"LIVE" - Aloha, Radiance of the Seas May 5, 2017 Honolulu to Vancouver

The wall of names memorializing those lost on the Arizona.

8c59af05dc7fdc79c0dc4a5f6201dfaa.jpg

I spotted someone with our family name of Walton. I don't know of any relatives in Pearl Harbor at that time but o ash now curious and plan to research this yeoman.

0c2233214191e22507e6970e28ff658e.jpg

c10af380fa54e16bc0b0b075d7230768.jpg

7752b8a937cf9232c1dc59062ddbd086.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Memorial of all those lost on the other ships and bases.

071d56f539b7b1ab7c80a08aa4d17f41.jpg

045bcc18eb3910a1d0f26bd942328d7c.jpg

I found another Walton on one of the other ships that I plan to research as well.

abf2ac8a6302bbbd5222004a39d397cf.jpg

One of the Arizona's anchors.

5e36fe451d9ca1059ac3e2fa462e530d.jpg

36a03fe37ad46d09bbe5ec1a00fe06cc.jpg

f31a2e423a1ba8f997ffbef7dead6565.jpg

This was a moving morning for me and I am surprised I put off so long to visit. But I am glad I finally did.

Bill, we will be on an overnight in Hawaii next year about this time. I asked at our base Davis monthan in Tucson if I could purchase tickets before we left. They told us that we could purchase tickets at the hale koa. Have I been misinformed. Please let me know the answer if you can. If not I will keep searching. Thank you.

We had a get together a noon so we looked for a few things to do to fill the rest of the morning. The first place we attempted to visit was the Kukaniloko birthing stones in Wahiawa. This is considered one of the most important ancient cultural sites on the island of Oahu. Unfortunately there was a gate across the road leading to them and no place to pull over on the main highway so we were unable to see them.

So we headed north next stopping for a few minutes at the Dole pineapple plantation.

After that we headed to Haleiwa and some lunch at Big Wave Shrimp truck. Tasty lunch with garlic shrimp for Marie, lemon peppered for me. Yum

108367628c11dadc4c1560cb58a831fb.jpg

63324eb86d19955175bb6ce46059fa65.jpg

e4c45e35545f822c08455b3540e82ed4.jpg

481757075be5b5a145f6645c486f7dbb.jpg

a96e1b3319d66dd8e41c72325c8fb46b.jpg

ad5039876471b2d9f1195b06e93c49b7.jpg

Bill, we will be on an overnight in Hawaii next year about this time. I asked at our base Davis monthan in Tucson if I could purchase tickets before we left. They told us that we could purchase tickets at the hale koa. Have I been misinformed. Please let me know the answer if you can. If not I will keep searching. Thank you.

Sorry, ticket for what?

Sorry, tickets for the Arizona memorial

I really enjoyed your Pearl Harbor/Arizona memorial visit photos. It has been 46 years since I was there, and I had forgotten much of what we saw. Your photos brought back many memories.

Thank you and it was such a beautiful morning too. Glad we made it there

Wow Bill, your pictures are incredible! Thank you for sharing them. How far is Hale Koa from the airport? Also, how far is it from the port?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

From the airport to the hotel is about 8 miles. It's even closer to the port, about 3 miles.

I'm so glad to have you guys again. I so love your live posts. Have a great time!!

Thank you for following along. :)

Sorry, tickets for the Arizona memorial

The hotel has an activities desk and they may be able to help you with that. But I would recommend booking ahead of time online either through the park website or a tour company,

Thank you for taking us along. The photos of Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona are wonderful and emotional. I was there when I was 8 or 9 years old and remember being on the memorial but I need to return to experience it as an adult. I also would like to take my kids there for them to experience it as well. Especially for my son (12) who is intrigued by everything military. It would be a good lesson for him to see in person what war really does.

Thank you for taking us along. The photos of Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona are wonderful and emotional. I was there when I was 8 or 9 years old and remember being on the memorial but I need to return to experience it as an adult. I also would like to take my kids there for them to experience it as well. Especially for my son (12) who is intrigued by everything military. It would be a good lesson for him to see in person what war really does.

My pleasure. I was surprised at how few children there was yesterday. Maybe it was too early in the day for them. It is very impactful so I would be sure to explain ahead of time what they will see, in particular the movie.