Carnival gift cards - AARP vs Allstate?

I've read the "fine print" for both AARP rewards and Allstate rewards for the Carnival gift cards. If I understand it correctly, The gift cards from Allstate can not be used when booked through a travel agent but the ones from AARP can? I did not see the exclusion on those....??? Has anyone been successful using them when booking through a TA?

I paid using Verizon, AARP and Allstate gift cards through my TA recently with no problems at all. In fact I paid all $5500 using them:)

You can get either physical gift cards or e-gift cards through Allstate.

I have used Verizon and AARP as final payments to my travel agent and used both on the cruise as account cash. They were exactly the same. Sorry I cannot speak about allstate ones.

We usually travel on Carnival, but have a Princess cruise scheduled to Hawaii next November. Does AARP offer gift cards for other cruise lines?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They offer Royal Caribbean, but according to many in this forum, their use it quite heavily restricted. It seems that's why they're always available through AARP and don't sell out.

I recently received my first $1000 ($900 pd) from Allstate Rewards and they look identical to the ones I've received from AARP Rewards with the same series of #s so I don't know how they'd tell the difference.

BTW, this was the first time I ordered through Allstate Rewards, and I received am email to call a certain # to verify my address, etc. since they were going to be sent via UPS. When I called, the automated phone was answered saying it was Verizon.

I was so happy when I read about Allstate Rewards on CC because I rarely was able to grab them through AARP even though I checked 2 or 3 times a day.

Allstate gift cards are linked to the safe driving app that monitors your driving (speed, fast breaking, etc.). Is that correct?

Earning points to get the gift cards, correct. The "Drivewise" app. I've seen others say there are a few other options to earn points with AllState, like email codes and watching videos, but I think most get points using the app.

There is absolutely no difference between AARP and Allstate Carnival gift cards. The rules and what they can be used for are the same even if AARP and Allstate post different rules and regulations from what Carnival says their rules are and how they can be used. Only Carnival can can enforce the rules and regulations of the cards. It's their cards.

I've bought many Carnival cards from both AARP/Verizon AND Allstate both in Egift cards and the physical cards mailed to you with never one issue using either of them for paying off cruise balance, on board credit, fun shops, expiring or using them online in my cruise manager to buy and pay for anything.

Watch for other sites though that offer Carnival vouchers, or certificates. Don't get those or read the rules from Carnivals site carefully to see that they are going to work for what you need. Most Carnival vouchers or cruise credit or certificates are only good for 2 years after issue date and can only be used for on board credit or towards a future cruise booking and maybe other restricted things. The ones that have pretty much open use for almost anything Carnival purchasable and never expire are the Gift Cards.

So buy what you want from Allstate or AARP in Carnival Gift Cards with out fear. You won't have issues using them.

If any travel agent you used to book your cruise tells you they can't process the cards or Egift cards, they are being lazy or they just simply are not a setup travel agent connected with Carnival and that can be disastrous some day for you. Find another travel agent or book directly with Carnival

• 2 weeks later...
How soon do you get them

From Allstate if you have them

Emailed to you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can actually go to your account as soon as you purchase them and the gift card numbers and pin's show up immediately for the e-gift cards.

• 4 weeks later...
Is there a difference between the carnival egift cards and the gift cards? I would like lay and get them instantly. So I'm assuming the egift card would provide my information immediately.

When I got mine, they were emailed to me within 5 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I paid for a good chunk of my cruise with Allstate gift cards through my travel agent. I got the ecards and they were pretty much instantaneously in my e-mail after submitting the order. I prefer Allstate over AARP because of that, and they are so much easier to get. I have gotten cards from them every time I wanted them without waiting for them to become available.

Is there a difference between the carnival egift cards and the gift cards? I would like lay and get them instantly. So I'm assuming the egift card would provide my information immediately.

No, there's no difference, you can use them both to purchase the same stuff. The e-gift cards come with a card number and PIN. You'll either use it to purchase things on their website or just print it out and take it with you to use it on board.

• 2 weeks later...

We booked though a AAA travel agent she calls Carnival and gives them the card numbers and they applied it to our balance. We used both AARP cards and E cards from Allstate. We even bought a 500 dollar ecard while she was on the phone and she was able to apply that one too.