Celebrity Equinox 5th May 2017 Live Review

MR_T

The heavy emphasis on duck, lamb and lobster is making me rethink our Aqua reservation for October .... I prefer the older menus [emoji22]which had much more that appealed to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is always the everyday menu or the buffet for dinner.

The heavy emphasis on duck, lamb and lobster is making me rethink our Aqua reservation for October .... I prefer the older menus [emoji22]which had much more that appealed to me.

So the last night is upon us and we are now pretty much packed & ready for the walk off option in the morning... a couple of last day info pics and that's nearly it... [emoji22]

8944c4fdf71a7d1ec6a237213ab69e19.jpg07730a384b53ce2d3b63715627357e19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks to you and your beautiful wife!!! What an amazing ride! It makes us even more excited for our Equinox cruise coming up soon. Have a wonderful time on your next cruise. (I can't remember which ship though). Will you be doing a "live" review on that ship also?

I would say I feel your pain... last night of a cruise. [emoji24] But I remembered you are flying to another cruise, are you not?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am indeed so it's not all bad, sadly though I have to say goodbye to my gorgeous girlfriend later today as she has to fly home to earn the money for the next trip [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many thanks to you and your beautiful wife!!! What an amazing ride! It makes us even more excited for our Equinox cruise coming up soon. Have a wonderful time on your next cruise. (I can't remember which ship though). Will you be doing a "live" review on that ship also?

My next cruise is on NCL Epic, I doubt I'd do a review on that as it's just a quick getaway for some more sun in the Mediterranean, plus as I'll be on my own I don't plan on doing anything as I've been to most of the ports before so just going to relax on the ship [emoji41]

So that was the best disembarkation ever, announced at 6.45am that they were ready for walk off so we left the cabin & headed down so join the queue but there wasn't one and only a handful of people ahead of us so walked straight off, straight through customs/immigration and in a cab to the airport just before 7am [emoji106]

Car picked up for the day and just stopped at the Aventura Mall near FLL,

I drop Julie off at FLL around midday then I head to Miami to get my evening flight to London before heading to Rome to join the NCL Epic for a week,

I know I know, it's a hard life but someone has to do it [emoji12][emoji41]

I'll write a end of cruise review a little later so for now I just wanted to say thank you for all the comments etc and if there's any outstanding questions please feel free to let me know and I'll try to do my best to reply [emoji4]

Thank you so much! We have been on several cruises with RC and are exited to try Celebrity for the first time May 14th. Your posts have helped us a great deal. So appreciative.

No problem, we are also booked on the May 14th cruise next year, looking forward to it a lot after a great cruise this time [emoji106]

Thank you for the very well written informative review. One question, why immigration in Key West? Is it because you went to foreign ports before stopping there?

I guess so, don't quite understand it but it was very easy [emoji106]🏻

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So that was the best disembarkation ever, announced at 6.45am that they were ready for walk off so we left the cabin & headed down so join the queue but there wasn't one and only a handful of people ahead of us so walked straight off, straight through customs/immigration and in a cab to the airport just before 7am [emoji106]

We had the same experience today. I couldn't even believe it. We just waltzed off Equinox when our tag number was called and our bags were right there on the carousel waiting for us. We were out in a jiffy long before we had asked our limo to pick us up. In fifty cruises I don't think we have ever had a better debarkation.

Thank you for the very well written informative review. One question, why immigration in Key West? Is it because you went to foreign ports before stopping there?

We've done this several times on cruises that stop in Key West after the ship has called on any foreign ports, even if it is only one. My understanding is that this is required in the first American port after a foreign port. It even happened to us once in St Thomas after we had called on Nassau first in the cruise.

Was it hard to get a nice table for two in the MDR the 3 times you dined there? Do you have any recommendations for a location so we don't end up with one 8" from the next table? Did you ask for the same wait staff each time?

There is always the everyday menu or the buffet for dinner.

Not eating at the buffet if we're paying all that money for Aqua though. Can we get any main dining room food served to us in Aqua? The last two times in Blu there were tons of things I liked. I will just have soup, salad and appetizers if none of the other dishes appeal to me , bit everything seems to be ruined with goat cheese, lamb, lobster or duck with the new menu. [emoji50][emoji23]

Any chance of helping with a page number? LOL

Been through twice, and can't find the menu!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

6e5f0ac57e4c3733791088b2e66662a2.png

I guess unless you know it it's not easy as I didn't get the name... [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk