How are the Swans doing?

Looks like it will be your grandson that is happiest.

Yes, he was a happy little Lion! The other one not so much, he is at the age where losing anything whether it be his own sports' teams or the Bombers hurts.

Leigh

Hi all

I thought this thread would be dead by now but you have all kept up a lively exchange:)

I will keep checking and fingers crossed that the Swans we saw in their first game have been left behind and these new winning Swans are for real :D

ML

Hi all

I thought this thread would be dead by now but you have all kept up a lively exchange:)

I will keep checking and fingers crossed that the Swans we saw in their first game have been left behind and these new winning Swans are for real :D

ML

I thought I would keep you updated in case you were following along. Hopefully they will prove the pundits wrong and not just make the finals but actually win a couple.

We are looking forward to our trip to Melbourne and seeing the Hawks take on the Swans on the 28th at the G. If both keep up their current form, it should be a good game. Go HAWKS!

I agree but have to go for the Swans in that one.

We are looking forward to our trip to Melbourne and seeing the Hawks take on the Swans on the 28th at the G. If both keep up their current form, it should be a good game. Go HAWKS!

should be a ripper game i reckon sad to see Hodge is retiring but sadly they cant go on forever

should be a ripper game i reckon sad to see Hodge is retiring but sadly they cant go on forever

I have a question if you or anyone can answer it. We get general admission tickets with our membership but what time should be be getting to the G to make sure we get decent seats?

Any other info you can give will be appreciated. It's been many years since my husband was at the G.

I have a question if you or anyone can answer it. We get general admission tickets with our membership but what time should be be getting to the G to make sure we get decent seats?

Any other info you can give will be appreciated. It's been many years since my husband was at the G.

Joandian,

I would check the MCG website a few days before the game and see what time the gates open for the public and where GA seating is located as it can change from game to game. That way you can decide which area you would like to sit in. I would plan to arrive soon after the gates open,

The game tomorrow afternoon between the Cats and Hawks which starts at 1.45pm, the gates open at 12pm.

This is from the MCG website -

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING AREAS

Great Southern Stand (Gates 4 and 5)

M3-M11

Q1-Q15

Ponsford Stand (Gate 1)

M28-M35

Q29-Q36

Olympic Stand (Gate 3)

Q49-Q57.

At the G I like to sit on the top deck (Q) as you have a great view. I find sitting on the bottom level (M) can be a problem if you are short (as I am), particularly if you are sitting towards the back under cover. Check the forecast for Melbourne too

Enjoy the game!

Leigh

Edited by possum52

i would get there an hr bevfore gates open at 12 i think it will be a big crowd m 28 to m36 i think thats right is ga seats level one ponsford hawks end cats end is punt road end not sure if ga on level 1 there i only know hawk end top deck will have ga too

Joandian,

I would check the MCG website a few days before the game and see what time the gates open for the public and where GA seating is located as it can change from game to game. That way you can decide which area you would like to sit in. I would plan to arrive soon after the gates open,

The game tomorrow afternoon between the Cats and Hawks which starts at 1.45pm, the gates open at 12pm.

This is from the MCG website -

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING AREAS

Great Southern Stand (Gates 4 and 5)

M3-M11

Q1-Q15

Ponsford Stand (Gate 1)

M28-M35

Q29-Q36

Olympic Stand (Gate 3)

Q49-Q57.

At the G I like to sit on the top deck (Q) as you have a great view. I find sitting on the bottom level (M) can be a problem if you are short (as I am), particularly if you are sitting towards the back under cover. Check the forecast for Melbourne too

Enjoy the game!

Leigh

cheers on the info for all i only knew some of it

i would get there an hr bevfore gates open at 12 i think it will be a big crowd m 28 to m36 i think thats right is ga seats level one ponsford hawks end cats end is punt road end not sure if ga on level 1 there i only know hawk end top deck will have ga too

We aren't going until the 28th. 7.55 game against the Swans and I think Ian saw the gates open at 5.30.

Leigh, thanks for that great info. I'll check back in with you all that week to see in case I can't find the information we need.

Thanks!

We aren't going until the 28th. 7.55 game against the Swans and I think Ian saw the gates open at 5.30.

Leigh, thanks for that great info. I'll check back in with you all that week to see in case I can't find the information we need.

Thanks!

ooops lol, me talking hodge retiring got myself confused with cats game tomorrow lol sorry