Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

Thoughts on Chic Night -

Firstly, personally it really dose the bother me what the person next to me at dinner is wearing & never has but I know for some it's a big thing...

With regard to the Chic Night dress code I'd say this was the least dressy night of all the celebrity cruises I've done (11/12 I think? [emoji848]) we saw a couple of tuxedos, 1 kilt & a few dresses but mainly what we saw would have been normal on any other night on our previous cruises, we also saw a lot of people still in shorts etc at the bars all evening so there does seem a chunk of the pax are on for a relaxed non formal cruise, and that's fine and we have also even talked about doing room service/the Buffett a couple of nights [emoji106]

I'd also say the crowd on this cruise didn't seem like the normal celebrity crowd... maybe it's due to the time of year and the first time celebrity has had a ship still servicing the Caribbean or maybe the great deals & prices that were offered once it was announced that it would be in the Caribbean year round... but it does feel like a different crowd vs our other Caribbean cruises with celebrity,

How dressy was chic night? We're on the Equinox in Dec (not over the holidays) and I usually go all out - long dress, lots of bling, heels, the works. It's pretty much the only chance I ever get to really dress up. But I don't want to be the ONLY person dressed up, that just feels odd.

I used to make my husband wear a suit and tie, but last time I let him drop the tie. Were a lot of men in jackets/blazers, or were they even more casual?

How dressy was chic night? We're on the Equinox in Dec (not over the holidays) and I usually go all out - long dress, lots of bling, heels, the works. It's pretty much the only chance I ever get to really dress up. But I don't want to be the ONLY person dressed up, that just feels odd.

I used to make my husband wear a suit and tie, but last time I let him drop the tie. Were a lot of men in jackets/blazers, or were they even more casual?

Not very, a few tuxedos etc but only a few, most I'd say was casual with again a few jackets/ties etc,

Personally I like it this was as I'm a shirt & dark jeans kind of guy [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I will be following your review. Great so far. Enjoyed our first Celebrity Cruise in March. Actually first cruise ever. We're booked again for next March. My brother Neil, his wife, Elaine & my cousin Ann are on this cruise. Neil has told us how wonderful cruises are for years. Now we're hooked. Following your reviews of Specialty dining too. Hope to try a few other restaurants on our next trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, we've met a Neil & Elaine on a few past cruises and I believe they might be the same people as I know the ones we've met are onboard this cruise also [emoji106]

Thank you! And now to show just how sad I am, I had to look that up and yum (though don't know all the ingredients LOL). If anyone else is equally sad and interested, here is the drink recipe.

Nagasaki Batida $9.00

Novo Fogo aged cachaça, lime, raspberry, guava, rooibos tea syrup, tiki bitters

Not sure I would go eat there just for the drink but sure tempting now.

I'm sure you could just go for the drink [emoji106]

If you go could you comment on the shade at the glass show? Is there any or should I pack some long sleeves (for August in the Caribbean UGH) for during the show? I don't mind getting there early to get a place in the shade, but I literally burn at the mention of sun.

If you go could you comment on the shade at the glass show? Is there any or should I pack some long sleeves (for August in the Caribbean UGH) for during the show? I don't mind getting there early to get a place in the shade, but I literally burn at the mention of sun.

I walked by yesterday afternoon and it looked like most of it was in the shade so if you go early you will be fine [emoji106]

Grand Cayman Day -

So we decided to do room service today as we didn't want to tackle the buffet as we were in port early and just thought it would be a little more civilised, we ordered before going to bed for 7.30am-8am and it arrived around 7.40 so all good [emoji4]

Last night on returning to the cabin we did have a message from the captains club lady telling us that they were offering priority tendering and if we wanted it we should go to ensemble lounge between 7-10am and she would take us down, we headed down around 8 and there was no line at all so we just walked straight on so no need for the c/c priority service for us [emoji106]🏻

The port tenders were being used which I guess made sense as we were the only ship in port which was amazing and completely different to our last visit when there was 5 ships in and the place was like a zoo,

We decided a while ago we would go to the Royal Palm Beach Club so just jumped into a shared taxi and off we went, the taxi was $4 each, it was only a 5 min ride in the taxi so again all good, we rented 2 chairs/beds and 1 umbrella and it cost $39, the beds were right next to the water and we actually had to move them back a little as the waves were coming right around the beds at first,

The Palm Beach place was very nice and had a lovely (but small) pool that has a swim up bar, we didn't eat there but the food did look & smell very good, we did have a cocktail and they were very good indeed,

We decided to walk back and was able to do most of it along the beach, there is a section that looks like you can't continue but there are actually flat rocks placed around the corner that guilds you around the bend and back to sanding Beach [emoji106]🏻 we did end up walking through one of the resorts to get back to the road, in all with a couple of picture stops it took 45 mins to get back to the ship which we thought was ok, hot but ok

Again no queue for the return tender so straight on and back in no time, now chilling out in the cabin before getting ready for dinner which tonight will be the MDR [emoji4]

I'll post some pics shortly as I'm charging up the phone with them on [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

9ba36a3cd810894f0e15799203bb05c9.jpg

This is what we wore last night for evening chic, we went to Silk Harvest

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Forums mobile app

You look great! Love that colour. Can't believe we haven't bumped into you two yet, we must keep different cruise schedules. [emoji23]

Based on our 90 min or so in the martini bar last night, I'd estimate maybe 15% of ladies were very dressed up. The rest ranged from less dressy than I'd wear on a regular night [emoji23], to a nice effort but not formal. As for men, a few jackets, some with a tie but most not, and lots with no jackets. I would say that for anyone on upcoming cruises on Equinox, you can get away with whatever you want. Wear what makes you happy and live and let live or it'll drive you mad. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You look great! Love that colour. Can't believe we haven't bumped into you two yet, we must keep different cruise schedules. [emoji23]

Based on our 90 min or so in the martini bar last night, I'd estimate maybe 15% of ladies were very dressed up. The rest ranged from less dressy than I'd wear on a regular night [emoji23], to a nice effort but not formal. As for men, a few jackets, some with a tie but most not, and lots with no jackets. I would say that for anyone on upcoming cruises on Equinox, you can get away with whatever you want. Wear what makes you happy and live and let live or it'll drive you mad. [emoji12]

Yeah hopefully we run into each other. We are going to tuscan tonight at 6. Then will probably hit the martini bar for drink after... then bed. Lol

Tomorrow we will be on deck 14 in the deck chairs close to the mast bar.

Yeah hopefully we run into each other. We are going to tuscan tonight at 6. Then will probably hit the martini bar for drink after... then bed. Lol

Tomorrow we will be on deck 14 in the deck chairs close to the mast bar.

Aah, that explains it - we drink first then eat. [emoji23]

We're in Tuscan tomorrow night.

Enjoy!

Royal Palm Continue -

f4ae4e6b3268e1e9f77693f82ae45195.jpga8d0fda7c0f37a1d84164636bd5631da.jpgd7ffbd382173b86ac235f60598e5e1c4.jpg4779b57d494f2cd0f2085f9fb7430073.jpg

Cayman Colada [emoji39]

cee03bb4b8c30945287b578715a9c8ee.jpg

Nutty Banana Something [emoji848][emoji39]

8a2a09c6c75a27b366c0fc2517ca312e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Chic Night -

8a5c0eacaa5958fb2af46f975e077791.jpg5f3b0c948784cf6f85958b93ca9b9420.jpg276057b375b07ce698e184d00f5648ff.jpg00226f2765f203771788ef1cfedf366b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you gave up the Arsenal shirt for chic night....:)....loving your review...we board when you get off.....don't want to remind you of that day....hope you guys continue to have a blast....and thanks for all the info.....loving the menus because I want to decide when to eat at the specialty restaurants and knowing the menu before will be a huge help....

How did you get over to Royal Palms? I love the pictures! Did you try any of the food?

He said they took a cab there $4.00 each shared and walked back about 45 mins for the return walk..and they didn't try any food, but it smelled good.........