dining: My Time

You eat when you are hungry instead of a set time. Set time never worked well for us, we were never hungry at the early seating and starving by the late seating. Any Time made cruise dining much more enjoyable for use, you go eat when you are hungry just like in normal life.

It works just like any restaurant at home on a busy Saturday night. You walk up and tel l the hostess how many you have. Sometimes you wait 20-30 minutes for a table and they give you a buzzer, sometimes you get right in. We love it. I have no idea how people know when they will be hungry while doing fun things on vacation.

I tried it on a recent cruise and wasn't a fan. I really like the idea of having the same service team throughout the duration of the trip. You'll lose that with the anytime dining. That being said, the convenience factor was nice - but I really missed the relationship with the same dining room team.

I tried it on a recent cruise and wasn't a fan. I really like the idea of having the same service team throughout the duration of the trip. You'll lose that with the anytime dining. That being said, the convenience factor was nice - but I really missed the relationship with the same dining room team.

you can request the same service team with my time dinning, just tell the hostess you want the same table or same section

It works just like any restaurant at home on a busy Saturday night. You walk up and tel l the hostess how many you have. Sometimes you wait 20-30 minutes for a table and they give you a buzzer, sometimes you get right in. We love it. I have no idea how people know when they will be hungry while doing fun things on vacation.

" I have no idea how people know when they will be hungry"

If you are accustomed to eating at a specific time at home, chances are your body clock tells you it's time. Doesn't matter if you are on vacations or not.

Anything later than 6/6:30 for us doesn't work.

I'm sure some have a medical condition ( diabetes comes to mind) that makes them eat at specific times.

Which ship are you considering? It seems to work better on some than on others. We have enjoyed it on Spirit Class and Conquest class ships and on the Triumph. I have heard it doesn't work well on the Breeze.

It is like a restaurant at home . You go up to the desk, tell them how many in your group and they seat you. We always ask for the same section each night if we like the serving team . Then they get to know your preferences just as they would in set time dining. If we don't like the team we ask for a different area and we tell the hostess the problem. We will no longer sail with any other type of dining !!

We have done "Your Time" dining the last 4 cruises. Have gotten to like it. We always used to do "Early" dining and still go to "Your Time" around 6:30.

We have found that if we go later than 7:00, we will wait to get a table.

We also ask the hostess for the same staff once we find a good team. Never been a problem.

" I have no idea how people know when they will be hungry"

If you are accustomed to eating at a specific time at home, chances are your body clock tells you it's time. Doesn't matter if you are on vacations or not.

Anything later than 6/6:30 for us doesn't work.

I'm sure some have a medical condition ( diabetes comes to mind) that makes them eat at specific times.

Ehhh....not in my case since everything about a vacation is different from the home routine. We will have days on board where we are up early for a port. That means early breakfast, early lunch and an early dinner. Other days, especially at sea, we get a later start. That means late breakfast, late lunch and late dinner.

Unless I want to be starving or not hungry 50% of the time then Any Time is the only thing that works. I have been seated at too many early times not that hungry and been starving by the time the late seating rolled around. The pick your time options on the various lines has been great for us.