Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

How did you get over to Royal Palms? I love the pictures! Did you try any of the food?

As mentioned yes we took a shared taxi, as soon as we got through the port area there was a table where they organised the people wanting taxis

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was all very easy and civilized. Nice lady at a table took note of where you wanted to go and told you which cabby to follow. Cash on "delivery". I'm sure it would have been easy to get the share cab back but we wanted to walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're sitting in the theatre waiting for the show to start. Again, very different crowd than we're used to on celebrity. 2 nights In a row and the theatre is rammed! We couldn't get a seat last night for Topper. Which was ok since we left after about a minute of it. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I say different crowd because we're used to the jaded multiple cruisers who don't bother with this stuff. [emoji23][emoji23] I think there are a lot of new celebrity guests, which I imagine was the goal. [emoji12]

Hi, Tony & Julie!

Glad you're enjoying the cruise. Great review! Thanks for posting all the pix of menus, etc. As you know, Kevin & I are sailing the same itinerary in November, so this is really whetting our appetite (pun intended)! Really hope they do the silent disco on our sailing.

Anyway, enjoy to the fullest,

Jill & Kevin

Edited by BocaRoo

Day 4, Sea Day -

8d067f5bb24ef23ff0c54e15c9edb130.jpg4cce46c2ef81a3f64b31b0f726daf130.jpg9528a7c9a9cd44b4ccfd0db76fe0eee8.jpg882766b5ab11538a45c18498bab1593a.jpg

As a sea Day I doubt there will be much to report back, well not until later on I guess,

Currently sat at the pool deck waiting for the sun to appear, it's a bit windy so with that and it only being 7.30am it's a little cool so hopefully once the sun breaks through it will warm up nicely [emoji41]

Dinner last night -

I didn't get any pictures but just wanted to give our opinion on what we had,

I had the duck confit starter & chicken Kiev main course, both were tasty and the duck was very good, the Kiev was tasty as I said but wasn't actually a Kiev... well not one I've seen before anyway...

Julie had the tuna starter & pork fillet main course, she really enjoyed both but said the pork was very good and I should mention it here as she'd recommend it to anyone interested [emoji1303] (just a side note Julie was a little drunk last night so there's a little waiver there if you take the advise and don't like it... [emoji33] [emoji23])

Before I go for now a quick leg/feet picture for you all to enjoy [emoji12]

db1df31a5096c3cb8d803c464d0198d5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't see any chair hogs!!! :confused:

There are a few, I got down at 7 and there were chairs with stuff on that are still the same without people appearing [emoji849]

Yeah hopefully we run into each other. We are going to tuscan tonight at 6. Then will probably hit the martini bar for drink after... then bed. Lol

Tomorrow we will be on deck 14 in the deck chairs close to the mast bar.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

Please go to the Martini Bar and ask for Guillermo Arias,, he's a bar server...the best! Tell him Linda and Lou from the last cruise say Hi. You won't be sorry you've met him!

It does have a small bar & restaurant, it looks like the bar & restaurant are sub let and it's called Jules I think, it also has a small terrace area on the front of the hotel (looking into the street - Collins Avenue)

The hotel have a deal with one of the bed vendors on the beach and the hotel room charge includes a beach bed each, if you want an umbrella they are $15 extra,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you, that is awesome that you were able to use chairs on the beach with your stay.

We are on deck 10,

As for the drink package I guess that depends on the individual but for me I'd alway have the premium package as I like to try all the premium drinks, also not having to sign for anything or keep track is a plus for me [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing the drink menus and the prices I will need the premium package. Thank you so much for sharing all the drink menus.

Day 4, Sea Day -

Julie had the tuna starter & pork fillet main course, she really enjoyed both but said the pork was very good and I should mention it here as she'd recommend it to anyone interested [emoji1303] (just a side note Julie was a little drunk last night so there's a little waiver there if you take the advise and don't like it... [emoji33] [emoji23])

So sounds like I would like the pork, taking her lead it is best paired with something liquidy :D

Thank you so much for your review. My DH and I will be sailing the same itinerary in late October. If you make it up to the fitness center could you let me know how much they are charging for the classes that do have a fee (i.e Spin, Yoga, Zumba). I am surprised to see the extra fee for Zumba. Usually that class is run by the cruise director staff and is free. Thanks so much and enjoy!!!

Day 3 - MDR & Blu Menus -

I d23a748edaa36cdb04e9b33a9066fac0.jpgee75d3038be38f73095e0b5a1d4c2055.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are on the same cruise - I had the Chicken Kiev off of the MDR menu. It was one of the BEST cruise meals I ever had. Not traditional kiev - a big chicken breast fillet, breaded and topped with a garlic butter sauce. Told the waiter that I wished it was available on the everyday part of the menu.

We are on the same cruise - I had the Chicken Kiev off of the MDR menu. It was one of the BEST cruise meals I ever had. Not traditional kiev - a big chicken breast fillet, breaded and topped with a garlic butter sauce. Told the waiter that I wished it was available on the everyday part of the menu.

Yes it was good, but as a big fan of a chicken Kiev it just wasn't what I was expecting, still cleaned the plate though [emoji200][emoji23]

Thank you so much for your review. My DH and I will be sailing the same itinerary in late October. If you make it up to the fitness center could you let me know how much they are charging for the classes that do have a fee (i.e Spin, Yoga, Zumba). I am surprised to see the extra fee for Zumba. Usually that class is run by the cruise director staff and is free. Thanks so much and enjoy!!!

There's a fitness centre... [emoji33][emoji23]

I'll check next time I'm passing [emoji106]

So sounds like I would like the pork, taking her lead it is best paired with something liquidy :D

I'll let the boss confirm but I believe said Boss had a glass (or 2) of the Pinot Noir (cherry tart) with dinner and said it was very good, or maybe she was just drunk [emoji485][emoji485][emoji4]

Ahem, I may have been a little glowy but I'm never drunk. [emoji12]

I got the red wine at the passport bar and just asked in the MDR if they had the same one and they did. No idea if it's on the MDR menu. I found it to be a nice pairing with the pork dish. Nice to find a wine by the glass on the package that isn't overly sugary [emoji106] (it's $13).

We are on the same cruise - I had the Chicken Kiev off of the MDR menu. It was one of the BEST cruise meals I ever had. Not traditional kiev - a big chicken breast fillet, breaded and topped with a garlic butter sauce. Told the waiter that I wished it was available on the everyday part of the menu.[/quote.

We are with you on this cruise and second the fact that the chicken Kiev was terrific (or whatever it was) ! In general the food has been excellent. Food and entertainment has been top notch. Now if only the Internet was improved!

Thanks so much for posting the MDR menus. We are going on the same cruise in October and I want to book just a couple nights of specialty dining. The menus really help get an idea of what we will be missing....or help decide what we won't miss too much. LOL! Keep the great updates coming and keep having fun!!!