Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

So, today has been a bit of a rubbish grey wet day, maybe a bit of a blessing as both of us got a little too much sun in Grand Cayman yesterday so today has given our red glows a chance to mellow a little so we are ready to hit the beach tomorrow [emoji41]

It looks like we are due better weather tomorrow for our day in Aruba [emoji106]we are going to eagle beach for the afternoon/early evening so finger crossed the day stays dry and the seas are calm,

I've just been reading that eagle beach @ Aruba is a popular spot for turtles to lay their eggs and this happens in the late afternoon/evening between March - July and hatch around 60 days later... it would be amazing to witness either of the processes but I guess you have to be very lucky to be at the right place at the right time... especially if you are only there for one day/night, still I'll keep my eyes open just in case [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, today has been a bit of a rubbish grey wet day, maybe a bit of a blessing as both of us got a little too much sun in Grand Cayman yesterday so today has given our red glows a chance to mellow a little so we are ready to hit the beach tomorrow [emoji41]

It looks like we are due better weather tomorrow for our day in Aruba [emoji106]we are going to eagle beach for the afternoon/early evening so finger crossed the day stays dry and the seas are calm,

I've just been reading that eagle beach @ Aruba is a popular spot for turtles to lay their eggs and this happens in the late afternoon/evening between March - July and hatch around 60 days later... it would be amazing to witness either of the processes but I guess you have to be very lucky to be at the right place at the right time... especially if you are only there for one day/night, still I'll keep my eyes open just in case [emoji4]

We are plannkng on going there also. Are you taking the city bus or a cab? We haven't been there before and this will be the first time we do any sort of excursion not through the ship. Also it was great to finally meet you guys bu the pool today.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

We are on the same cruise - I had the Chicken Kiev off of the MDR menu. It was one of the BEST cruise meals I ever had. Not traditional kiev - a big chicken breast fillet, breaded and topped with a garlic butter sauce. Told the waiter that I wished it was available on the everyday part of the menu.[/quote.

We are with you on this cruise and second the fact that the chicken Kiev was terrific (or whatever it was) ! In general the food has been excellent. Food and entertainment has been top notch. Now if only the Internet was improved!

We need to start a chicken Kiev fan club... [emoji23]

I agree regarding the food, I've really enjoyed all that I've ate so far and sure that will continue [emoji39] we are at Tuscan tonight so I'm looking forward to that [emoji106] but I am a little disappointed they took the chocolate fondue off the menu as that was one of my favourite desserts on the ship [emoji26]

We are plannkng on going there also. Are you taking the city bus or a cab? We haven't been there before and this will be the first time we do any sort of excursion not through the ship. Also it was great to finally meet you guys bu the pool today.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

We are unsure as to the mode of transport, but whatever option it's very easy to get there, we are heading down to the martini bar now so if you get this pop along and we can discuss [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both side of the closet are the same, a small shallow shelf at the top, hanging rail along the top & a pull out part but it's not a solid shelf it's more like more hanging space I guess?

5038a3299362f61e0f13c69213bd9cc2.jpgd4f9feab1a944927606ba40e07c3c131.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to take the picture and post I guess I'll have to bring my hanging thingy.

We're in our mid 70's:( will we be in the minority?

Your review is the best and you two are one nice looking couple.

Thank you so much for such an in-depth review. Since we will be on Equinox on Oct 6, we very much appreciate seeing all the Blu menus. They have changed the menus a bit. Also, since we will have the premium drink package, it is good to get a look at what we can order. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to take the picture and post I guess I'll have to bring my hanging thingy.

"You don't stop laughing when you grow old, You grow old when you stop laughing" GBS

Loving your review thank you Mr T

Royal Palm Continue -

1fdc098fb0eaf52da0e1a93c665d844a.jpgef90fb612c0eb66bb5f25b5f4ccce728.jpg4d8b2637b993761e14b89a52f94cc4ec.jpg6d96371cf1559802ce6d7b3728afb07c.jpg

Hi - So cab was cheap and easy to Royal Palm... Does Royal Palm have a cost or you go in and its a day resort - you buy food and drink, and rent chairs and umbrellas? Cost for 2 chairs and umbrella was $39 - that's it you don't need to buy anything else if you don't want to? Looks like a nice place with facilities. Thanks for your review!

There's a good mix of age groups on this cruise, I'd say there would be plenty in the 70 +- age group on most celebrity cruises [emoji1303]

"You don't stop laughing when you grow old, You grow old when you stop laughing" GBS

Loving your review thank you Mr T

Thanks British Lady [emoji1303]

Hi - So cab was cheap and easy to Royal Palm... Does Royal Palm have a cost or you go in and its a day resort - you buy food and drink, and rent chairs and umbrellas? Cost for 2 chairs and umbrella was $39 - that's it you don't need to buy anything else if you don't want to? Looks like a nice place with facilities. Thanks for your review!

Yes very easy, $4 each for the taxi each way [emoji1303]

We paid $39 for 2 chairs & 1 umbrella, they have a good menu of food and cocktails, we had a couple of cocktails which were good but didn't try the food, but what we saw did look and smell great [emoji4]

ca0237848f551543deeece67f599e730.jpg7407f5a16fbae564a2b00b244cb1d977.jpg

If you do go and plan to eat/drink off the menu just note the part at the bottom which states the prices are in Cayman dollars and the US dollar is at 1.25 per $1 Cayman dollar

Yes very easy, $4 each for the taxi each way [emoji1303]

We paid $39 for 2 chairs & 1 umbrella, they have a good menu of food and cocktails, we had a couple of cocktails which were good but didn't try the food, but what we saw did look and smell great [emoji4]

ca0237848f551543deeece67f599e730.jpg7407f5a16fbae564a2b00b244cb1d977.jpg

If you do go and plan to eat/drink off the menu just note the part at the bottom which states the prices are in Cayman dollars and the US dollar is at 1.25 per $1 Cayman dollar

Love the Royal Palms on GC

Just to clarify, you pay a small fee to get in but then there was zero pressure to buy anything. We were only charged for the chairs and umbrella, so maybe they wave the entry fee if you rent a Chair/umbrella combo. Nice bathrooms, nice pool (though no free loungers around them), no hassle from any vendors or wait staff. Free cold water as well. Only thing that would have made it 100% perfect is if the chairs were more spread out. There's so much open beach, shame to be all cramped in one little spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app