If Only.....

vlynn

I see all the new ships being built lately and they keep getting bigger with a ton of stuff but they also end up being more crowded and costing more onboard.

So if you could talk to Carnival about their next ship..what if only would you ask for?

Mine would be if only they would build another Spirit Class ship, keeping it simple, with bigger pools and comedy club, perhaps more adult focused.

Personally, I would love that! Who else would love this? Or what would your IF ONLY be?

:D

Small ships cost alot more per passenger to operate. Princess and HAL both have small ships that are about double the cost per day as cruises on their larger ships that's why there is the trend to the larger ships.

Can you expand on this and provide more information?

IF ONLY

Follow the money. If there was money to be made building smaller ships or marketing ships for adults only,,,, then you can bet there would be smaller ships for adults only being built.

Options available.

1. Keep wishing

2. Speak with your money and stop cruising until a company fulfills your needs.

3. Speak with your money, develop a business plan, solicit investors, build your own cruise line that only has small ships for adults only to fill this market that you speak of.

We enjoyed our Carnival cruises, especially the ones taken on the Ecstasy. I agree with the OP that small ships would be great and "keeping it simple, with bigger pools and comedy club, perhaps more adult focused" is a wonderful concept.

I totally expected the replies about other cruise lines if you like small ships and yes I know this and you are correct.

The Pride IMHO is the perfect ship. Love the size, the passenger to space ratio, the serenity deck with the pool and hot tub. I just know that one day they will retire her and I will be sad. :loudcry:

Still...lol. I will cruise the Pride until they retire her I guess and try Princess and HAL when the price is right.

It really was a wish list and I have enjoyed hearing the other suggestions that are more realistic perhaps than mine. Keep them coming.

And I am not offended by the posts pretty much telling me I am "not too bright" or "should start my own line". Tee Hee. I can take it. Anybody want to be an investment partner with me? lol

IF ONLY

Follow the money. If there was money to be made building smaller ships or marketing ships for adults only,,,, then you can bet there would be smaller ships for adults only being built.

Options available.

1. Keep wishing

2. Speak with your money and stop cruising until a company fulfills your needs.

3. Speak with your money, develop a business plan, solicit investors, build your own cruise line that only has small ships for adults only to fill this market that you speak of.

More geared towards adults is not adult only. No where did the OP say adult only.

Med. sized ship ! Larger adult areas w/ NO KIDS allowed anywhere. (Pool included) Don't get me wrong, my kids grew up on carnival ships. I don't mind the kids but adults need there own space. More to do on sea days. MORE LIVE MUSIC ! LESS TRIVIA ! Not everyone is a trivia fan. Larger comedy area that everyone could fit in.

Same reasoning why it's cheaper to build a two story house than a single story house.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see all the new ships being built lately and they keep getting bigger with a ton of stuff but they also end up being more crowded and costing more onboard.

So if you could talk to Carnival about their next ship..what if only would you ask for?

Mine would be if only they would build another Spirit Class ship, keeping it simple, with bigger pools and comedy club, perhaps more adult focused.

Personally, I would love that! Who else would love this? Or what would your IF ONLY be?

:D

I would ask them to build another ship, starting with the Breeze, with the following modifications/changes:

1. Expand the Cloud 9 Spa to include a more tradition hot tub (and keep it at 102*) in addition to the current T-Pool (which isn't very hot..but was told it was not suppose to be).

2. Modify the schedules in the main theatre so the comedians can perform there.

3. Convert the comedy club area into a 24-hour food-court where you could get finger foods, light snacks, drinks, etc 24-hours a day.

The small ships that came to mind, and typical cost per person per night for INSIDE cabin

HAL Prinsendam $174

HAL Massdam $126

Pacific Princess $185

And those are older ships. Only a couple of lines still build small new ships. Oceania is one.

I would love to be wrong, I like those small ships.

More late night food options

Larger pools

No smoking for entire ship

Definitely better seating for comedy

No more ships with the deck (deck 5?) that you look down on from your balcony like on the Magic and I assume it's the same on the Breeze and Dream and maybe the Vista? I hated looking straight down onto that deck. It was so much nicer on the Liberty when I looked straight down from my balcony it was straight down to the ocean.

More efficient Muster Drill on some ships. Being packed in like sardines in the middle of summer heat in Galveston Texas with little to no air moving was pure torture. (Liberty).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Med. sized ship ! Larger adult areas w/ NO KIDS allowed anywhere. (Pool included) Don't get me wrong, my kids grew up on carnival ships. I don't mind the kids but adults need there own space. More to do on sea days. MORE LIVE MUSIC ! LESS TRIVIA ! Not everyone is a trivia fan. Larger comedy area that everyone could fit in.

EXACTLY what I would say, and my kids grew up on Carnival as well!