A unique packing question - insight and direction appreciated

I have a unique packing question to ask. Rather than flying, we are making the drive from Atlanta to Ft. Lauderdale for our cruise on the Allure of the Seas as it will help save a little money. When we have flown in the past, I have been reluctant to bring certain "personal intimacy enhancers" along for fear of someone going though my bag. We enjoy expanded horizons but are not keen on others seeing (and most certainly touching) the items my husband and I use behind our closed doors. What are the screening procedures for boarding the ship? Will it be a standard x-ray or will someone be going through our items? Sorry for the more direct question but has anyone had any issues boarding the ship with adult toys and such? Again, I appreciate your insight and direction.

I think you cannot be sure that a screener will not go through your bags. As I recall, they use the x-ray machines but do not open and go through bags generally, but could if they see anything that needs to be checked out.

The best way to avoid any embarrassment that might be caused by others viewing the x-ray machines or if they go through the bags is to give the carry-on to your husband then drop back a few places in line. How he avoids a problem is a separate question. Of course, the other way to handle the situation is to just not care what a bunch of strangers think.

I think you cannot be sure that a screener will not go through your bags. As I recall, they use the x-ray machines but do not open and go through bags generally, but could if they see anything that needs to be checked out.

The best way to avoid any embarrassment that might be caused by others viewing the x-ray machines or if they go through the bags is to give the carry-on to your husband then drop back a few places in line. How he avoids a problem is a separate question. Of course, the other way to handle the situation is to just not care what a bunch of strangers think.

Better still leave them at home to save any embarrassment and enjoy your cruise.

44 cruises and counting.

If you got them through TSA you will get them through the port. Put them in checked luggage. Worse can happen your husband gets called to the "naughty" room. Now that's truly an appropriate term for the security area.

Have fun, just hope you're not in the room next to us. Then again?

My electric toothbrush (in hand luggage) switched on for no reason while I was sitting in an airport lounge!!

You have never seen so many heads turn in one direction at the same time!! tee hee!!!

Unless you're packing a violet wand or handcuffs there's not many "toys" that break any of their rules. There's better options than handcuffs and my violet wand can take a week off

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My electric toothbrush (in hand luggage) switched on for no reason while I was sitting in an airport lounge!!

You have never seen so many heads turn in one direction at the same time!! tee hee!!!

Same thing happened to me with my electric shaver. Of course it was at the very bottom of the hand luggage & took me forever to reach it to shut it off!