"LIVE" - Aloha, Radiance of the Seas May 5, 2017 Honolulu to Vancouver

Hi Bill and Marie...we are excited to tag along on your cruise on our beloved Radiance of the Seas. (sailed 8 times)

This cruise is on our bucket list, we've done 3 round trip from SD to Hawaii and really want to return, especially on the Radiance.

Thanks for posting a live review, hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

Hi Bill and Marie...we are excited to tag along on your cruise on our beloved Radiance of the Seas. (sailed 8 times)

This cruise is on our bucket list, we've done 3 round trip from SD to Hawaii and really want to return, especially on the Radiance.

Thanks for posting a live review, hope you have a wonderful cruise!!!

Thank you for coming along. Radiance is such a great way to see the islands.

Thanks for letting us join you on your fabulous trip! Looking forward to pictures of your cruise, and room... We're doing the Radiance to Alaska next year, and staying in 9576 :) Kitty Corner to where you guys are :)

Thank you for following along. I hear our balcony is deep and sheltered. So make for some quality reading time. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The hotel has an activities desk and they may be able to help you with that. But I would recommend booking ahead of time online either through the park website or a tour company,

Thank you, you said you booked two months out, I might try four months.

Thank you, you said you booked two months out, I might try four months.

You can do that with a tour company but the government website does not make the tickets available until two months out. And if you want early morning you need to get online early the day the tickets become available as they go fast.

Bill - following along and enjoying your report. DW and I have wanted to visit Hawaii but haven't been able to make it happen yet. I'm looking forward to your review of the Radiance. We've been on her three "sisters" but never on Radiance. We'll be boarding her in Seward on June 9th. We'll have some first time cruisers with us and we've been telling them what beautiful ships the Radiance class are.

You can do that with a tour company but the government website does not make the tickets available until two months out. And if you want early morning you need to get online early the day the tickets become available as they go fast.

:D Thanks for the heads up. Enjoying your review

Loving your review and beautiful photos! My husband and I will be in stateroom 9092 0n our June 2 trip to Alaska. You will love it. We have been in this same location (one deck up) on the Jewel of the Seas. There is a lot of shelter and privacy. With so many days at sea, you made a wonderful choice!! Looking forward to following along with the rest of your trip. Thanks for sharing! :cool:

Bill - following along and enjoying your report. DW and I have wanted to visit Hawaii but haven't been able to make it happen yet. I'm looking forward to your review of the Radiance. We've been on her three "sisters" but never on Radiance. We'll be boarding her in Seward on June 9th. We'll have some first time cruisers with us and we've been telling them what beautiful ships the Radiance class are.

We have been on Radiance 4 times and Jewel 4 times. Love this class of ship

Loving your review and beautiful photos! My husband and I will be in stateroom 9092 0n our June 2 trip to Alaska. You will love it. We have been in this same location (one deck up) on the Jewel of the Seas. There is a lot of shelter and privacy. With so many days at sea, you made a wonderful choice!! Looking forward to following along with the rest of your trip. Thanks for sharing! :cool:

Thank you, glad to hear a vote of confidence on our cabin. :D

I found you! :cool:

Your pictures are amazing and I will be following along from the Allure. I need to see Alaska one day if I can pull myself away from the beach!!!

Have a wonderful cruise - the Radiance was my very first cruise, ever! Beautiful ship :D

You're killing me man! I can just taste that Hale Koa breakfast out on the lanai facing Waikiki. DROOL! Yum! Love those make it yourself waffles with banana/ pineapple/macadamia nuts on top with coconut syrup...mmmmmmm...:hearteyes:

OOps, supposed to be on a diet right now...hey no carbs in dreamland!:halo:

We did Radiance from San Diego last 2013, gonna ride along with ya....Aloha

I found you! :cool:

Your pictures are amazing and I will be following along from the Allure. I need to see Alaska one day if I can pull myself away from the beach!!!

Have a wonderful cruise - the Radiance was my very first cruise, ever! Beautiful ship :D

Go west young lady. ;p :D

You won't regret it.

You're killing me man! I can just taste that Hale Koa breakfast out on the lanai facing Waikiki. DROOL! Yum! Love those make it yourself waffles with banana/ pineapple/macadamia nuts on top with coconut syrup...mmmmmmm...:hearteyes:

OOps, supposed to be on a diet right now...hey no carbs in dreamland!

We did Radiance from San Diego last 2013, gonna ride along with ya....Aloha

I have to say we have never made it to the breakfast here at the Hale Koa. A buffet first thing in the morning is just going to get us into trouble, ;p

Since we spent the entire day here at the hotel I wandered around and took a few pictures.

fa349013030f63cf3f271634a5960ec1.jpg

The activities desk.

32a21093aec769fce0678e6302dd97d6.jpg

Three banyan tree tree in the middle of the courtyard.

8cfb493f467cf04024d7ea9f89cf2d08.jpg

The open air lobby

49bef16f5b120efc5d6f21de5df373b3.jpg

0a6e68405bb4cd047db9ab073a674d70.jpg

A small Starbucks

d0b81b182595c6fcb0d2839e5994618c.jpg

There really are fish in here

600fa7249e2dc37c797f44a277068eb2.jpg

Just hiding from the sun

033bb89571e4fa8e8bf6f6d34e0692ec.jpg

More of the hotel grounds. They do a great job of keeping things beautiful

3ff0d291c7abe1a580bb76c5a40d258a.jpg

eb11af298e450df60cg0dca9d406e3c53.jpg

2b1651b324b36e59668c2afe08d477cb.jpg

efae1b754a70432292dba7bacaa658cf.jpg

The Ilima pool. The Maile pool is being remodeled

8898ece0416ba7ec75c783d1d60f01a4.jpg

The beach barefoot bar

87737b0123d63129d65c49cd142cbfa4.jpg

e6753e2851cec2fc85b3305896612039.jpg

The barefoot snack bar

ff5668014abff8c700f0e220fa3d0b58.jpg

We are on the top floor of this tower.

1d5898fec44aecd5d28929bf9c01933a.jpg

Biba's Courtyard grill. Empty in the middle of the day.

3814cb59c33c4d8494eac44d6216ee50.jpg

c7768725d5ed8bf0a5356198c851c173.jpg

a39a44ec1e74e86a73f8023bbd61ec4d.jpg

5e4eee43d6af5881edb1ccf4602d7653.jpg

bb72697f4913c0daee85d5eadfcc0c71.jpg

Congressman Dan Daniels who was instrumental in getting this facility built.

f191b7d5ce7e1b1db50934fda176f8a1.jpg

Welcome to boarding day!! Can't wait to follow along and see what you have planned for the other islands. I absolutely love Hawaii and this will get me excited for our trip to Maui/Kauai in August. No cruise for me this summer, but it's not like 11 days in Hawaii is a bad alternative. ;p