Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

So now is that ice? LOL. That looks so good. Do/did you like it?????? Thanks for trying it for me, such hard work during your vacation hahahaha!!!!

Personally I'd say it was better hot, but then I'm not much of a cold coffee fan, but I'm always happy to go that extra mile to help people out [emoji23]

No worries about trying it... feel free to request any flavours of ice cream you might want more info on... or cocktails... or cake... basically anything you can eat or drink [emoji200][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Personally I'd say it was better hot, but then I'm not much of a cold coffee fan, but I'm always happy to go that extra mile to help people out [emoji23]

No worries about trying it... feel free to request any flavours of ice cream you might want more info on... or cocktails... or cake... basically anything you can eat or drink [emoji200][emoji23]

I'm sure you will have some takers on that. Have a great trip!

60fdebf0a4c4edd725db6fdd028cc7f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please can you ask how much the Classis package would be to purchase on board on a 7 day cruise we are doing in July on Equinox (booking it on Monday). Currently it will cost us $630 for 4 of us in a balcony cabin , we will get 2 adult alcohol and 2 soda packs for the kids.

Also stated above is the maximum we can have per day $55? or is the $55 something to do with the 18% gratuities? I'm confused.

We don't really drink much, can we get 1 package for just my husband and I can have the odd cocktail? Or would they see that we were sharing a package and that would be unacceptable?

I suppose they must keep track of what people have otherwise people could buy 1 package and share it between a whole family!!? 😳

Loving your post by the way ❤️

Please can you ask how much the Classis package would be to purchase on board on a 7 day cruise we are doing in July on Equinox (booking it on Monday). Currently it will cost us $630 for 4 of us in a balcony cabin , we will get 2 adult alcohol and 2 soda packs for the kids.

Also stated above is the maximum we can have per day $55? or is the $55 something to do with the 18% gratuities? I'm confused.

We don't really drink much, can we get 1 package for just my husband and I can have the odd cocktail? Or would they see that we were sharing a package and that would be unacceptable?

I suppose they must keep track of what people have otherwise people could buy 1 package and share it between a whole family!!? 😳

The 55 is the cost per day to purchase the classic so x 7 days for you.

I suppose they must keep track of what people have otherwise people could buy 1 package and share it between a whole family!!? [emoji15]

The cost will be the same onboard or before [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thoughts on Chic Night -

Firstly, personally it really dose the bother me what the person next to me at dinner is wearing & never has but I know for some it's a big thing...

With regard to the Chic Night dress code I'd say this was the least dressy night of all the celebrity cruises I've done (11/12 I think? [emoji848]) we saw a couple of tuxedos, 1 kilt & a few dresses but mainly what we saw would have been normal on any other night on our previous cruises, we also saw a lot of people still in shorts etc at the bars all evening so there does seem a chunk of the pax are on for a relaxed non formal cruise, and that's fine and we have also even talked about doing room service/the Buffett a couple of nights [emoji106]

I'd also say the crowd on this cruise didn't seem like the normal celebrity crowd... maybe it's due to the time of year and the first time celebrity has had a ship still servicing the Caribbean or maybe the great deals & prices that were offered once it was announced that it would be in the Caribbean year round... but it does feel like a different crowd vs our other Caribbean cruises with celebrity,

Is it sad that I look at all your beautiful pics and all I focus on is the drinks :cool: That drink with the raspberries ... OMG ... what is that?

I think I may have a problem, thankfully the drink package might cure me.

Edited to add that I am reading the other stuff too. Really I am.

Is it sad that I look at all your beautiful pics and all I focus on is the drinks :cool: That drink with the raspberries ... OMG ... what is that?

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Never.... the drinks are the best part [emoji23]

The raspberry drink was a "Nagasaki Batide" [emoji39][emoji106]

Never.... the drinks are the best part [emoji23]

The raspberry drink was a "Nagasaki Batide" [emoji39][emoji106]

Thank you! And now to show just how sad I am, I had to look that up and yum (though don't know all the ingredients LOL). If anyone else is equally sad and interested, here is the drink recipe.

Nagasaki Batida $9.00

Novo Fogo aged cachaça, lime, raspberry, guava, rooibos tea syrup, tiki bitters

Not sure I would go eat there just for the drink but sure tempting now.

Wow!

Wonderful post. This just makes us want the next 6 months to speed by, as we are not back on the Equinox for the 3rd time till Nov.

At the entrance to the GastroBar they used to have a message board, that was the only place the half price Happy Hour was mentioned, do they still have this?

Also, is the Beer n Food paring still only $20, and offered 2x a cruise?

Thanks so berry much for taking the time to let us be there with you, from afar! :D

EW

I will be following your review. Great so far. Enjoyed our first Celebrity Cruise in March. Actually first cruise ever. We're booked again for next March. My brother Neil, his wife, Elaine & my cousin Ann are on this cruise. Neil has told us how wonderful cruises are for years. Now we're hooked. Following your reviews of Specialty dining too. Hope to try a few other restaurants on our next trip.