What does the Soda Package include?

On another thread someone said that apart from soda (fizzy drinks) it also -

'Included drinks are milk, chocolate milk, lemonade (not carbonated) iced tea, coffee, tea, tap water, flavoured water and orange juice (from concentrate) and apple juice at breakfast.'

Can someone please confirm that the soda package includes flavoured milk drinks for me? (And how are they served-- milk shakes?? Thick shakes??(I'm Australian- thick shakes here contain ice-creamand ice to make them thick) or in cartons?

Our 13 yr old would not drink truck loads of soda but if flavoured milk drinks are included this will be a winner! Thanks in advance for your help. :)

'Included drinks are milk, chocolate milk, lemonade (not carbonated) iced tea, coffee, tea, tap water, flavoured water and orange juice (from concentrate) and apple juice at breakfast.'

Can someone please confirm that the soda package includes flavoured milk drinks for me? (And how are they served-- milk shakes?? Thick shakes??(I'm Australian- thick shakes here contain ice-creamand ice to make them thick) or in cartons?

Our 13 yr old would not drink truck loads of soda but if flavoured milk drinks are included this will be a winner! Thanks in advance for your help. :)

The soda package includes soda. The other drinks you mention are included for everyone. The only flavored milk would be milk with chocolate syrup added. Definitely no milkshakes.

Soda. Nothing else

Included with your fare without paying extra is tap water, juice at breakfast( from concentrate) plain coffee, hot and iced tea, lemonade/cordial/squash, milk( white and chocolate). By the glass in the dining room, in cartons in the buffet

Milkshakes are an extra fee. Smoothies, if an option, are in the non alcoholic beverage package( or a fee ) A milkshake is thick made with ice cream , smoothies are made with milk and other things like fruit and kale. If you want protein powder that is additional on top of then package or reg cost

Only Johnny Rockets has milkshakes iirc

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Soda package is just Soda. The other drinks mentioned are the complimentary options available to everyone. You'd be looking at white and chocolate milk for included options. If you wanted smoothies, bottled water, and the non-alcoholic cocktails, you'd have to get the Refreshment package and not the soda package.

The highlighted part is the list of Drinks included in your cruise fare, not in the Soda package. Would be a Little strange if only People with the Soda package could Access tap water, wouldn´t it?;p

On that list it nowhere says flavoured milk Drinks! It´s just plain milk and chocolate milk. Those are included but usually only available during meal times. You will have a hard time to get them anywhere else than Food outlets.

Definitely no Milkshakes included and your Quote doesn´t say so. Sorry, but I think you read something into that Quote.

The highlighted part is the list of Drinks included in your cruise fare, not in the Soda package. Would be a Little strange if only People with the Soda package could Access tap water, wouldn´t it?;p

On that list it nowhere says flavoured milk Drinks! It´s just plain milk and chocolate milk. Those are included but usually only available during meal times. You will have a hard time to get them anywhere else than Food outlets.

Definitely no Milkshakes included and your Quote doesn´t say so. Sorry, but I think you read something into that Quote.

more like lost in Translation. you know, Separated by a common language. my friend who put me up for a month when I visited Perth kept talking about capsicum. it took me 4 days to realize she was talking about bell peppers. and I KNEW the meaning in the first place!

What do you consider chocolate milk to be, if not a flavoured milk drink?

All good. Thank you everyone. We decided to get the Refreshment package as at least that has juice for breaky, fizzy drinks and bottled water. (We have country rainwater where we live and tap water --- blah...some places its ok and others blah. So we have decided it is worth it, at least for Mr Young Teen.

While I don't like to quibble with anybody's tastes and things like that, let me just say that every cruise ship I've ever been on, the tap water is perfectly fine and just as good as what you pay extra for (spring water, evian or whatever). I myself end up with a couple of extra empty bottles of water at some places and before going out on an excursion, fill them up with water right out of the tap left in the fridge overnight. What I don't understand are the number of people who do the same thing but insist on filling their bottles only at the buffet fountains. (You can also I suppose fill your water bottles with the orange or apple juice served at breakfast for free). But let me repeat, I'm not going to have a philosophical argument with anybody about the purity of the water on the various cruise ships. Just my experience.

All good. Thank you everyone. We decided to get the Refreshment package as at least that has juice for breaky, fizzy drinks and bottled water. (We have country rainwater where we live and tap water --- blah...some places its ok and others blah. So we have decided it is worth it, at least for Mr Young Teen.

Did you know that you can get different packages for each person in the cabin?

I myself end up with a couple of extra empty bottles of water at some places and before going out on an excursion, fill them up with water right out of the tap left in the fridge overnight. What I don't understand are the number of people who do the same thing but insist on filling their bottles only at the buffet fountains. (You can also I suppose fill your water bottles with the orange or apple juice served at breakfast for free). But let me repeat, I'm not going to have a philosophical argument with anybody about the purity of the water on the various cruise ships. Just my experience.

Even if I wanted to drink the ship water (which I don't because it's quite often gross tasting to me), I wouldn't want to fill a bottle from the bathroom sink. I don't do that at home (well, when I was in my third trimester and was craving nearly freezing cold water all the time I did) and I don't want to do it in a room that isn't my own. :) So I would be one of those.

Except I buy the Evian package and decant it into my own Tervis. :) Because I don't like the ship water. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Please could you tell me what soda is available when freestyle machines are not available. Thanks

If you are asking what soda is available to someone with the soda package on a ship without a Freestyle machine, it would be Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, soda water, and tonic water. People sometimes report being able to get a can of soda, but this would be the exception.