Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

We are booked on the afternoon woodwind snorkel boat tour, heard great things about it so should be fun [emoji4] I think a little later we will have a little walk around the port area before heading to the tour [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last night we are at Tuscan for the second time this cruise, we both enjoyed it as much as the first time if not a little more [emoji39] Julie had the calamari to start, I had the bruschetta, Julie said hers was very good as was mine, mine was only a small portion but very tasty all the same, we both had the fillet steak for our main course and we shared (I ate most of it really [emoji200]) the 1/2 portion of chicken parmigiana, the steaks were great & cooked perfectly, the chicken was ok... it was tasty but don't think I'd order it again,

For dessert i had the limoncello cheesecake & Julie ordered the creme brûlée, both very very good, I may of eaten my fare share of julies dessert also.. [emoji200][emoji23]

I'll let Julie comment on the wine as I know she enjoyed it, I'm not a wine drinker so don't know what I'm talking about... [emoji12]

Before this cruise neither of us were that excited about Tuscan as we had a couple of poor experiences on previous cruises but I must say it's been our favourite of a good/great bunch so far [emoji106]

We are booked on the afternoon woodwind snorkel boat tour, heard great things about it so should be fun [emoji4] I think a little later we will have a little walk around the port area before heading to the tour [emoji106]

We are also booked on the afternoon tour in a couple of weeks. Can you tell me how much of a rush it is with the tour ending at 3:00 and all-aboard at 3:30? Exactly how long does the walk back to the ship take from the Woodwind desk?

We are also booked on the afternoon tour in a couple of weeks. Can you tell me how much of a rush it is with the tour ending at 3:00 and all-aboard at 3:30? Exactly how long does the walk back to the ship take from the Woodwind desk?

The meeting point is very close, today we are docked at the closer of the 2 docks and you can see the meeting point from the ship so shouldn't be any rush at all, I'll confirm later [emoji106]

Thank you for your review. We will be on the Equinox next March. Can't wait! The MDR menus do look different from our menus on the Silhouette a few years back and from our menus on the Reflection this summer in the Med. Lots of good choices!

Hi, no rush at all [emoji106]we got back exactly at 3pm and took a slow walk back and was onboard in plenty of time, I'd say the walk was less then 5 mins [emoji4]

Hi, no rush at all [emoji106]we got back exactly at 3pm and took a slow walk back and was onboard in plenty of time, I'd say the walk was less then 5 mins [emoji4]

Thank you so much for the feedback! Hope you had a great time and look forward to the rest of your review/trip report. :D

Bonaire Mini Review -

This was our first visit to Bonaire and hopefully now our last,

This was the only port on this cruise we booked an excursion for as the others we have been to before so for them we just wanted to go to the beach & chill out a bit, for this port we booked the woodwind snorkel/boat tour after hearing such great reviews & the fact we both like a bit of snorkelling [emoji106]

Now don't get me wrong I tend to take reviews with a pinch of salt but as every review we read said how great this tour was I guess I just didn't expect to be let down at all on this one, however, it all started well with a speedy check in system and getting on the boat, then we left quickly to what I thought would be a quick sail over to the snorkel site as it wasn't far at all, but, as we sat there and the ropes were let go we just seemed to sail out a little then was just left floating around a bit in the midday hot sun with no shade on deck... they did come around with a drink and also spent quite a bit of time explaining stuff & sorting out fins/masks etc etc.. but what's taken 10-15 mins in the past on similar trips took around an hour... an hour out of a 3 hour trip not doing anything other then baking in the sun and not going anywhere...

We did eventually get going and got into the water after a short sail to the snorkel area which was amazing and very nice to finely cool off, the actual snorkelling was pretty good, not great but good all the same, we saw plenty of fish & coral but unfortunately no turtles [emoji22] I'm aware nothing was guaranteed but as the last group were getting off they were all commenting how great the turtle viewing was... so I was just a bit disappointed I guess,

The actual snorkel/water time was around 45 mins and the equipment was the best I've experienced on a water based tour, I actually tried a full face mask and would highly recommend it, so much better then the normal ones [emoji106]

Then during the short sail back we were served a drink & a plate of food before the picture sales came round and the tour payments were taken on the boat,

So that was it, an ok tour but for me not the best experience I've ever had, I guess that first hour was just too long and could have been done so much differently to the benefit of the guests,

Would I do it again? maybe... the snorkelling was good and I guess if we had seen turtles [emoji217] then that could have made a good experience a great one so maybe we should give it another go... [emoji848]

We ate in the MDR tonight and enjoyed all that we had [emoji106]

Julie had a Caesar Salad, the crispy chicken & coffee cream pot for dessert,

I had the pea soup, same chicken & apple pie for dessert [emoji200][emoji39]

Currently I'm sat in the hot tub soaking the feet & legs after the strain & pain that comes with 3 port days on the run [emoji12]

we now have 2 sea days before key west so the plan is to have 2 good sun tanning days, so fingers crossed Mother Nature is accommodating [emoji41]

Just wanted to say hello to everyone that's come up and said hi on the cruise, along with all the people on this thread for their kind words about my live review/blog thingy... it's always nice to here it's appreciated, if it helps a few people answer a few questions then it's worth doing [emoji106][emoji4]

Bonaire Mini Review -

This was the only port on this cruise we booked an excursion for as the others we have been to before so for them we just wanted to go to the beach & chill out a bit, for this port we booked the woodwind snorkel/boat tour after hearing such great reviews & the fact we both like a bit of snorkelling [emoji106]

Now don't get me wrong I tend to take reviews with a pinch of salt but as every review we read said how great this tour was I guess I just didn't expect to be let down at all on this one, however, it all started well with a speedy check in system and getting on the boat, then we left quickly to what I thought would be a quick sail over to the snorkel site as it wasn't far at all, but, as we sat there and the ropes were let go we just seemed to sail out a little then was just left floating around a bit in the midday hot sun with no shade on deck... they did come around with a drink and also spent quite a bit of time explaining stuff & sorting out fins/masks etc etc.. but what's taken 10-15 mins in the past on similar trips took around an hour... an hour out of a 3 hour trip not doing anything other then baking in the sun and not going anywhere...

We did eventually get going and got into the water after a short sail to the snorkel area which was amazing and very nice to finely cool off, the actual snorkelling was pretty good, not great but good all the same, we saw plenty of fish & coral but unfortunately no turtles [emoji22] I'm aware nothing was guaranteed but as the last group were getting off they were all commenting how great the turtle viewing was... so I was just a bit disappointed I guess,

The actual snorkel/water time was around 45 mins and the equipment was the best I've experienced on a water based tour, I actually tried a full face mask and would highly recommend it, so much better then the normal ones [emoji106]

Then during the short sail back we were served a drink & a plate of food before the picture sales came round and the tour payments were taken on the boat,

So that was it, an ok tour but for me not the best experience I've ever had, I guess that first hour was just too long and could have been done so much differently to the benefit of the guests,

Would I do it again? maybe... the snorkelling was good and I guess if we had seen turtles [emoji217] then that could have made a good experience a great one so maybe we should give it another go... [emoji848]

Thanks for this review, as we are getting on the Equinox this Sunday, but with a different itinerary than you. No ABC islands this time for us. BUT we are going to Bonaire in January and have booked the Woodwind . The big issue we had was no cover on the boat. My wife can't take the direct sun and heat very long. We do snorkel on most of our trips, but the Cats have always some shade inside. We will have to rethink this, even though our friends have always recommended this trip and reviews are mainly good.

Joe

Thanks for this review, as we are getting on the Equinox this Sunday, but with a different itinerary than you. No ABC islands this time for us. BUT we are going to Bonaire in January and have booked the Woodwind . The big issue we had was no cover on the boat. My wife can't take the direct sun and heat very long. We do snorkel on most of our trips, but the Cats have always some shade inside. We will have to rethink this, even though our friends have always recommended this trip and reviews are mainly good.

Joe

To be honest I think they may have said they could accommodate people out of the sun but I guess we just felt that any minute they would start to move and at least create a little breeze but as I mentioned that was only after around an hour, I just didn't see why we were on the boat for that long without moving... plus I don't think I'd be any better in the shade (inside) as I'm assuming they wouldn't have A/C! [emoji12]

I also believe our tour (3 hrs) wasn't the standard tour as they were trying to accommodate our port times to fit in 2 tours so maybe you're one might be different?

Good luck & hope it works out for you anyway [emoji106]

Bonaire Mini Review -

I'm sorry you didn't have a better time. We did the 4-hour tour last time and this does make me slightly concerned about the 3-hour tour this time (we booked too late and were unable to get a spot on the morning tour).

The lack of shade was an issue for me as well but they provided rash guards which I took advantage of and definitely helped. ETA: my issue with the lack of shade is sunburn but I think you might have been talking about the heat aspect.

Thank you again for all of the information and the honest feedback. This is definitely a good point of reference for anyone interested in the tour. :)

$50 went in [emoji106]

Swung by on the way back to the cabin and put another $20 in and returned $55... not going to retire on it but any plus is a good plus in my book [emoji23][emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As he forgets to mention the $60 that was gone in 5 minutes after dinner. [emoji849][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

That was you... bad lucky charm... [emoji23] still a good day all in [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums