Celebrity Favorite Foods

Cancruizer

Thanks for so many replies! Lots of great stuff to try. My hubby loves onion soup so he'll be thrilled to hear it's good. Definitely will try burgers poolside, escargots in mdr, mousse and pastries in al bacio. For those that mentioned the toasted almond frozen drink, do you know if it is included in the classic bev. Package? I've had it as a martini on princess and loved it!

Oh my! Are the waffles found on the buffet?

Yes waffles ate at the buffet and if you can get them when they come out they really are just fantastic. Big, thick, and fluffy waffles that taste great make for a great morning.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app

Yes waffles ate at the buffet and if you can get them when they come out they really are just fantastic. Big, thick, and fluffy waffles that taste great make for a great morning.

Especially when you can get one of those kind, wonderful, and generous folks from Canada to bring along some of their 100% pure maple syrup. :cool: :p

Especially when you can get one of those kind, wonderful, and generous folks from Canada to bring along some of their 100% pure maple syrup. :cool: :p

I bought some last time I went up north and have half a bottle left and can't seem to use because I don't want to run out. I have no current plans to go back to Canada, but I may need to do a syrup run.

If you were sailing on July 7 I would definitely bring some for you! Thanks for the food recommendations - so looking forward to Celebrity!

Oh yes, I forgot about the burgers!! Amaaaaazing. I dont usually like burgers but they are just incredible.

The burgers come from Sysco/US Foods. We use the same burgers on our catering cookouts. They are very good, but NOT homemade. Surprise!

And what's wrong with our New England Maple syrup?? It's all the same! There was a big scandal a few years back when syrup from Quebec was watered down before export. Caused a real scandal up there!

I like the Israeli couscous vegetarian meal, and I'm not a vegetarian, I just like couscous. One time, though, it was billed as Israeli couscous and it was regular couscous. Ok but not as good. I alway get my dessert with a scoop of ice cream on the side, even when it is ice cream - for instance I choose the fruity flavor or chocolate with a side of vanilla - because everything goes better with ice cream (unless you can't eat ice cream).

I like the dark bread that is sometimes available in the bread basket. One thing I didn't like on the Summit in 2014 (so if the same chef is there, don't order it) is the Moroccan Lamb Shank with harissa and Moroccan spices. 1) it was over cooked. 2) there were no Moroccan spices. 3) there was no harissa and our waiter had no idea what harissa was. His excuse for 2 was that "not everyone likes Moroccan spices" - which was ridiculous because you wouldn't order it if you didn't like or know what were Moroccan spices, and they should simply bill it as lamb shank. The lack of harissa - I don't understand, they think people won't notice? Anyway, that was the main menu disappointment for me on the Summit. A few months later we were on I think Equinox and it was on the menu again - different chef - much better meal. It wasn't overcooked, the spices were discernible and they had the harissa.

I like the Israeli couscous vegetarian meal, and I'm not a vegetarian, I just like couscous. One time, though, it was billed as Israeli couscous and it was regular couscous. Ok but not as good. I alway get my dessert with a scoop of ice cream on the side, even when it is ice cream - for instance I choose the fruity flavor or chocolate with a side of vanilla - because everything goes better with ice cream (unless you can't eat ice cream).

I like the dark bread that is sometimes available in the bread basket. One thing I didn't like on the Summit in 2014 (so if the same chef is there, don't order it) is the Moroccan Lamb Shank with harissa and Moroccan spices. 1) it was over cooked. 2) there were no Moroccan spices. 3) there was no harissa and our waiter had no idea what harissa was. His excuse for 2 was that "not everyone likes Moroccan spices" - which was ridiculous because you wouldn't order it if you didn't like or know what were Moroccan spices, and they should simply bill it as lamb shank. The lack of harissa - I don't undthes later we were on I think Equinox and it was on the menu again - different chef - much better meal. It wasn't overcooked, the spices were discernible and they had the harissa.

We clearly have the same taste in food! Ice cream with every dessert, check. Dark bread in bread basket, my favorite! And I like the lamb shank and couscous dishes as well.

In general I think Celebrity does very well with the red meat dishes, and not so well with the poultry dishes. Some of the seafood dishes are excellent IMO and some are not good at all. I usually enjoy the salmon and tuna entrees. The lobster, not so much, but I live in the lobster capital of the US in the summer so I know I'm spoiled! I've found that asking the waiter for his/her opinion and following it is usually a good move. I don't always take their suggestion, but they generally give you a couple choices that are good and they certainly know which dishes tend to disappoint their passengers! I tend to stay away from pasta dishes on a cruise because there is just SO much food that adding pasta on top seems like way too much, so they might be wonderful but I don't know!

I've ordered the salad entree in Blu a number of times and generally it's been disappointing--often not even what I would call a salad. But it's veggies and protein so a good choice if you're trying to keep the carbs at bay.

On the dessert front, the creme brulee (of any variety) and the chocolate cake from the "always available" dessert menu are great, and I love the different apple tarts/pies/cakes--with ice cream of course! Or stop by Cafe al Bacio and get a selection of a few different desserts there--they are small, it's okay! :) (Their almond, chocolate and nutella croissants are all fantastic as well, but you need to get there in the morning for those.)

And another vote here for the french onion soup! I tend to like their hot soups in Blu, not so often in the MDR, and not at all in Oceanview. Cold soups have no appeal for me.

In Oceanview I like the variety on the salad bar though I am not over-fond of the dressings. The breads are excellent--grab the sticky buns when they have them in Oceanview or Cafe al Bacio--yum! And I like some of the prepared salads a lot--some I avoid though--just take a tour through the selection at lunch/dinner and figure out which appeal. And if I'm in Oceanview for breakfast it's because I'm having eggs benedict--love them, usually the traditional but I like the Mexican too. I also love the variety of cut-up fresh fruit they always have in Oceanview.

This is a bad thread for me to read and reply to as I'm on a diet to try to drop the 8 lbs. I gained on my transatlantic cruise! Now I'm really hungry!

I was going to say the Canadian bacon at breakfast in the Oceanview cafe, but perhaps this not what OP wanted to hear as they are from Montreal!

Lol, our joke in our family is that we never see "Canadian Bacon" here - we have always wondered why it is called this... maybe in the ROC :-)

I like the dark bread that is sometimes available in the bread basket. One thing I didn't like on the Summit in 2014 (so if the same chef is there, don't order it) is the Moroccan Lamb Shank with harissa and Moroccan spices. 1) it was over cooked. 2) there were no Moroccan spices. 3) there was no harissa and our waiter had no idea what harissa was. His excuse for 2 was that "not everyone likes Moroccan spices" - which was ridiculous because you wouldn't order it if you didn't like or know what were Moroccan spices, and they should simply bill it as lamb shank. The lack of harissa - I don't understand, they think people won't notice? Anyway, that was the main menu disappointment for me on the Summit. A few months later we were on I think Equinox and it was on the menu again - different chef - much better meal. It wasn't overcooked, the spices were discernible and they had the harissa.

Thanks for the recommendations. I probably wouldn't have thought of ordering Israeli Couscous, but perhaps I will like it as I love veg meals.

We clearly have the same taste in food! Ice cream with every dessert, check. Dark bread in bread basket, my favorite! And I like the lamb shank and couscous dishes as well.

In general I think Celebrity does very well with the red meat dishes, and not so well with the poultry dishes. Some of the seafood dishes are excellent IMO and some are not good at all. I usually enjoy the salmon and tuna entrees. The lobster, not so much, but I live in the lobster capital of the US in the summer so I know I'm spoiled! I've found that asking the waiter for his/her opinion and following it is usually a good move. I don't always take their suggestion, but they generally give you a couple choices that are good and they certainly know which dishes tend to disappoint their passengers! I tend to stay away from pasta dishes on a cruise because there is just SO much food that adding pasta on top seems like way too much, so they might be wonderful but I don't know!

I've ordered the salad entree in Blu a number of times and generally it's been disappointing--often not even what I would call a salad. But it's veggies and protein so a good choice if you're trying to keep the carbs at bay.

On the dessert front, the creme brulee (of any variety) and the chocolate cake from the "always available" dessert menu are great, and I love the different apple tarts/pies/cakes--with ice cream of course! Or stop by Cafe al Bacio and get a selection of a few different desserts there--they are small, it's okay! :) (Their almond, chocolate and nutella croissants are all fantastic as well, but you need to get there in the morning for those.)

And another vote here for the french onion soup! I tend to like their hot soups in Blu, not so often in the MDR, and not at all in Oceanview. Cold soups have no appeal for me.

In Oceanview I like the variety on the salad bar though I am not over-fond of the dressings. The breads are excellent--grab the sticky buns when they have them in Oceanview or Cafe al Bacio--yum! And I like some of the prepared salads a lot--some I avoid though--just take a tour through the selection at lunch/dinner and figure out which appeal. And if I'm in Oceanview for breakfast it's because I'm having eggs benedict--love them, usually the traditional but I like the Mexican too. I also love the variety of cut-up fresh fruit they always have in Oceanview.

This is a bad thread for me to read and reply to as I'm on a diet to try to drop the 8 lbs. I gained on my transatlantic cruise! Now I'm really hungry!

Love salmon, eggs benedict and creme brulee!!! Thanks, will try. The OV has an outdoor area, right? I'm looking forward to eating there, looks pretty. I too am being careful what I eat for now :-)

Lol, our joke in our family is that we never see "Canadian Bacon" here - we have always wondered why it is called this... maybe in the ROC :-)

ROC???

Perhaps it's a sweet cure including maple syrup. When cruising with my parents, my Dad and I have spent several happy hours planning how we might 'kidnap' a side of this bacon to take home. Just our favourite. The so-called 'English' bacon seems nothing like we get at home and we are happy to leave it in the ship!

I am not much of a bread eater but love the dark bread in the bread basket. On our Equinox cruise last November I joked to the assistant waiter, Joseph, about missing the dark bread the night before. From then on we had half of our bread basket filled with it each night. It was both a curse and a blessing because I felt obligated to have at least one piece every night but didn't want to fill up on it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We will be on our first Celebrity cruise in June and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thread. We usually sail Royal and I have been DROOLING over the photos of Cafe Al Baccio treats, while trying to diet. I will be trying some of the suggestions from all of you. I can't tell you how happy I am to see the French onion soup available every night. My Grandson is thrilled to see escargot available every night. I'm going to need to lose a few more pounds because I know I'll gain them back on this cruise.Waffles for breakfast? I can't wait. Almond, chocolate nutella croissants? Hold me back. I'm excited just reading this.

ROC???

Perhaps it's a sweet cure including maple syrup. When cruising with my parents, my Dad and I have spent several happy hours planning how we might 'kidnap' a side of this bacon to take home. Just our favourite. The so-called 'English' bacon seems nothing like we get at home and we are happy to leave it in the ship!

Lol, ROC is an acronym for Rest of Canada.... (outside of Quebec, which is the only French province in Canada)

Thanks for the great food suggestions!! Does anyone know of there is sushi in the buffet in the evening? Also, any Calamari served in MDR? What items are served in the grill/poolside BBQ?

I've seen sushi a few nights, I don't know about calamari, and the bbq has burgers(regular, Turkey, veggie), hot dogs, and fries.

Make sure you go to Murano on a day where you've stayed away from the buffet. The entire experience is amazing, but the lobster table side and goat cheese soufflé there is not to be missed. The breadsticks and chocolate croissants in Blu are DIVINE (to be fair, I think you can get them in any of the restaurants and the MDR, but I always get them in Blu).

As others have offered, the burgers at the Mast Grill are pretty good, short ribs were loved by all, and I really liked the Beef Wellington. And anything eaten on deck out back of Oceanview Cafe...million $ view makes everything taste better!

Thanks for so many replies! Lots of great stuff to try. My hubby loves onion soup so he'll be thrilled to hear it's good. Definitely will try burgers poolside, escargots in mdr, mousse and pastries in al bacio. For those that mentioned the toasted almond frozen drink, do you know if it is included in the classic bev. Package? I've had it as a martini on princess and loved it!

Yes to the frozen toasted almond!

The cheese danishes at Al Bacio are out of this world. I had them on Equinox. Mornings only. Compliments your morning coffee just beautifully.

Cheese blintzes in OV cafe were wonderful, but I haven't seen them in quite a while - has anyone ?

As others eluded to, reading this thread has made me (1) hungry and (2) wishing I was cruising right now!