Done it in the past on RCL, Bringing Water, Soda and Wine onboard on embarktation.

Jimbo

We are boarding at San Deigo Port, do people bring cases of water onboard? 12 pack cases of soda? Do they allow it? How many bottles of wine can each passenger bring?

Usually in the past I used my carryon with wheels and just putting a couple cases of soda in that and wheeling it on and have no problem, thinking of just using a backpack this time and don't want to carry around 2 12-packs on my back?

Can I check then in with our luggauge and will they get to our cabin safely?

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

Okay wine in carry-ons......what about the 12 pack cans of soda......just put a luggage tag on them and give them to the porters with the rest of our bags..........Is that what they allow?

Not really interested in brining water onboard...........Just really asking about 2 --12 packs of soda,,,,,,,,,,,Can it just be taped together and throw a luggage tag on it and will the porters at the pier take it and hopefully end up okay in our cabin like our luggage does?

2 bottles of wine in my carryon shouldn't be a problem..................real question is about the cases of soda?

Can you not drink the water from the ship in the taps?

You can, and it's perfectly safe. Some people prefer the taste of bottled water as the water from the regular taps is chlorinated with pool chlorine. The water in the restaurants, bars and buffet is filtered and doesn't have the chlorine taste.

I'm also interested in knowing the best way to bring a 12 pack of soda on the ship. My wife and I are soda junkies and would like to bring a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of bottled water on board. I'm fine with the ship water, but like the convenience of having some bottles in the room and to take on excursions.

Has anyone had any experience with asking the minifridge to be cleaned out in their stateroom to make room for soda/waters too? I did this on Carnival before without issue.

I'm also interested in knowing the best way to bring a 12 pack of soda on the ship. My wife and I are soda junkies and would like to bring a 12 pack of soda and a 12 pack of bottled water on board. I'm fine with the ship water, but like the convenience of having some bottles in the room and to take on excursions.

Has anyone had any experience with asking the minifridge to be cleaned out in their stateroom to make room for soda/waters too? I did this on Carnival before without issue.

It should not be a problem getting the fridge emptied, we greeting your room steward just mention it then and it should be taken care off by the time you get back from dinner after they make up your room for the first time..