Oosterdam Picture Review

clarkg

We came back over a week ago, but it's taken me a while to write the blog that goes along with this. You can find it here...

http://clarkanddeb.blogspot.com/2017/05/oosterdam-up-coast-2017.html

P1040372.jpg

There's a new lifeguard in town

We flew into San Diego and spent four days there, then boarded the ship. For those of you who just enjoy the pictures, I will post them here.

P1040333.jpg

South of the Border food, from just north of the border.

I had to try the Mexican Food. We were so close to Mexico that this had to be more authentic than the food I get in Washington State. It's completely different.

P1040332.JPG

Appetizer down, bring on the entries.

We were on the same cruise & spent 3 nights in San Diego-love that city!

You're funny-read your blog entry. My husband is 6'4" so we always try to book at least a Signature suite as it is very roomy and he fits in the bed.

Did you see/listen to BBKings at all? We really liked them.

Congratulations on your almost retirement!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the post and blog. When I was on the Koningsdam last summer the jigsaw puzzles were always a draw when we were at sea. The ones they had were hard so it usually took several days for each one to be completed even with so many people working on them.

Do you have any additional pictures of the Oosterdam? I'm on that ship my next cruise.

Thanks.

We were on the same cruise & spent 3 nights in San Diego-love that city!

You're funny-read your blog entry. My husband is 6'4" so we always try to book at least a Signature suite as it is very roomy and he fits in the bed.

Did you see/listen to BBKings at all? We really liked them.

Congratulations on your almost retirement!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, we didn't listen to BBKings, but we loved the dueling pianos in the Billboard on Onboard. Loved them We have a do-over in a couple of weeks, we can always try again.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed reading about your journey.

Loved reading your posts.

I enjoyed reading your review and pictures.

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed reading about your journey.

Thanks so much everyone.

Thanks so much for your trip report....really enjoyed reading your blog.

So....they had jigsaw puzzles in the Crows Nest??? I'm still shaking my head at that!

Yes they were up in the Crow's Nest. I think its instead of the water slides, rope course, and water works.

Thanks for the post and blog. When I was on the Koningsdam last summer the jigsaw puzzles were always a draw when we were at sea. The ones they had were hard so it usually took several days for each one to be completed even with so many people working on them.

Do you have any additional pictures of the Oosterdam? I'm on that ship my next cruise.

Thanks.

I went through my pictures and sadly I don't. I usually wake up at two in the morning and go around the ship taking pictures. This cruise I was so tired that I didn't do that. I called my brother, but he didn't have any inside the ship pictures either. Stay tuned though. I'll make sure I take lots in a couple of weeks.

Pictures of Old Town San Diego. Just up the street from the Mexican Restaurant.

P1040334.jpg

Love the sign

P1040336.jpg

Fixer uppers

P1040339.JPG

Corner of town

P1040343.JPG

Sailor Deb in front of a wagon

San Diego was a wonderful place to spend a few days. This was our first time there, but pretty sure it won't be our last.

Thanks.

My brother found a inside the ship picture on his phone.

18279064_1359465914137911_8424078586812644523_o.jpg?oh=0f5d5ceb0dd132cfefe2b94dfb06cb21&oe=59861B12

San Diego was a wonderful place to spend a few days. This was our first time there, but pretty sure it won't be our last.

I love San Diego, and Coronado. When you go back check out The Brigantine on Orange Ave in Coronado.

Thanks for the extra pic.

Thanks for the link to your blog and for your review. Enjoyed your comments, especially those where you and your group were trying to negotiate directions.

I relived my 2002 San Diego trip with my mom (who died in 2014) through your pictures and comments. We went to most of the same places as you did. DH & I were on the last Oosterdan western Caribbean cruise for this season in April. Heavens, we desperately wanted to continue with the ship on her repositioning, but sadly I had to go back to work.