Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

Wondering how late the hot tubs are open? On the Reflection they closed around 7 I believe.

PS. Our team won the other night - yeah!

Yes I saw that [emoji106]🏻 one of the reasons I always have the internet package is my need to know what's going on at all times with the scores [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for this review, as we are getting on the Equinox this Sunday, but with a different itinerary than you. No ABC islands this time for us. BUT we are going to Bonaire in January and have booked the Woodwind . The big issue we had was no cover on the boat. My wife can't take the direct sun and heat very long. We do snorkel on most of our trips, but the Cats have always some shade inside. We will have to rethink this, even though our friends have always recommended this trip and reviews are mainly good.

Joe

We booked with Woodwind 3 years ago in Bonaire, and enjoyed it. This time they were sold out. We have lots of shipboard credit so took the "Double dip snorkel" on the Seacow, and it was even better. There is shade on the boat, easier to get in and out, excellent crew & equipment, went to 2 different snorkel spots with 45 minutes in the water at each.

We booked with Woodwind 3 years ago in Bonaire, and enjoyed it. This time they were sold out. We have lots of shipboard credit so took the "Double dip snorkel" on the Seacow, and it was even better. There is shade on the boat, easier to get in and out, excellent crew & equipment, went to 2 different snorkel spots with 45 minutes in the water at each.

It's rare that a ship excursion beats private but that sounds much better. File away in the next time category. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I may have to reconsider for my upcoming sailing. Thank you for the feedback. It's nice to have actual feedback from a ship excursion.

Not sure if Celebrity ever had reviews for excursions in the cruise planner but RCCL did for a short while. I'm assuming they stopped because there were too many negative reviews.

A little recap of day 1...

Arrived at the port around 10.15, on the ship just after 11 [emoji1303] the whole process was handled very well from our experience but I did hear/read things were a little busier later in the day with long lines in the rain [emoji33]

We went to the concierge lunch and it was nice, a nice calm way to start the cruise away from the mad house that is the buffet,

Cabins were ready around 1pm so that was good [emoji4] my case arrived around 1.15 but Julies only turned up when we got back from the drill,

Our drill (C2) was in the ensemble lounge and we were lucky to get seats close to the exit (we arrived 15 mins early)

I spent the afternoon exploring the bars etc to get some info and then got ready for dinner, we had a great meal in Murano with great service from both Nedad & Nenad! Yes both members of staff had the same name [emoji23]again a great way to start the cruise,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for all the information, we are on this cruise May 26th.

Have you had a chance to go to any of the evening shows in the main theater? This is our first cruise with Celebrity our last 3 cruises were with NCL and their theaters had the worst seating of any of our cruises. The seats were so uncomfortable, small & crammed together I'm hoping Celebrity's are better. If you went what did you think?

Have you had a chance to go to any of the evening shows in the main theater? This is our first cruise with Celebrity our last 3 cruises were with NCL and their theaters had the worst seating of any of our cruises. The seats were so uncomfortable, small & crammed together I'm hoping Celebrity's are better. If you went what did you think?

Funny enough I'm sat in there now waiting for the show tonight, we are not generally show people so this is our one & only show of the cruise,

The seats in here are very good, I'm 6.2 and have plenty of room, there also quite comfortable too so all good [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Dinner tonight was in the MDR, again we had great food & the service was good too, so that's 3 out of 3 good nights in the MDR [emoji106]

Julie had the spring roll, lobster ravioli & the beef brochettes,

I had the spring roll also, chicken soup & the veal,

We both had the chocolate lava cake... omg... a must for any chocolate fans out there [emoji200][emoji39]

Julie had the cherry tart red wine again and wanted to mention it was very good with her meal.... [emoji849] wine... [emoji849][emoji23]

Heading on the Equinox on October (doing the 11 nighter), and, your review has just added to the growing excitement.

Thanks for taking the pictures of all the bar menus, and, the MDR, and, speciality restaurant menus. Looking forward to trying some new adult beverages, and, a few nights in a speciality restaurant!

Susan :)

Swung by on the way back to the cabin and put another $20 in and returned $55... not going to retire on it but any plus is a good plus in my book [emoji23][emoji106]🏻

No such thing as a bad profit!! #LetItRide

#Equinox7-16-17

I've done a couple in the past so as I have the Internet package as part of the cruise I thought I'd jump in again to do another live review for this trip,

If anyone has any questions please ask and I'll do my best to answer/find the info [emoji106]

We've cruise celebrity a few times now and did the Equinox before and loved it very much and I'm sure this will also be another great trip,

We are flying into Fort Lauderdale later this morning from Montreal, then picking up a car & driving to our Miami south Beach hotel (via the Cheesecake Factory [emoji513][emoji200]) for 2 nights before we board [emoji51]

we are doing same cruise the end of this month Enjoy

Just to mention we are not normally show people so tonight was the first one we went to on this cruise as we do like comedy so just thought why not [emoji4]

It was a guy called James Stephens lll, he is a multi talented act with comedy as his main contribution, along with singing, impressions & piano playing,

He was very good and we both enjoyed his humour a lot, he sang well and his impressions were very good also, so for anyone that has him on their cruise I'd recommend going to see him for a good show [emoji106]🏻