they will cook with chicken and fish for our lunch.

Nice! I didn't know if you would have enough time to go upcountry today, but O'o Farm sounds great.

Thanks for your photos of the Old Lahaina Luau, it looks like a wonderful spot too! I'm trying to decide if we should do that this coming August. We've done luau's before, but never that one which I too have heard is supposed to be the best. I just am not sure if I really want to spend over $400 for the evening for our family of 4. :o

On our transpacific cruise next year I was wanting to go to this luau but am concerned about getting back to the ship for an 11 pm sailing and having to use tenders. What is your opinion, thank you.

Thanks for your photos of the Old Lahaina Luau, it looks like a wonderful spot too! I'm trying to decide if we should do that this coming August. We've done luau's before, but never that one which I too have heard is supposed to be the best. I just am not sure if I really want to spend over $400 for the evening for our family of 4. :o

If you can swing it, I definitely recommend it. This luau is far and away the best there is, IMO. They are in the business soley to do luaus. Their property is set up to accommodate guests not only with a very good buffet dinner that is well-organized and tasty, but also a professional show with good sight lines from every table.

On our transpacific cruise next year I was wanting to go to this luau but am concerned about getting back to the ship for an 11 pm sailing and having to use tenders. What is your opinion, thank you.

My guess is that the ship recognizes that people will be at luaus during the evening. They usually end at about 8pm, so that should allow you time to get back to the ship by 11pm.

The luau ends at 8:30. If the ship leaves at 11 you will have to be at the dock no later than 10:30. A taxi will take 5 minutes or at worse you can walk back in a half hour.

Bill, it's nice to see you in a photo with Marie! I think your cell phone did a very respectable job with photographing the luau. I've been waiting for photos! Good job, thanks. :)

Thanks, I just brought the phone today too but it's good at daytime pics